History thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If the mods don't mind, can we start a catch-all history thread? If not, move this to a thread that it would fit.

The team that really got me into Tottenham were the 5th place 06-07 team with Berbatov/Keane/Dafoe. I thought Berbatov was so unique and I loved how he played. He seemed to score only world class goals or goals from 8 feet or closer.

It's never on his top 10 goals, but the genius and subtlety at 6:17 makes it my favorite goal of his. And then you add the ManU video

Is there a player today that's anything like him? Who has that style?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Always cool to experience history and really get to appreciate it in the moment...even if watching that made me salty about not being able to snap up Boniface before the rest of the BuLi caught, all over again :laugh:

Hard not to wonder how differently our season might have gone if we had secured Boniface. Our lack of goals killed us all season and just made the team dejected for long swaths of the season. Maybe if our best goalscorer wasn't our LB, our confidence / self-belief wouldn't have evaporated the way it did?

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
WC 1958.

Screenshot_2.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad