GDT: Game 81 at LA | 7:30 PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Ben Meyers is like if you put the hands and hockey sense of Ross Johnston into Andrew Cogliano's body.

• Haha
Reactions: ff8

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Nice job by Lag there actually, kinda worked over Danault
I think this is the 1st time I've seen this guy play and he seems very aggressive. Like he actually likes the physical game, same as Gudas. Too bad he seems to handle puck like a grenade and is step behind the play.

It would be great have someone like him (or better I don't know if he's good enough) as 7/8th dman though. I guess that was Benoit and I still don't know why didn't they re-sign him, or maybe he was worse than I remember.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Is it my imagination or does Dostal give up more than his fair share of goals on long range point shots?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You have some interesting takes on things...

Is it my imagination or does Dostal give up more than his fair share of long range point shots?
Not really sure you can blame him for the second one. Lot of traffic the boys weren't clearing out or causing.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
It's pretty cool all the stuff from the highlights I saw Zellweger do in WHL & AHL he's doing the exact same things in here. That skating/transition ability alone guarantees him a spot in the league, but the sky is the limit for him since his game is just made for the current NHL.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's pretty cool all the stuff from the highlights I saw Zellweger do in WHL & AHL he's doing the exact same things in here. That skating/transition ability alone guarantees him a spot in the league, but the sky is the limit for him since his game is just made for the current NHL.
His awareness of player spacing is a huge asset for him. I think it's an attribute that isn't talked about enough. Guys like Getzlaf, Nieds, and Pronger had that awareness pretty much sky high (along with other elite attributes, don't get me wrong) and they thrived in the league (partially) because of it. (I'd also add way after the fact that it's all the more impressive for Zell given how much faster the game is these days)

He just needs to get a better sense of the right time to cheat in offensively and when to get ready to swing back on defense. Thought he had a couple really good defensive plays last period so I don't think it's a question of whether he can do it, just knowing when the situation calls for responsibility and when it calls for some risk taking.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHV and Doothpick

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
it's been very encouraging to see how confident Zellweger has looked out there going head to head with seasoned NHL veterans since he entered the league. He's gonna get better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad