TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Naruto is great. And I never thought I would like it. But you can't watch any filler although a few very small parts of filler in Naruto are actually interesting but unneeded. Same with bleach. The filler is just atrocious. Around 200 of those 500 episodes of Naruto are filler and can be skipped. Making it more reasonable length wise. While still a lot it's no where close to One Piece length

It's a lot better than a lot of shows that it gets ranked below. I wish there was more adventure into the worldbuilding aspect like OP, but Naruto has some of the best character designs in anime and some of the best fights and arcs that I've seen.

I tapped out at the Ninja War so I missed out on a lot of the moments that people consider peak, but even then Chunin Exams, Akatsuki and then the Pain Invasion Arc are some of the best and most memorable anime moments I've experienced.

It's not on the level of One Piece or HXH, but Naruto is a must watch imo.

Reactions: PALE PWNR

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Hell, I got to 290 in Bleach and I am starting to get worn out, especially since I got another filler arc and that extremely stupid arc with dirty boots (will never forget that in my life) power coming up. Don't get me wrong, I am still very much enjoying it, but I don't know how some of you lot could do a One Piece run. I never watched a single episode in my life of that show and it is because of how ridiculous it is.

The difference is that One Piece is peak fiction and Bleach is an average / above average anime...

You definitely can't speedrun One Piece and I think that adds to it's charm.

It appeals so much to me because my favorite aspect about shonen is the exploration. It's like i'm on a roadtrip with my best friends and One Piece does it pretty phenomenally. All of the arcs are so unique, and the Pirate aspect means they're constantly stretching and exploring the boundaries of their landscape.

The themes can get pretty dark too. Oda doesn't hide his political worldviews. The show revolves around things like unions being infiltrated by the feds, overthrowing the ruling elite, colonial exploitation, healthcare, indigenous people fighting back for their land etc.

The Strawhats are peak and all unique in their own ways. You ask five different OP fans and they likely all have a different fav Strawhat.

But the length of the show can definitely be daunting and you have to have a filler guide on deck. Most people I know that are caught up have taken sabbaticals from their watch/read.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- It has been a minute, but I finished Bleach month(s) back and it was effin' amazing. The only complaint I have is that most of, if not all the characters we are stuck with at the end of the current season are all essentially useless since the main battle must be between the Quincey bloke and Ichiago. I have not read any of the manga so these are random predictions, but that's pretty much where it is heading to based on the predictability of "main protagonists'" storylines.

- After Bleach, I caught up with Spy x Family season 2 and that was amazing, so much better than the first season. I thought the show finally found a fantastic level of speed, dialogue, and chemistry after some hit-and-misses from season one. Bloody good ship arc storyline, which led to much-needed character development. Also, they really came with it in regards to action fighting scenes, very interested in where it will go in the next season.

- Then I caught up with Classroom of the Elite season 3, and that was also ridiculously awesome. Not Spy x Family level good, but still very enjoyable with a lot of character development for the secondary ones.

- I just finished Osho no Ko and that was rather....weird. SPOILERS ahead, do not read if you have not watched it. It is hard to explain because I was totally feeling it towards the end, but a lot of the beginning and setting of the plot were just strange. I don't know, I definitely do not condone getting preg at 16 years old or whatever old Ai was, that is effin' weird and reminded me too much of all the 16 and preg videos on MTV with that trash destroying culture (anything made by MTV for that matter). That is my biggest gripe of the show in all honesty, but the first couple of episodes were really bad and really slow until it finally found its footing after episode 2 or 3. Another semi-complaint I had was this show is about a certain segment of society as Dress Up Darling is for cosplay, Osho no Ko is for acting/idol fad that KPop started 4-6 years ago. The problem is for a show predominately about becoming idols, the studio company went to great lengths to make sure the blood stains were realistic lol, too realistic where it seems they went out and studied murders because it was crazy how much effort they put in those scenes. I am looking forward to season 2, but the show suffers from not knowing what it wants to be. Does it want to be Re:Zero 2.0 (which actually balances a lot of the elements nicely), does it want to be a comedy show (because of that dude with the bird head - which is so not funny in any shape or form), does it want to be a revenge show (because there is too much humour so far to make it so), does it want to be a show about a certain topic like Dress Up Darling (because that is what I was expecting, but it does not follow those cliches), or does it want to be a show talking about the dark side of entertainment (as As You Lie in April does)? Just too much going off in too many directions I thought.

- I just started Frieren as it was next on my list and I want to see what all the hype is about, but I admit I am not huge in D&D sort of fantasy stuff when it comes to many forms of entertainment so there is a chance I might not like it. We will see.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad