Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Trouba isn't incompetent. He's error prone. That's fixable at a personal and tactical level.

It's on him to exercise better judgement. His playing a greater role is not an automatic problem. He needs to step up and I'm sure they've communicated that to him.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Trouba isn't incompetent. He's error prone. That's fixable at a personal and tactical level.

It's on him to exercise better judgement. His playing a greater role is not an automatic problem. He needs to step up and I'm sure they've communicated that to him.
I don’t quite agree. his toolset is so limited that he’s constantly error prone. it’s one and the same with him. miller is the one who’s actually error prone that can be fixed.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

He’s too immobile. That’s by far the greatest issue imo. His first step is like he’s waist high in mud

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
100%
Brian Boyle was saying as such on todays episode of the podcast with Mollie & Brooks
Yea and also I believe that when the opposing team sees that he's been benched later in the game they breath easier and start taking liberties, they know he won't be coming out to do anything.

I also don't like how the staff told him not to fight anyone. Told him not to fight Wilson in the 1st round. Not to fight now. Stop the castration. Let him do his thing. If he wants to pummel DeAngelo let him.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You know what bothers me. The 4th line with Rempe in the lineup energizes the team by forechecking the heck out of the opposition. Rempe pins the puck against the wall, busts his ass all over the ice. The 4th line is effective at wasting the opponent's time and energy.

Then halfway through the 2nd period, Lav decides to bench Rempe and the 4th line becomes a complete non-factor.

I happen to really like Laviolette. But I can't agree with this decision. Shortening the bench like that in the playoffs with series going deep. Can't do that. Also, if a player is effective in the 1st period then he'd be effective in the 2nd and 3rd. Just play the kid and let the team roll along.
Because the 4th line sucks.

They haven't done what you're describing since early in the Washington series.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
we need a player to step up in every position this next game, to me that is Panarin, Fox, and Igor. if those 3 stars show up its over. I already expect Kreider to have a monster game, it's what he does. I'm more scrutinizing Panarin and Fox this next game.

Reactions: NikC

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

tense1983-tense.gif

Laviolette was just waiting for this. He must have been so excited to lose two games to have an excuse to put this pairing back in. God why are our coaches consistently so f***ing stupid. Confirmed I'm not going to watch this. I can't watch this team historically self destruct. They just can't get out of their own way. It must be our worst defenseman not playing in a top 4 role that got us in this position. Stupid f***ing idiot coach.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Yeah, I like Roslovic's speed but him running behind the net is getting old.

He's just letting Carolina catch up.
Unless they make a huge mistake and leave Mika wide open in the slot. Jack created that goal so he thinks Carolina will make a similar mistake and they haven't since

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad