Halifax Mooseheads: 2020-2021 Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I suppose last season is officially wrapped up so we might as well shift gears to next year.

In the American draft the Mooseheads took LW Henry Wilson and RW Michael Stenberg. Both seem like promising players overall and according to Willy Palov there is a strong chance Wilson reports and possibly Stenberg as well.

The Moose also added forwards Ethan Landry and Lawson Cook to the training camp roster and could potentially fight for some spots. In addition to this, US defenseman Brady Schultz (14th round selection) noted the Mooseheads in his social media so it is assumed he will be reporting as well.

All in all, it looks like there are going to be a lot of guys fighting for spots, especially young guys all of whom could win some over the vets. Could free up some room for some trades but it'll be exciting to see how the team takes shape. Based on the roster as it stands, here looks to be the guys vying for position:

Updated for Euro Draft and Training Camp Roster:

Desnoyers – L’Heureux – Peeters (IMP)
Peyton (20) – Biasca (IMP) – Orr
Dube – Vidicek – Jones
Swan – David – Dumais
Miron – Kabatay – Foston
Petten – Robitaille - Tourchot
MacPhee - Landry - Maztravrakos

Horvath (20) – Barron
Whynot – Tomilson
Furlong – Hunt
Tessier – Robinson
Sack - Carr

Gravel (20) (Likely traded)
McLaren (20)
James
Rousseau

Euro pick this year: Attilio Biasca (C) 5'11" 190lbs - Zug (SUI)

Last edited:
Reactions: HkyFan202

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

All four Americans picked by the Mooseheads between the Q and US draft will be reporting to camp. Defensemen Jackson Dorrington and Brady Schultz along with forwards Henry Wilson and Michael Stenberg will likely end up with good chances to make the club. Hard to say exactly where they'd fit in and how they'll perform at this level but it's a great job by management getting some very promising players to commit. Out of all of them, Stenberg was the only one with a confirmed NCAA commitment (Penn State) so it looks as though he will be forgoing that commitment.

Really excited to see how they all perform in camp and what that'll do to the roster.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I suppose last season is officially wrapped up so we might as well shift gears to next year.

In the American draft the Mooseheads took LW Henry Wilson and RW Michael Stenberg. Both seem like promising players overall and according to Willy Palov there is a strong chance Wilson reports and possibly Stenberg as well.

The Moose also added forwards Ethan Landry and Lawson Cook to the training camp roster and could potentially fight for some spots. In addition to this, US defenseman Brady Schultz (14th round selection) noted the Mooseheads in his social media so it is assumed he will be reporting as well.

All in all, it looks like there are going to be a lot of guys fighting for spots, especially young guys all of whom could win some over the vets. Could free up some room for some trades but it'll be exciting to see how the team takes shape. Based on the roster as it stands, here looks to be the guys vying for position:

Desnoyers – L’Heureux – Peeters
Peyton (20) – Orr – Jones
Burridge – Vidicek – Dumais
Swan – Dube – Foston
Wilson – David – Kabatay
Petten – Landry – Stenberg
Miron - - Cook

Horvath (20) – Barron
Whynot – Tomilson
Furlong – Desroches
Dorrington – Hunt
Tessier - Schultz

Gravel (20) (Likely traded)
McLaren (20)
James

Plus a new euro either on offense or defense. This will be a really competitive training camp.

It looks like the import draft will be coming up on June 30th. Some names potentially to keep an eye out for:

Forwards: Fabian Lysell, Marcus Almquist, Danil Lazutin, Samu Tuomaala

Defensemen: Simon Edvinsson, Stanislav Svozil, Artyom Grushnikov

I would add Samu Salminen ( C / LW ) and Jere Virolainen ( C )
on that list as potential import draft targets.
But it's another story will those guys report if they get drafted to Mooseheads.

Corona-Pandemic is screwed up a lot around the world.
And there's no guarantee on that will there even be 2020-2021 CHL season at all
that's why it's possible / very likely many 2020 drafted import players will stay Europe and play pro hockey.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
June 30th. Date set for CHL Import Draft – Halifax Mooseheads.

Could we get screwed over on Euro's not wanting to come over cause of Covid-19? I'm assuming the Mooseheads are doing interviews as we speak and they will consider taking a guy who might only come over next season? Risky

They might go young and then try to get them next year, too.

One thing Halifax has is a track record:

Voracek, Ehlers, Meier, Hischier, etc.

Come here and you will very likely see your name called early in the draft and go on to a successful NHL career.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They might go young and then try to get them next year, too.

One thing Halifax has is a track record:

Voracek, Ehlers, Meier, Hischier, etc.

Come here and you will very likely see your name called early in the draft and go on to a successful NHL career.

Great city to live in for any Euro making the trip overseas. Add Zadina to the list. Hopefully the next one we bring over stays more than one season. Imagine if we had Zadina for our Memorial cup run? We would of not traded for Safin and kept our 1st or used that to get Dobson

Mooseheads will be exciting to watch next year. And we got the Wildcat's 1st for the next two years where they will be very good picks. We are spoiled!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
5th overall pick in the Import Draft: Atillio Biasca - C - 5'11" 190lbs - Zug (Switzerland) Attilio Biasca at eliteprospects.com

Needless to say Swiss players have done pretty well over here. He had 29 points in 34 games in the Swiss U20 league.

Per Cam: “He has great vision and extremely good hockey sense. He has flown a little bit under the radar but we are really thrilled to get him. I think he will open a lot of eyes here in Halifax.”

Looks to be a promising selection and a good addition to a really deep, young forward group.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
5th overall pick in the Import Draft: Atillio Biasca - C - 5'11" 190lbs - Zug (Switzerland) Attilio Biasca at eliteprospects.com

Needless to say Swiss players have done pretty well over here. He had 29 points in 34 games in the Swiss U20 league.

Per Cam: “He has great vision and extremely good hockey sense. He has flown a little bit under the radar but we are really thrilled to get him. I think he will open a lot of eyes here in Halifax.”

Looks to be a promising selection and a good addition to a really deep, young forward group.

We will be drafting a defenseman with the Wildcats 1st or our 1st next year for sure! D is decent but in terms of building that Memorial cup team, it needs work.

Reactions: Patmac40

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hischier's age 17 season with Bern U20: 28 pts with 11 goals in 18 games

Biasca's age 17 season with Zug U20: 29 pts with 17 goals in 34 games

We will see how good Biasca becomes this time around. What we do know is the Moosehead forward group will be deep with talent. Probably more than what Hischier played with when he was with us

Reactions: Patmac40

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No doubt, had a few friends pay there and didn't love it but not necessarily because of Bathurst itself. But I have enough family in Caraquet to know I probably don't want to be in northern NB during the winter lol.

There ain't no shore like the north shore, that's for sure

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Any idea when camp rosters are posted? Be tough to get it down to 34.

Seen some camp rosters getting posted recently, expect rosters to come out sometime this week.

I don't believe it'll include americans and imports. (At least for the start of camp)
Meaning Zack Jones, Atilio Biaska, Stenburg, Wilson, Dorrington, and Shultz won't be there right away. Will be interesting who makes the 34 player list and who get's the boot. Sounds like a lot but it really isn't!

Here's who I PREDICT is invited.

GOALTENDERS
Alexis Gravel (20)
Cole McLaren (20)
Brady James (17)
Mathis Rousseau (16)

DEFENCEMEN
Jason Horvath (20)
Justin Barron (19)
Cam Whynot (17)
Olivier Desroches (19)
Brendan Tomilson (19)
Jake Furlong (16)
Lucas Robinson (18)
Keegan Hunt (17)
Alex Carr (16)
Alexandre Tessier (16)

FORWARDS
Zachary L'Heureux (17)
Elliot Desnoyers (18)
Senna Peeters (18)
Zack Jones (19)
Robert Orr (17)
Liam Peyton (20)
Samuel Dube (18)
Jeff Burridge (19)
Alexandre David (18)
Sonny Kabatay (18)
Markus Vidicek (16)
Jordan Dumais (16)
James Swan (16)
Kyle Petten (19)
Landon Miron (18)
Merle Putnam (17)
Olivier Tourchot (17)
William Robitaille (17)
Cole Foston (17)

*Prediction ^

NOTE: Some players unfortunately not making the cut. I didn't add any invitees, I really see a lot more in Merle, Olivier, and William over Lawson, Mason, and Ethan (who is the 1st OVR pick in Junior A)

Once guys are eliminated from camp, the 6 guys probably jump in. (Unless they keep those spots reserved and cut more guys that the start of camp is more around 27-28. Which would completely suck for some guys.

I hear players will be quarantining in booked hotel rooms. In Sydney they have a whole Cambridge Inn & Suites booked out.

Last edited:

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Updated OP lines based on training camp roster. A number of guys still not able to make the trip to camp yet due to restrictions. Too bad for some of the Americans that were drafted and were looking to get over to camp this year. Will be interested to see everything get sorted out.

EftdtpUWoAAXggF

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Wow so the roster eliminates Merle Putnam, Burridge is gone which is kind of sad.

Michael Sack made the cut which I find pretty interesting. Olivier Desroches is yet again off the hook, poor kid can't get a break. The rest of the roster is pretty much up to my expectations!

Ethan Landry is a really good invite but being a 1st OVR Pick I would've assumed he was going Junior A, maybe someone will be loaned down to Valley if he made the team, like Landon Miron or Sonny Kabatay.
Mason Mantzavrakos can be underrated or overrated, can't wait to see what he brings. He may just be another Jeff Burridge but we can't know until we find out.

Reactions: Tube Skates

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Screenshot_20200826-143709_Twitter.jpg
Gravel has decided not to show up for camp and is still exploring Pro options. / looking for a trade . So that takes care of that ...

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Wow so the roster eliminates Merle Putnam, Burridge is gone which is kind of sad.

Michael Sack made the cut which I find pretty interesting. Olivier Desroches is yet again off the hook, poor kid can't get a break. The rest of the roster is pretty much up to my expectations!

Ethan Landry is a really good invite but being a 1st OVR Pick I would've assumed he was going Junior A, maybe someone will be loaned down to Valley if he made the team, like Landon Miron or Sonny Kabatay.
Mason Mantzavrakos can be underrated or overrated, can't wait to see what he brings. He may just be another Jeff Burridge but we can't know until we find out.

Mantzavrakos was at the Remparts camp last year but he was part of the first round of cuts.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Via Mooseheads Twitter

Released from the Mooseheads today were forwards William Robitaille, Olivier Tourchot, Ethan Landry, Mason Mantzavrakos and Braeden MacPhee along with goalie Mathis Rousseau and defenceman Michael Sack. Robitaille, Tourchot and Sack were 2019 draft picks by the Herd, while Rousseau and MacPhee were added at the 2020 draft. Mantzavrakos and Landry were attending camp on free agent invitations.

Worth Noting that there are still 3 players there trying to get into the county .... so still cuts to be made it seems .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad