G Sebastian Cossa - Grand Rapids Griffins, AHL (2021, 15th, DET)

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
After last night, Cossa is 21-8-9 with a .914 save percentage and 2.41 GAA, which compares very favorably to Wallstedt and Askarov in the AHL this year.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
After last night, Cossa is 21-8-9 with a .914 save percentage and 2.41 GAA, which compares very favorably to Wallstedt and Askarov in the AHL this year.

Since the start of 2024, here is a little statistical comparison of the top 6 goalie prospects in the AHL this year.

1713453022613.png

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Vasilevsky at 20 already in NHL under the same GM Cossa will be 22 next season. He should be between AHl and NHL next season

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
Regardless, Cossa deserves cup of coffee with Red Wings next season
Red Wings prospects don't get cups of coffee. and if they do it has a sippy lid on it. Don't ever believe the line. Players can earn roster spots at training camp. We learned that is a lie. I wish Yzerman would stop saying that. I believe in Yzerman by the way.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
So is this guy getting NHL games next year?
As the roster stands he probably get injury fill-in work. Detroit still has Husso and Lyon under contract so unless they trade one I doubt Cossa gets a full-time roster spot next season. They probably want to see him replicate his later season success over a full year next season and promote him after that.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Vasilevsky at 20 already in NHL under the same GM Cossa will be 22 next season. He should be between AHl and NHL next season
that really means nothing when talking about a career....Cossa in the long run could to out better, just as good or maybe not turn out at all...each person develops at a different pace but it does not effect the final results....a lot of teams rush prospects and ruin them, nice to see teams that take their time.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Admirals fan here. Not going to pretend that I know what I am talking about as far as evaluating goaltending but he was really impressive this series. There cannot be many goaltending prospects above him. The movement skills on that frame are just something you don't see very often.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Admirals fan here. Not going to pretend that I know what I am talking about as far as evaluating goaltending but he was really impressive this series. There cannot be many goaltending prospects above him. The movement skills on that frame are just something you don't see very often.
so true . he makes some amazing very quick lateral movement pad saves that few could replicate

Reactions: WiscoJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad