GDT: GDT #81 New York Islanders @ New Jersey Devils | April 15th | 7 PM | F/W 4-1

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Which is why owing a little each year (and getting that interest free loan yourself) is a pretty good option.
Owing is still annoying though.

What bothers me about the whole process is they know how much I will owe. So why don't they just tell my job, and then my job will take out the correct amount and then I'll neither get a refund or owe.

Reactions: wasthere7980

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
As long as you know you're going to owe and can cover it, absolutely. If you get a surprise bill, woof.
This happened to me this year. My wife and I routinely got like 2k refunds every year. Then all of a sudden this year (full year in a new job) we owed 1700. It wasn't a big deal as we had the $, but it's annoying anyway. Also WTF NYS, how did you mess this up so bad?

Reactions: PK Cronin

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Which is why owing a little each year (and getting that interest free loan yourself) is a pretty good option.
Well, it’s not an interest free loan. They charge an underpayment penalty when you owe. If you’re just putting that money in a bank account, the underpayment penalty will be more than whatever you made parking that money in the bank.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Well, it’s not an interest free loan. They charge an underpayment penalty when you owe. If you’re just putting that money in a bank account, the underpayment penalty will be more than whatever you made parking that money in the bank.
If you paid less than 90%, yes.

Reactions: eoin92

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Take this tax discussion to the main board, they love talking about tax implications

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Really hoping for a similar fan turnout to the Dubie clincher from years back against the Devils. That day the arena in New Jersey was filled with at least 40% Isles fans.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Really hoping for a similar fan turnout to the Dubie clincher from years back against the Devils. That day the arena in New Jersey was filled with at least 40% Isles fans.
Same, it's killing me I couldn't make it out. If it was a Saturday game I'd be there with 10 others

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
On the one hand amazing we find ourselves able to clinch the #3 seed tonight.

On the other...What a mess the Metro is this year/how much easier the schedule has been the last few weeks.

Reactions: islesmb

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
On the one hand amazing we find ourselves able to clinch the #3 seed tonight.

On the other...What a mess the Metro is this year/how much easier the schedule has been the last few weeks.
There has been some easy games but lets be fair though, we have beaten Dallas, the Rags (should have beat them three times), Jets, Bruins, Panthers and Nashville. There have been multiple nice wins over top teams in these last 15-20 games.

Reactions: leeroggy and mm11

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I have this funny feeling this game will be a blowout...just dono for which side.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
There has been some easy games but lets be fair though, we have beaten Dallas, the Rags (should have beat them three times), Jets, Bruins, Panthers and Nashville. There have been multiple nice wins over top teams in these last 15-20 games.
And the Islanders have the 3rd best record against the top 7 NHL teams. A lot more playoff potential than their record might indicate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad