Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Wow on that goal by Slaf. Really starting to mature and show his top end potential. At this stage, I feel comfortable saying we have a top line power forward winger who has it all. Skating, size, good hands, good vision, plays aggressive, good shot.
I think most will now agree that maybe taking Slafkovsky over Wright was the 'right' decision. But just maybe, the evil power of the consensus is still acting as a potent force for some.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think most will now agree that maybe taking Slafkovsky over Wright was the 'right' decision. But just maybe, the evil power of the consensus is still acting as a potent force for some.

Before we knew where we were going to pick that year (1 month left in the season), I remember the scout "experts" on our boards trying to downplay the Slaf pick.... even at 3 or 4. Almost like trying to bully you off taking him.

The whole "international tournaments" fluke narrative again. Same things said about B Tkachuk.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Before we knew where we were going to pick that year (1 month left in the season), I remember the scout "experts" on our boards trying to downplay the Slaf pick.... even at 3 or 4. Almost like trying to bully you off taking him.

The whole "international tournaments" fluke narrative again. Same things said about B Tkachuk.
Tkachuk was compared to Shane Bowers as to why he wouldn't be a good pick.

We all gotta sit back and not take things so serious as none of us know what's really going to happen. It's a nice little pat on the back, but overall everyone is way more wrong than right.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Official tournament starts tomorrow (Friday, May 10):

10:20 am: Switzerland vs Norway (former goaltending prospect Fredrik Dichow is with the team, as is 2024 top 15 draft eligible prospect Michael Brandsegg-Nygard (W).). Former Hab Sven Andrighetto is with the Swiss team.

10:20 am: Slovakia vs Germany: Get a chance to see Slafkovsky!

2:20 pm: Czech Republic vs Finland: Montreal prospect Oliver Kapanen & top 15 2024 draft eligible prospect Konsta Helenius are both playing for Finland.

2:20 pm: Sweden vs USA: Caufield! Believe it or not former St. John's Ice Caps Max Friberg is playing for Sweden.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tkachuk was compared to Shane Bowers as to why he wouldn't be a good pick.

We all gotta sit back and not take things so serious as none of us know what's really going to happen. It's a nice little pat on the back, but overall everyone is way more wrong than right.

Do you remember how aggressive those anti Tkachuk fans were? You said his name and got attacked. I don't mind back/forth conversations but some just get too aggressive with trying to move you off your pick because they think you don't know what you are talking about.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Caufield et Dach pour Dubois, moi je l’fais demain!

Something something blah blah (not sure if he actually said that but i’m just making an educated guess based on history with Le Flynn!
lol. wouldn't be surprising...lol

Reactions: 417

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Solid play by Slaf at the blue line to create that 2 on 1 in front of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad