Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vatrano has been playing like I had hoped as of late. He has 7 points in his last 5 games, including 5 goals. On pace to tie his career season in points. Keep it up Frankie.

If our PP wasn‘t dog poo, he’d likely be on pace to break production numbers. Fix the damn PP!!!! Lol.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Vatarano Splits.PNG

Scratch him at home and exclusively play him on the road.

Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_1.26.32_PM.jpg

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Projecting at around a 40 point season in the first year on a new team while being shifted all over the lineup is pretty good.

Would like to see him and McTavish work on generating some chemistry.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sell "high"

He’s doing what he was brought In to do. Helping our kids and putting up numbers he has in the past and on a bad Ducks team. I’d like to keep him around as we get more forwards in the system making the NHL within the next 2 years.

It’s like with Rico, we can’t sell off all our vets. We need some depth to help the kids perform better. With that said really need to fix the D. Lol

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
He’s doing what he was brought In to do. Helping our kids and putting up numbers he has in the past and on a bad Ducks team. I’d like to keep him around as we get more forwards in the system making the NHL within the next 2 years.

It’s like with Rico, we can’t sell off all our vets. We need some depth to help the kids perform better. With that said really need to fix the D. Lol
Yeah, at a certain point you have to ice a team. You can't just trade everyone who is having a decent season, especially if they were just brought in.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

I'd try to get value from of all the players we signed this off season to be honest. Vatrano, Strome and Klingberg do nothing for me and we signed them for too long. (I don't mean this year but next year I'd see what's out there)

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'd try to get value from of all the players we signed this off season to be honest. Vatrano, Strome and Klingberg do nothing for me and we signed them for too long. (I don't mean this year but next year I'd see what's out there)
Who do you see us targeting to fill those holes?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Klingberg we knew was gonna be a one and done, Vatrano is starting to come around after a slow start. Want more from Strome. He hasn’t been horrible but there is much more to desire from him.

Vatrano is not great defensively but has used his speed to get in on the play and like his chirpiness . Should be able to pot over 20 goals if the Ducks can fix their putrid PP.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Klingberg we knew was gonna be a one and done, Vatrano is starting to come around after a slow start. Want more from Strome. He hasn’t been horrible but there is much more to desire from him.

Vatrano is not great defensively but has used his speed to get in on the play and like his chirpiness . Should be able to pot over 20 goals if the Ducks can fix their putrid PP.
Vatrano is basically Milano replacement with worst creativity and pesty (although he is a midget). He's a better goal scorer of course but he turns the puck over... and over... and over.... He also sucks defensively just like Milano. If we are going to have a "chippy" player I prefer someone that's not the same size as me when I was 16. He annoys people and I like that but he doesn't do anything with it. If both Strome and Vatrano were traded for something useful tomorrow I doubt anyone would be heartbroken.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah I don't see any real reason to compare the two aside from the fact that they're wingers...
Because he was his replacement? Vatrano was Milanos replacement, Strome was Getzlafs replacement and Klingberg was Lindolms replacement (lmfao)

On this Ducks team they are/were similar impact players. Vatrano is definitely the better player but I also think he is a player that needs good linemates/be on a good team. He has a good shot, is fast and is a pest but pretty much sucks at everything else. He turns the puck over way too much. They are both quick strike players that turn the puck over way too much and aren't good enough scorers to play like that. I think Vatrano definitely is the better player and would look much better on a better team (which he has shown in the past)

1675975970937.png

1675976007667.png

Last edited:

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Because he was his replacement? Vatrano was Milanos replacement, Strome was Getzlafs replacement and Klingberg was Lindolms replacement (lmfao)

On this Ducks team they are/were similar impact players. Vatrano is definitely the better player but I also think he is a player that needs good linemates/be on a good team. He has a good shot, is fast and is a pest but pretty much sucks at everything else. He turns the puck over way too much. They are both quick strike players that turn the puck over way too much and aren't good enough scorers to play like that. I think Vatrano definitely is the better player and would look much better on a better team (which he has shown in the past)

View attachment 647678
View attachment 647680
I don't agree that GM's look for 1 for 1 replacements with every single player. That's a pretty rigid approach that can easily backfire.

I think the more common approach is trying to fill voids by committee. Obvious example with Getzlaf leaving was the need for character. Both Strome and Vatrano were mentioned by Verbeek as attractive pieces because of their character.

You can try to analyze it 1 for 1, but I think that leaves out a lot of the bigger picture.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

View attachment 647678
View attachment 647680
Verbeek said he wanted to bring in Veterans who could teach the team how to hard to play against. Milan’s mother wouldn’t say that about him. Vatrano plays on the PK routinely, Milano has exactly 1 career second of PK time.

Vatrano is the type of player Verbeek wants for this stage of the rebuild, it makes no sense to trade him for a 3rd in the hopes he can then sign another UFA, who will see just how little Verbeek respects/values the UFA’s he signs.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Verbeek said he wanted to bring in Veterans who could teach the team how to hard to play against. Milan’s mother wouldn’t say that about him. Vatrano plays on the PK routinely, Milano has exactly 1 career second of PK time.

Vatrano is the type of player Verbeek wants for this stage of the rebuild, it makes no sense to trade him for a 3rd in the hopes he can then sign another UFA, who will see just how little Verbeek respects/values the UFA’s he signs.

Like I said before, Vatrano is doing what he was brought in for and he is doing it very well. I still think he is a better all around player than Milano.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

I wouldn't want a 3rd round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad