Pre-Game Talk: GAME 31 - 12/22 | Electric Boots and Mohair Suits | Bruins @ Winnipeg Jets | 8pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The trip to Winnipeg is off to a rocky start as the charter had to fly from Bedford to Logan as Hanscom didn't have enough fuel available.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I've watched a few Jets games this year and I like the way their roster is built. They have a blend of talent and toughness. Certainly beatable, but may be a hard matchup and should make for an entertaining game. I think they are 8-0-3 against eastern conference teams this year if I'm not mistaken?

Go B's

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I've watched a few Jets games this year and I like the way their roster is built. They have a blend of talent and toughness. Certainly beatable, but may be a hard matchup and should make for an entertaining game. I think they are 8-0-3 against eastern conference teams this year if I'm not mistaken?

Go B's
the Jets have no weak spots and play a fast game with fantastic shooters, so it will be a test! Hope our goalie is ready, as he will be tested.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

Go B's
Yep, thanks to the heist they pulled in the PLD trade and some smart construction, they have a balanced and fairly deep forward group. Their D is not great but Bowness coaches them up well. (I like Morrisey very much and Pionk has his uses offensively. ) Weirdly, they are playing better without Kyle Conner.) Maybe They are pulling together, listening to their coach, and playing smarter because they do not have their best sniper.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yep, thanks to the heist they pulled in the PLD trade and some smart construction, they have a balanced and fairly deep forward group. Their D is not great but Bowness coaches them up well. (I like Morrisey very much and Pionk has his uses offensively. ) Weirdly, they are playing better without Kyle Conner.) Maybe They are pulling together, listening to their coach, and playing smarter because they do not have their best sniper.

But its a veteran group with an excellent netminder behind them. Have to work for your goals against this group.

As usual, Kyle Connor is a minus players. Currently worst on the team at -4. Also a team worst 3 hits in 26 games.

"You know, I read it in a magazine..."

But they're so spaced out.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
But its a veteran group with an excellent netminder behind them. Have to work for your goals against this group.

As usual, Kyle Connor is a minus players. Currently worst on the team at -4. Also a team worst 3 hits in 26 games.

But they're so spaced out.

Connor's plus/minus, while not irrelevant, really wouldn't bother me as a Jets fan. Not everyone is going to or needs to be a fully-rounded, defensively responsible player. If a guy goes out and produces consistently, then as long as they're not lazy or committing too many outright blunders, they've still got a lot of value in my eyes. And Connor has been almost a PPG player pretty much his entire career and has never struck me as having a poor attitude or anything like that. Not to dig up old arguments, but I'd happily have him in Boston. Raw offensive talent isn't that common, and the Bruins could use more of it.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Connor's plus/minus, while not irrelevant, really wouldn't bother me as a Jets fan. Not everyone is going to or needs to be a fully-rounded, defensively responsible player. If a guy goes out and produces consistently, then as long as they're not lazy or committing too many outright blunders, they've still got a lot of value in my eyes. And Connor has been almost a PPG player pretty much his entire career and has never struck me as having a poor attitude or anything like that. Not to dig up old arguments, but I'd happily have him in Boston. Raw offensive talent isn't that common, and the Bruins could use more of it.

A pure goal scorer, no doubt about that.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He’s the worst defensive forward in the league.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad