First Goal of the Game 2023/24

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Here we go again! Hockey is back in just afew days and so is our annual FGOTG competition! Anyone uncertain with the rules or the game itself please read below for instructions. The game is played for the duration of the season and since it is played for sport and fun, the winner receives bragging rights and nuthin' else. Have fun!!

The purpose of this game is simple: Guess the scorer of the Islanders first goal in every game throughout the season

You get to name one regular scorer and one darkhorse candidate scorer, or a shutout. Also, name if the goal was scored in even strength, on the powerplay or on the penalty kill for an additional point. Shutout is not an option for darkhorse, nor is having the same player both as regular and darkhorse scorer.

Extra point: If your chosen darkhorse scores the first goal, then your regular scorer becomes available for the second goal of the game for a maximum of 2 additional points (scorer + correct play). Thus, the maximum number of points in one game is 8.

If you accidentally post twice, only your first post counts. As games are coming thick and fast, please mention which game it is you are posting for to avoid misunderstandings.

Scores are as follows:
Regular scorer: 1 point
Darkhorse scorer: 3 points
Correct play (ES, PP or PK): 1 point. Shorthanded 3 points
Shutout: 5 points

Players ineligible for darkhorse are:
Nelson, Barzal, Horvat, Palmieri

Players eligible or ineligible for darkhorse are subject to change throughout the season allowing for trades, injuries, loss/gain of form. Changes will only be made after consulting the participants and always check the OP for correct list of ineligibles.

I'll do my best to update scores throughout the season, but I appreciate any help others can provide (it's really only cut and paste ;)). All choices must be in before the first drop of the puck.

Best of luck to you all and have fun!!

Mods: can we have a sticky please??

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Ineligible:
Bailey Pruitt
Dean Youngblood
Doug Dorsey
Any Mighty Duck
The Hansons
Happy Gilmore
Doug Glatt

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Here we go again! Hockey is back in just afew days and so is our annual FGOTG competition! Anyone uncertain with the rules or the game itself please read below for instructions. The game is played for the duration of the season and since it is played for sport and fun, the winner receives bragging rights and nuthin' else. Have fun!!

The purpose of this game is simple: Guess the scorer of the Islanders first goal in every game throughout the season

You get to name one regular scorer and one darkhorse candidate scorer, or a shutout. Also, name if the goal was scored in even strength, on the powerplay or on the penalty kill for an additional point. Shutout is not an option for darkhorse, nor is having the same player both as regular and darkhorse scorer.

Extra point: If your chosen darkhorse scores the first goal, then your regular scorer becomes available for the second goal of the game for a maximum of 2 additional points (scorer + correct play). Thus, the maximum number of points in one game is 8.

If you accidentally post twice, only your first post counts. As games are coming thick and fast, please mention which game it is you are posting for to avoid misunderstandings.

Scores are as follows:
Regular scorer: 1 point
Darkhorse scorer: 3 points
Correct play (ES, PP or PK): 1 point. Shorthanded 3 points
Shutout: 5 points

Players ineligible for darkhorse are:
Lee, Nelson, Barzal, Horvat, Dobson

Players eligible or ineligible for darkhorse are subject to change throughout the season allowing for trades, injuries, loss/gain of form. Changes will only be made after consulting the participants and always check the OP for correct list of ineligibles.

I'll do my best to update scores throughout the season, but I appreciate any help others can provide (it's really only cut and paste ;)). All choices must be in before the first drop of the puck.

Best of luck to you all and have fun!!

Mods: can we have a sticky please??

Sticky'ed.

Good luck to the participants and thank you for running this every year!

Reactions: IslesNbeer and TMI

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Welcoming in the '23/'24 season. Lets gitter goin.

Sabre's

GS: Palmieri [ES]
DH: Engval [ES]

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Thanks @IslesNorway for hosting and send a few golf tips my way from Viktor Hovland.

Now I’m off to the dungeon to review the numerous Isles highlights from the preseason so I can make an informed decision for the opening game…..

Ok I’m finished. Picks to follow.

Tuckisles

Oct 21, 2005
Thank you for running this, it's a lot of work and you do a great job. I'm going 82 for 82 this year!
Sabres
Barzal PP
Engvall ES

Reactions: redbull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad