OT - NO POLITICS Happy Holidays, Darker Earlier, Snow, I'm Scared!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
My dad and I play Scrabble frequently. I usually win but the games are close.

I absolutely stole a game yesterday. He got a Bingo pretty early on and was winning by 50ish points most of the game. I picked up the last of the tiles on my turn, and he was down to 4.

I got really lucky however and not only picked up the right tiles for a Bingo myself, but also had a place to put it. 93 points on the last turn to end the game.

View attachment 494441
Nice lol

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just a Tornado watch things looking up! Kidding. Hope you are safe and sound now!
No issues, although there is another system moving in this afternoon that could be severe.

Oh, and right now, it's 72 degrees outside and it's not even 8 am. But the National Weather Service is saying they can't rule out a dusting to a quarter inch of snow on grassy surfaces tomorrow afternoon.

BIZkwFtu2xDlS.gif

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
anyone know if its safe to use a window ac with a coolbot indoors?
we are building a large flower cooler in the basement and woukd rather vent it into the basement outside the built cooler, than to make a hole in the foundation.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
600 homes lost in Boulder, Colorado today due to wildfires. High winds are making it move super fast.

I can't fathom having to face something like that. Those poor people :cry:

Edit: speaking of wind speeds...

o_O:help:

Fires got to within a mile of my former home. Mercifully, none of my friends were directly impacted, but many of their friends weren't so lucky.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Need all the great Karma you friends have, Mrs Odaat`s surgeon was so great in securing a time for her surgery for breast cancer so soon after being diagnosed, I take her tomorrow night to the hospital for Monday morning surgery. She (oncologist) is very encouraged by the early detection and feels very positive about this going well.

It sounds as though she will only stay one evening then come home, she is taking an anti estrogen pill right now and man is it tough to watch her struggle through this but staying positive. No clue how long the recovery phase will be to the point where she feels well enough to return to work but work is the last thing on our minds

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Need all the great Karma you friends have, Mrs Odaat`s surgeon was so great in securing a time for her surgery for breast cancer so soon after being diagnosed, I take her tomorrow night to the hospital for Monday morning surgery. She (oncologist) is very encouraged by the early detection and feels very positive about this going well.

It sounds as though she will only stay one evening then come home, she is taking an anti estrogen pill right now and man is it tough to watch her struggle through this but staying positive. No clue how long the recovery phase will be to the point where she feels well enough to return to work but work is the last thing on our minds
:heart:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Andrew my heart and prayers go out to her and you.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Oceans of Love and Healing Blessings....

Reactions: BMC

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Best of luck to Mrs. Odaat on Monday. I'll be thinking of you both.

Reactions: Ladyfan

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

Sending healing thoughts to you both. Be strong for each other and ask for help from all who love you:rose:

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Sending Mrs Odaat all my prayers and good vibes her way. Much love to you all. You got this!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Sending hugs and positive energy to you and Mrs. ODAAT

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

Best of luck to the Mrs Andrew. Glad it was found early.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

All the good karma and vibes your way. She’s going to beat this like Looch beat up Komisarek ;)

Reactions: ODAAT

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Aaannnd..my son woke up sick as a dog. Just called us. Tested Positive for covid.
He was here Friday.
Now my wife and I wait.
If I drop off for a bit thats why.

:(

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Aaannnd..my son woke up sick as a dog. Just called us. Tested Positive for covid.
He was here Friday.
Now my wife and I wait.
If I drop off for a bit thats why.

:(
Oh no....If you get it you will probably not get too sick.

Hoping for the best

I feel like we are all going to get it eventually. I have hope that being vaccinated will make it far less dangerous.

Take care. I hope you and the bride will be fine.

Reactions: Gee Wally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad