GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Can we chip it off the glass? Their defense is just pushing up the wall. If they want to be uber aggressive, stop just rolling it up bump plate.

Need to force their defense to back up. Even the high flip out. Force them to turn and get it.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
That’s not what I said. I said the power play is cold and they need to generate 5v5 offense.
Yeah they do need to but the PP needs more chances. Canes are a better 5v5 team and as much as I'd like to outplay them that way, the PP is the easier path. If the PP stays dry, we aren't winning anything regardless.

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
It may be that I’m just ridiculously stoned at the moment on edibles and flower… but I’m at peace with this. Either we advance and find the balls to win or we are going to have a monumental collapse and Drury is going to be moving some core players this summer and maybe see some real changes happen.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Kakko expected Lindgren and Fox to get the puck and chip it to him. He hugged the wall, doesn't mark Necas. Lindgren loses his battle, Fox follows the guy behind the net and loses his battle.

Seeing it again Igor swiped at the puck when the Canes dumped it in. If he had caught that one it never would have bounced to Lindy awkwardly. It became a 3 on 2 down low once Lindy hot potatoed the puck. Wennberg should have dropped down to cover but they were all ready to head up the ice.

That's three "shoulds" on Igor, Lindy and Wennberg and Kakko was a bit flatfooted on the Lindy "pass" too.

Oh well goals rarely happen in the NHL without somebody making a mistake.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Studio broke down that goal. Every player on the ice screwed up. Complete breakdown. Lindgren getting knocked out of play by Neces, Kakko standing in circle when he should have been on the wall for that wrap. Fox chasing behind net. Other 2 forwards standing with their thumbs you know where, watching 2 Canes alone in front. And Igor for not glovng that. Why does he hate freezing the puck? This isn't September. Can't have compound mistakes by everyone on the ice.

Reactions: HANK30 and Atax

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
So the big problem is that the Rangers can’t operate in traffic. They need space to be creative and they are getting none and the refs are swallowing the whistles in relation to all the contact being inflicted.
That is the finesse style of this team that can't and refuse to adjust

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Hank is one of the best goalies of all time and probably would be considered even higher if the teams in front of him didn't blow ass.

Igor is an average, slightly above average goalie. But that's what most teams have these days and good ones overcome it.

There's zero urgency to this team's game.
You honestly believe this? Wild broski

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The horses on the 1st line look broken or tired at worst. We need some kind of spark. It looks like both Zibs & Kreider are laboring a bit.

Panarin's line came to play, although I'd like to see more out of Laf. Don't mess with them.
All fair points but Zibanejad has 13 points in 9 games.

Kakko has 13 points in his life.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Listen I know we’re down 1-0 but we outplayed that team. I don’t know what the shot counter was doing but we had more than 4 shots.

Reactions: Siddi

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Studio broke down that goal. Every player on the ice screwed up. Complete breakdown. Lindgren getting knocked out of play by Neces, Kakko standing in circle when he should have been on the wall for that wrap. Fox chasing behind net. Other 2 forwards standing with their thumbs you know where, watching 2 Canes alone in front. And Igor for not glovng that. Why does he hate freezing the puck? This isn't September. Can't have compound mistakes by everyone on the ice.
Its been a problem all season.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
So the big problem is that the Rangers can’t operate in traffic. They need space to be creative and they are getting none and the refs are swallowing the whistles in relation to all the contact being inflicted.
Scratch the only player that physically intimidates the opposition and the opposition will run all over them.

Reactions: turcotte8

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Trouba had like a million opportunities on O that period, they’re just leaving him open. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad