Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
watch the Allvin/Tocchet interviews after the trade, iirc they both mentioned starting Lindholm off with a line on Petey.

I think that was what management envisioned when they acquired Lindholm.
they can still make that happen if van makes to 2nd round. then put bluegar garland joshua against whoever theyre facing

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
he plays a good 200ft game but ....he really shines between the opponents hash marks and his own Blue line.
just watch him and focus on where he places his stick and his body positioning.
Once you start to see it , you cant unsee it. He's always blocking lanes and knocking pucks down.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Would be so good to have this kind of depth down the middle but i just don't see how you manage the contract.

We cant be the one's giving Lindholm a legacy deal.

Would certainly pay the top of the market for a 2-3 yr deal but after that it's gonna be gross i would guess for team like us who have so many more important players to pay and at better ages

Reactions: MarkMM

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I suspect if the Canucks are serious about bringing back Lindholm, they will probably have to out-bid the Bruins who apparently were all in on him at the TDL.

Of course it wouldn't be the first time they've lost out to the Bruins (sic). Allvin has more impending UFA's that almost any team in the league. Some tough decisions lie ahead.

Freakshow

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island
I suspect if the Canucks are serious about bringing back Lindholm, they will probably have to out-bid the Bruins who apparently were all in on him at the TDL.

Of course it wouldn't be the first time they've lost out to the Bruins (sic). Allvin has more impending UFA's that almost any team in the league. Some tough decisions lie ahead.
I don't think they should, or will bring him back. Not because of his performance, but because they don't need another top six center, they need a top six winger for Pettersson. Having to play with Mikhayev, and to a lesser degree Hoglander, is not fair to him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't think they should, or will bring him back. Not because of his performance, but because they don't need another top six center, they need a top six winger for Pettersson. Having to play with Mikhayev, and to a lesser degree Hoglander, is not fair to him.
Pettersson is a fixture on the first unit PP, and isn't scoring there either. And ever so often Tocchet re-unites the Lotto Line of Pettersson, Boeser and Miller, yet still nothing.

Right now it's a lot more than who his wingers are.

Reactions: B-rock and Hodgy

Freakshow

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island
Pettersson is a fixture on the first unit PP, and isn't scoring there either. And ever so often Tocchet re-unites the Lotto Line of Pettersson, Boeser and Miller, yet still nothing.

Right now it's a lot more than who his wingers are.
Sure, he had a tough couple months, but you need to look at his whole year, not cherry pick 20 games where he didn't produce. When he played with Miller and Boeser they produced. He still had 89 points and had two bad months, the kid is an exceptional player. He needs wingers.

Reactions: vanuck

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets. He really does look more like a 2C than anything else these days. Outside of two outlier seasons, 2021-22 and 2018-19. He's going to be 30 and carries some risk after struggling in Calgary and having a rough start in Vancouver.

He's a right-shot top-six centre, though, so someone will probably give him a dumb contract.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets. He really does look more like a 2C than anything else these days. Outside of two outlier seasons, 2021-22 and 2018-19. He's going to be 30 and carries some risk after struggling in Calgary and having a rough start in Vancouver.

He's a right-shot top-six centre, though, so someone will probably give him a dumb contract.
I think someone could give him 7x7 with the rising cap. I think 6x6 would be fair (not necessarily what the Canucks should do); personally I’d only do like $5 mill x 6 years.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I think someone could give him 7x7 with the rising cap. I think 6x6 would be fair (not necessarily what the Canucks should do); personally I’d only do like $5 mill x 6 years.
yeah, i think the chances of that happening are basically zero. His camp is going to be looking for Horvat money/term. Unless we think that, collectively, NHL GM's are suddenly going to be shrewd capital allocators, he's going to get close to what he's looking for. I hold out some hope that his ask is too high and he's left holding his dick after the initial frenzy subsides. If his camp is too stubborn to adjust the ask, maybe, just maybe he Klingberg's himself.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lindholm is just built for playoff hockey. He's an offensive threat; a demon in the faceoff dot; and about as responsible a center in his own zone as the Canucks have right now.

I know the critics came out in full force when he got off to a slow start; and they were crowing in Calgary that they'd fleeced the Canucks. The guy they got--Kuzmenko--had actually outscored him, and then there were the picks and prospects on top of that.

But Allvin and Rutherford knew exactly what they were getting.....and that it wouldn't be until the playoffs that the trade could seriously be evaluated.

But then that was their track record in Pittsburgh. The guys they acquired always seemed to be able to make an immediate contribution, surrounded by guys like Crosby, Malkin and Letang.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Lindholm is just built or playoff hockey. He's an offensive threat; a demon in the faceoff dot; and about as responsible a center in his own zone as the Canucks have right now.

I know the critics came out in full force when he got off to a slow start; and they were crowing in Calgary that they'd fleeced the Canucks. The guy they got--Kuzmenko--had actually outscored him, and then there were the picks and prospects on top of that.

But Allvin and Rutherford knew exactly what they were getting.....and that it wouldn't be until the playoffs that the trade could seriously be evaluated.

But then that was their track record in Pittsburgh. The guys they acquired always seemed to be able to make an immediate contribution, surrounded by guys like Crosby, Malkin and Letang.
Really? He's not even 50% in the playoffs, which has led to his line giving up (way) more shots and chances than they're creating. He's absolutely looked more engaged than he did during the regular season, but I (still) think you could put Blueger back on that line and there wouldn't be a measurable impact.

JT Miller, OTOH, is absolutely built for the playoffs. He's a unicorn. no other player in the game today brings the same package of skill and physicality. His line is the reason we're still alive.

Reactions: B-rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad