Pre-Game Talk: Game 56: 2/19 | Monday Matinee | Bruins vs. Dallas Stars | 1pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I will be there! :)

747175-fa51a4b281bb2ce9809454574b8af7b4.data

by: Alicat

Marchand is being honored for his 1,000th game prior to puck drop.​

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
TD Garden has a new bag policy they just posted on social media. I can’t post it as I am mobile. There are medical and child exceptions.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
TD Garden has a new bag policy they just posted on social media. I can’t post it as I am mobile. There are medical and child exceptions.
To ensure safety and a swifter entry process, TD Garden strongly discourages guests from bringing bags to events. If a bag is necessary, the following restrictions and processes apply:

• No bags larger than 4in x 6in x 1.5in will be permitted into TD Garden.
  • All permitted bags are subject to visual or x-ray screening upon entry.
  • Backpacks and oversized bags are NOT permitted.
  • Guests with non-complying bags can store their items for a $15 fee at The Mobile Locker Company located on Legends Way. The Mobile Locker Company will be available for all events 2 hours prior to the event's start time and close 1.5 hours after the event concludes. Items must be retrieved from The Mobile Locker Company on the same day.
  • Medical and diaper bags that exceed 6”x4”x1.5”are permitted. All guests entering with medical or diaper bags are subject to x-ray screening upon entry.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Out of curiosity I looked at Seguin's stats and saw that he's played 955 career games and I'm sorry but that's not possible because he was just a rookie on the Bruins yesterday and I may or may not be aging exponentially :help:

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
To ensure safety and a swifter entry process, TD Garden strongly discourages guests from bringing bags to events. If a bag is necessary, the following restrictions and processes apply:

• No bags larger than 4in x 6in x 1.5in will be permitted into TD Garden.
  • All permitted bags are subject to visual or x-ray screening upon entry.
  • Backpacks and oversized bags are NOT permitted.
  • Guests with non-complying bags can store their items for a $15 fee at The Mobile Locker Company located on Legends Way. The Mobile Locker Company will be available for all events 2 hours prior to the event's start time and close 1.5 hours after the event concludes. Items must be retrieved from The Mobile Locker Company on the same day.
  • Medical and diaper bags that exceed 6”x4”x1.5”are permitted. All guests entering with medical or diaper bags are subject to x-ray screening upon entry.
They are probably getting a flood of complaints over how poorly this was communicated .....yesterday I saw a bunch of people ( many with kids) being told they had to check their bags before going in ...at a cost of $15. You could see most pepople had no idea of the change in bag requirements and had bags that would have been no problem under the prior process.

Delaware North may be a multi billion dollar company but the quality of its management would be challenged running a lemonade stand at the beach on a hot August day.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They are probably getting a flood of complaints over how poorly this was communicated .....yesterday I saw a bunch of people ( many with kids) being told they had to check their bags before going in ...at a cost of $15. You could see most pepople had no idea of the change in bag requirements and had bags that would have been no problem under the prior process.

Delaware North may be a multi billion dollar company but the quality of its management would be challenged running a lemonade stand at the beach on a hot August day.
One lady who comes by herself and walks with a cane (STH) was so pissed that she said she was giving up her tickets. Fans need to remember it is not the folks who work there who are at fault.

4 x 6 is too small

Reactions: caz16

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

No, no. I am sure the plan was to get every penny from the crowd. Maybe beer sales are down at matinees and they had to find a way to recoup some of that.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I like the Stars. One of the teams I watch the most apart from the Bruins. Pavelski, Hintz and Robertson are all very good, Duchene has done very well for them, Johnston is a real talent, even good ol' Seguin does a respectable enough job, he'll just never be worth his silly contract. Their D is solid and they play pretty hard. Put that all together and you have a very good hockey team.

They're definitely beatable though. The Bruins need to bring the same sort of intensity and effort we saw against the Kings, but with some better decision-making and finishing and less self-inflicted errors. Dallas are unlikely to give up a ton of chances, so make the ones you get count. Hoping for a positive end to this underwhelming home stand.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Most of today's phones won't fit in a 6" bag. My Fjallraven High Coast Pocket is over the 6" and my phone barely fits. I stuff in my phone, earbuds, lady things, earplugs, mini foldable shopping bag, cash and cards into it.
I’m going to have to find cargo pants and sew pockets inside my Pasta jersey:rolleyes:..the size restriction on bags is getting insane….and Yes it’s about the money, they need fewer security guards at entrances and are getting a cut of the $15.00 bag check fee.
I’m certain the new items in the Pro shop are below:sarcasm:
IMG_4071.jpeg

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I’m going to have to find cargo pants and sew pockets inside my Pasta jersey:rolleyes:..the size restriction on bags is getting insane….and Yes it’s about the money, they need fewer security guards at entrances and are getting a cut of the $15.00 bag check fee.
I’m certain the new items in the Pro shop are below:sarcasm:
View attachment 821965
Love it !!!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The garden is getting absolutely roasted online for their new bag policy and rightfully so.

All sporting venues need to adopt the NFL's bag policy and be done with it.

With a bag this size you can't even fit a normal size tampon or pad on top of your wallet, keys and in some cases, something like an epi pen.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't carry a bag when I go to a venue like TDGarden. If it doesn't fit in my coat or jeans pockets I don't bring it. Wallet, phone, car keys & that's it. I don't even carry my house keys when I get home I use the emergency key to let myself in.

Carrying a bag simply isn't worth the trouble IMO.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Out of curiosity I looked at Seguin's stats and saw that he's played 955 career games and I'm sorry but that's not possible because he was just a rookie on the Bruins yesterday and I may or may not be aging exponentially :help:
Weird that Marchy only has like under 50 games more that TS in the NHL.

Reactions: HustleB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I like the Stars. One of the teams I watch the most apart from the Bruins. Pavelski, Hintz and Robertson are all very good, Duchene has done very well for them, Johnston is a real talent, even good ol' Seguin does a respectable enough job, he'll just never be worth his silly contract. Their D is solid and they play pretty hard. Put that all together and you have a very good hockey team.

They're definitely beatable though. The Bruins need to bring the same sort of intensity and effort we saw against the Kings, but with some better decision-making and finishing and less self-inflicted errors. Dallas are unlikely to give up a ton of chances, so make the ones you get count. Hoping for a positive end to this underwhelming home stand.

Their top pair of Heiskanen on his off-side and Harley on the left are one of the league's top pairs without a doubt.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad