German football season 2023/24

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Kane is flying in for his medical today. Bild has a live-ticker. LOL

This Kane experience will be fun to watch the next months. Hahaha.

The Mane thing on Bild last year wasn't bad either.

I ask myself how Barca, Real or the EPL biggie supporters survive transfer windows?:help:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Keegan did win Bundesliga and Ballon d'Or in Germany, although they lost the Champions league (European Cup) final (against Forest).

Not sure if simlar achievement would be quite enough for Kane, but at least it wouldn't be a failure.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Keegan did win Bundesliga and Ballon d'Or in Germany, although they lost the Champions league (European Cup) final (against Forest).

Not sure if simlar achievement would be quite enough for Kane, but at least it wouldn't be a failure.
I don't make fun of Keegan. He was a superb player.
What I mean is that the Kane mania today is like back in the day.
IIRC Keegan was the first foreign superstar who signed with a German club anyway. I don't think Hellstrom or Simonsen were that big.

Reactions: gary69

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Does anyone know if this game is televised in other language? English, French, Italian or Spanish?

Leipzig with the first goal, in less than 5 minutes. Wow, maybe poor Kane might not even win his first trophy. He looks so weird in a different jersey.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I mean calling what was awarded today a trophy is a stretch. The fact Bayern gave Kane minutes a day after he got there proves it's not really a meaningful game.

Reactions: JoVel

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
German cup first round:

Notable teams eliminated:

Werder Bremen vs. Viktoria Köln. 3rd league
VfL Bochum vs. Arminia Bielefeld. 3rd league
FC Augsburg vs. Unterhaching. 3rd league

to be updated.

As usual Hannover 96 loses in the first round to a lower team.

UPDATE

Former Bundesliga great FC 08 Homburg kicked Darmstadt 98's butt.

The "condom boys" (today they are 4th tier) beat Bundesliga D98.

Attachments

• homburg.jpg
    homburg.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hopefully they can identify the Hallescher FC fan and ban him for life from all BuLi stadiums. Not a fanbase I know much about, so I dunno if we should expect them to help the club identify the culprit, but there's no reason that fan shouldn't be identified.

Really feel for Tel as there won't be any consequences in that case and it was assholes from his own fanbase being scummy on IG.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Union trying not to embarrass themselves in the CL.
Probably, but they improve their roster, while Tuchel annoys the entire club by saying Kimmich has "not a holding 6" DNA and wants new players. They don't even have a jointly opinion, if they need a goalie or not.

IMO Tuchel will be sacked soon and Neuer will never play a game for Bayern again.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
You need depth to win a treble :dunno:
Gosens and Volland are no "depth". You know that. Union is serious in improving their team. What team, not named HOF, WOB or RB -with all the money behind them- has ever done this.
I am impressed.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Gosens and Volland are no "depth". You know that. Union is serious in improving their team. What team, not named HOF, WOB or RB -with all the money behind them- has ever done this.
I am impressed.
They have a good project to sell, a good trajectory and of course Berlin is attractive to many as a place to live/work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad