Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
They would completely leave him alone and it becomes a 4 on 4. He has 2 NHL goals.
Even better. Leave a 6’8 forward in front of the net while he’s jamming the puck down the goalies throat. Mismanaged asset just like with kakko. For 3 years no one is teaching him how to play a power forwards game.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I don't know how anyone in their right mind (okay, maybe not the majority of us) thought that we would sweep this series. Not that we quite probably weren't capable of doing it, but more because we all have spent years following the New York Rangers 😂

To say this is not how we do things, well, I am sure I don't need to remind people that I think Lincoln was in power the last time we actually managed that sort of run through.

Absolutely massive game tomorrow night!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
They would completely leave him alone and it becomes a 4 on 4. He has 2 NHL goals.
Leave him alone or not having him in front of the net makes it not a 4 on 4, but that’s the kind of move only NCAA teams with no talent resort to on the man advantage.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Even better. Leave a 6’8 forward in front of the net while he’s jamming the puck down the goalies throat. Mismanaged asset just like with kakko. For 3 years no one is teaching him how to play a power forwards game.
You're hugely overrating his ability at this time.

He's an intriguing prospect but right now, he doesn't have the aptitude to play the game you're describing. He's a 4th liner.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know how anyone in their right mind (okay, maybe not the majority of us) thought that we would sweep this series. Not that we quite probably weren't capable of doing it, but more because we all have spent years following the New York Rangers 😂

To say this is not how we do things, well, I am sure I don't need to remind people that I think Lincoln was in power the last time we actually managed that sort of run through.

Absolutely massive game tomorrow night!
Although, in a vacuum, we probably should have.

We had the 3-0 lead and outplayed them in game 4.

Just goes to show you how razor-thin the margins are. This could have been over in 4 and I could easily see it going 7.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
We need this in the room right now. And here quite frankly. We got more somebodies than they got somebodies.
https://x.com/nyrfanatic/status/1790727830495457673?s=46&t=QUcCtS0WrUbUSXL4U-JD-A

Great line.

I just never subscribe to the "this team is going to wipe the floor with that team." The Bruins have pushed the Panthers to six games. The high-flying Avalanche have fallen 3-1 to Dallas, but never count anyone out. Games aren't played on paper, and the funny thing about humans is that we're unpredictable. Doing things on paper gets you most of the way. The rest depends on desire, will, and execution.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Forechecking hasn't really been a focus of our offense, nor should it be.

Getting into an in-zone battle with Carolina is stepping in an alligator's mouth.

We've prioritized the rush, as we should, right up until midway through game 5 when we started dumping the puck in. We saw how that went.
They started dumping in game 4. They NEVER retrieve it, yet keep trying.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The biggest mistake this team made this year was not giving Othmann enough games to get comfortable at this level. Nobody can tell me with a straight face we are better with Brodzinski than Othmann.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
In my mind it comes down to skating, rangers are the slowest remaining team in the playoffs by far, and obviously that is our kryptonite

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
The biggest mistake this team made this year was not giving Othmann enough games to get comfortable at this level. Nobody can tell me with a straight face we are better with Brodzinski than Othmann.
Defensively brodz is a lot more solid than Othmann.
Brodz plays more positions as well which is flexibility.

Othmann didn’t look great after his first game up. He got a cup of coffee, got instructions on what to improve on. We didn’t ruin his development by forcing him to play 4th line minutes…

And now people are calling that a mistake.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
I’m having trouble taking anything that Laviolette says seriously after seeing him in that suit he wore in game 5.
The only thing missing was an oversized yellow flower in his lapel that squirts water.
Messier's pink jacket and shirt combo from the other day was WAY worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad