GDT: FIN vs. AUT May 16, 2024

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Why would you challenge that? It was obviously the right call
I'm confused on how this rule works. The current rulebook says this:

69.1. INTERFERENCE ON THE GOALKEEPER This rule is based on the premise that an attacking Player’s position, whether inside or outside the Goal Crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking Players are standing in the Goal Crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if:
I) an attacking Player, either by their positioning or by a "relevant contact”, impairs the Goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within their Goal Crease or defend their goal; or
(II) an attacking Player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a Goalkeeper, inside or outside of their Goal Crease.

Maybe I missed the entire replay, but has the attacking player impaired the goalie? I did not see a contact.

Reactions: Summer Rose

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Pretty soft goalie interference, yeah his skate was in the crease, but it didn’t impair Säteri one bit.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I'm confused on how this rule works. The current rulebook says this:

69.1. INTERFERENCE ON THE GOALKEEPER This rule is based on the premise that an attacking Player’s position, whether inside or outside the Goal Crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking Players are standing in the Goal Crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if:
I) an attacking Player, either by their positioning or by a "relevant contact”, impairs the Goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within their Goal Crease or defend their goal; or
(II) an attacking Player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a Goalkeeper, inside or outside of their Goal Crease.

Maybe I missed the entire replay, but has the attacking player impaired the goalie? I did not see a contact.
That's the key bit here, the goalie couldn't move forward to cut the shooting angle. Whoever made the call to challenge has to know that.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
That's the key bit here, the goalie couldn't move forward to cut the shooting angle. Whoever made the call to challenge has to know that.
Alright , I may understsand that angle, but even in this case this was borderline debatable. The goalie didn't seem to have tried moving forward, I saw just side to side movements, otherwise he'd have contact with the attacking player. Anyway, it is what it is, this rule has been called inconsistently this tournament and that's why we see teams challenging it, so I am not even surprised. Just look at the German goal that stood in game vs Slovakia

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
”goals scored while attacking Players are standing in the Goal Crease may, in
appropriate circumstances be allowed”

Säteri never even made a attempt to move forward, despite there being space between him and Austria player. Thus i don’t see how his movement was impaired in anyway.

If we go with your definition of impairing, goals with player in the crease should all be waved off automatically.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Scandalous reffing. Good goal Kapanen.

Austria will now win. Deserved perhaps but that call was nothing but BS and you know that.

• Haha
Reactions: OKR and Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad