Confirmed with Link: Glass to Milwaukee

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Maybe Hynes doesn't believe in traditional bottom-six approach and Afanasyev was fighting for a top 9 spot or to replace someone on the herd line (traditional bottom six cropped into one line :laugh:)

I didn't catch any pre-season games, so I don't know if Egor deserved a look at the starting lineup over those two, just a thought.
Afanasyev fought for a roster spot up to the last cut but was getting looked at primarily on the wing while both Tomasino and Glass were getting both center and wing time.

Reactions: Gh24

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Afanasyev isn’t 4th line or a “herd member”. Players tend to get pegged early as 4th liners, are given that job and begin to believe it. Afanasyev is a potential 1/2 line player. He should be managed that way. So, being in Milwaukee on 1/2 is much better for him than being in the “herd” here. That would not help him learn and develop as a scorer. I hope no one pegs him as a 4L because he’s big.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That's sad indeed.

It might not be the beer that Made Milwaukee famous, but it was an above average brew.

RIP

You are correct that Schlitz started brewing it in the 1930s. Then Stroh's bought them out in 1982 after Schlitz went on strike in 1981 and it was never settled. Then Pabst bought Stroh's out. Then Pabst had no breweries of their own, and depended on companies like Miller to brew some of their brands for a few years. The story is like the Twilight Zone.

I never understood how a brewery can have no brewing capacity, but now we have car dealerships with no new cars.

Taste in beer is very subjective.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
You are correct that Schlitz started brewing it in the 1930s. Then Stroh's bought them out in 1982 after Schlitz went on strike in 1981 and it was never settled. Then Pabst bought Stroh's out. Then Pabst had no breweries of their own, and depended on companies like Miller to brew some of their brands for a few years. The story is like the Twilight Zone.

I never understood how a brewery can have no brewing capacity, but now we have car dealerships with no new cars.

That's pretty confusing alright. I wonder is the flavor remained consistent through all the changes.

As far as American lagers go, I find Miller and Rolling Rock are pretty good.

Reactions: adsfan

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019

Personally, I've found tastes change. The beer I liked when I was younger, I really don't like so much now.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Highnote mentioned this morning that Glass basically got sent down to basically get his confidence back, and work out some past stuff on his injuries. Also if you want to twist it a bit you could also take some of it as Vegas did a rather poor job of developing his game.

GratuitousGore

Dec 15, 2018
Longtime lurker here popping in to say I don't know if anyone noticed, but that article on the beers is seven and a half years old. I'd say if the beers listed are still around all this while later, they're probably not in quite so much imminent danger of disappearing.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Longtime lurker here popping in to say I don't know if anyone noticed, but that article on the beers is seven and a half years old. I'd say if the beers listed are still around all this while later, they're probably not in quite so much imminent danger of disappearing.

More people are switching from the national premium brands to craft beers and other beverages.
Below, you see gains by Constellation (Corona), Mike's (hard cider), Boston Beer (Sam Adams) and Other (Yuengling, 3 Floyds, Sierra Nevada, Bell's, Allagash, Founders...).

Brewer/Importer2010 Share2020 Share
Anheuser-Busch InBev47.9%38.7%
Molson Coors28.9%21.1%
Constellation Brands5.3%11.3%
Mark Anthony Brands (Mike's)0.6%4.4%
Boston Beer Co. 1.1%3.5%
Heineken USA4.0%3.2%
All Other Domestic and Imports12.2%17.8%
Total100%100%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Source: Beer Marketer’s Insights, 2021

Best in Beer Readers’ Choice: Top 50 Beers of 2020

GratuitousGore

Dec 15, 2018
More people are switching from the national premium brands to craft beers and other beverages.
Below, you see gains by Constellation (Corona), Mike's (hard cider), Boston Beer (Sam Adams) and Other (Yuengling, 3 Floyds, Sierra Nevada, Bell's, Allagash, Founders...).

Brewer/Importer2010 Share2020 Share
Anheuser-Busch InBev47.9%38.7%
Molson Coors28.9%21.1%
Constellation Brands5.3%11.3%
Mark Anthony Brands (Mike's)0.6%4.4%
Boston Beer Co. 1.1%3.5%
Heineken USA4.0%3.2%
All Other Domestic and Imports12.2%17.8%
Total100%100%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Source: Beer Marketer’s Insights, 2021

Best in Beer Readers’ Choice: Top 50 Beers of 2020

Oh, I'm aware the trend has been decidedly downward for those beers for a long, long time. Just noting the age of the article, which I'm pretty sure is one I posted to my social feeds years ago. Like many others, I drank these cheap beers when I was younger, but have favored craft beers in my older age for many years now. One of my current favorites is Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Id guess part of it is a shift too away from more traditional beers and more into the flavored stuff and even pre-mixed coctails. The number of beer labels we've seen has been kind of going down but the number of mixers + pre-mixed alcoholic beverages has been going up. We basically spent the last 2 weeks printing nothing but 10 ball coctail labels.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Where DaFUQ is Spotted Cow? Anyone who has been to Wisconsin knows it is the best beer in the land!

Spotted Cow is a favorite of mine. New Glarus doesn't distribute their beers outside of the 5.5M people in Wisconsin. If they expanded to Chicagoland and added 9 million more people to their area, I think you would see them on the list.

Riverwest Stein by Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee is also popular here. We are going there after work today.

Fat Tire and Voodoo Ranger IPA by New Belgium also have a big following in Wisconsin. Drink locally.

When my daughter was living out of state, she had a Wisconsin party for her friends. Brats on pretzel buns, some cheeses, Spotted Cow and Moon Man beers. The people down there loved it!

I will be at the Admirals versus Chicago Wolves game tonight. It will be my chance to see Glass in person. I assume that he can crack the lineup here. :nod: For the home opener, Milwaukee played 7 Dmen with 11 forwards, so there is a spot open for Glass. Mismash didn't play in that game.

Reactions: AnalogKid

badi

Jan 21, 2008
8 points in his last 4 games
Feel like the Preds could use a boost
Is it time to bring him up for good ?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It sounds like he has at least established himself as a top AHL player, trending towards too-good-to-stay-in-the-AHL-much-longer. That's great. And what we hoped to see. Especially since he would have to clear waivers next season, so will basically make our team by default anyway.

That said there is a very large gap between being too good for the AHL and being good enough to do anything of note in the NHL. Rocco Grimaldi is also too good for the AHL, and probably better than Glass there, and yet nobody here is expecting Grimaldi back on the team.

So it's at least an encouraging step for Glass that he's playing well, but it would be premature to think he could give the big team any kind of boost.
:dunno:

Reactions: cjerina

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'd say keep him in the AHL for this year. Milwaukee is rolling and they need him, as well as he needs a lot of ice-time and confidence. Light up the AHL, have a playoff run there, work out in the summer and come to Camp stronger than ever.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Call him up after the ahl season ends and start acquainting him with the team. Next year I have no clue where to put him. Him and Joey shouldn’t really be on a line together as they’re both playmakers. Sissons will be attached to the beast line which I guess gives glass the “4th” line. I think him Tomasino and Tolvanen could gel.

forsberg (extended) Granlund Duchene
Jeannot Joey Kunin
Afanasyev sissons Trenin
Tolvanen glass tomasino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad