Pre-Game Talk: GAME 25 - December 7 | It's Been 84 Years.. | Bruins vs. Buffalo Sabres | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I want Swayman by the door as the official Backup and Tuukka in the hall playing drums during the game as the EBuG

Make this happen.

Sorry to spoil the party but Tuukka can't be an EBUG because he played in the NHL.

iu

Gif of sad balloon that HFBoards will not show for some reason.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Didn't Essensa dress as an EBUG before?
It's amazingly hard to get info on EBUG, but from what I've seen/heard, since an EBUG who plays has to sign an Amateur Tryout contract on the fly, it precludes former pros since they can't sign one. I'm pretty sure this is a fairly recent (2017-ish) change to the prior rule, when Essensa, Talas, et al used to do it.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's amazingly hard to get info on EBUG, but from what I've seen/heard, since an EBUG who plays has to sign an Amateur Tryout contract on the fly, it precludes former pros since they can't sign one. I'm pretty sure this is a fairly recent (2017-ish) change to the prior rule, when Essensa, Talas, et al used to do it.

Emergency backup goaltenders aren't on full NHL contracts, so they're not subject to the league's minimum salary, which works out to be just over $4,000 per day.

Instead, the goaltenders sign one of two types of tryout contracts, the first of which is a professional tryout contract. Players on PTOs are permitted to be paid just $500, per the CBA:

A player signed to a PTO pursuant to this section will be paid US $500 per game and will be allowed to keep his game-worn jersey. This amount will not be included in calculating a club's Actual Club Salary and Averaged Club Salary, and the Players' Share.

Ayres signed an amateur tryout contract when he played for the Hurricanes, which do not allow a player to be paid a salary or receive any bonuses. They just get to keep their jersey.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Thanks. Haven’t heard anything though
That site is basing their projected lineup on yesterday's skate in which Marchand was absent due to attending the services for his late grandmother. Heinen practiced in 63's spot.

I'd guess that one of Lauko, Beecher, or Steen sits tonight - unless someone else is sick/injured.

I haven't seen anyone post any lines from this morning's skate.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

“The Bruins recalling Lohrei on an emergency basis hints that Ian Mitchell would get first crack at playing while Forbort remains on long-term injured reserve, and Lohrei would fill in when necessary.”

This writer suggests an emergency recall implies that Mitchell is likely ahead of Lohrei on the depth chart at this time. I think he is just blatantly wrong. Am I missing something?

According to cap friendly, Mitchell is the emergency loan status, not Lohrei.

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad