GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
The only times I’ve seen Trouba out have been when the pp is about to end and it’s 2d.
Not sure about that. Last game he got just as much pp time as Fox/Gus albeit I know there wasn't much pp time to go around.
Game 3 he got 2 and half minutes to Gus' 3 minutes. Way too much time.
He should be getting zero time on the pp.

Trouba out for a minute on a power play in game 3
Trouba out for a minute on a power play in game 4
Trouba out for a minute on a power play in game 5
Trouba out for 43 seconds and an offensive zone faceoff on a power play in game 2

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Depending on your goalie to get 40 saves every game is a tough way to win.

If the Rangers are in front going to the 3rd or in the 3rd and they turtle again, it's the coaching staff's fault.

If Fox was normal Fox, the Rangers would already be preparing for the next round. Sorry @Machinehead, but he is hurt. You don't have to be a doctor to see that.
I don't take issue with the notion that he's nursing something. Obviously he is.

I think to say he needs surgery and we have no hope is a bit speculative.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I simply cannot stand when Kreider amongst others just tosses the puck back to ther Canes at the slightest bit of danger. Others do it as well, but I've seen Kreids do that more than once, when all he has to do is hold onto the puck for a little more than a second and collect himself while looking for a teammate breaking out. I pay attention to shit like that. Don't give it away unnecessarily.
Larrybiv speaks for me

Yeah, thats when you know the Rangers are out of it. They punt it back too easily. On changes, on forced plays. It starts with the veterans and it becomes contagious with the rest of the team.

Even if you reverse it to your D and rag it for a few seconds to regroup, its better than just handing back over to them without a purpose. We saw a ton of that in Game 5, especially in the 3rd.

A lot of it has to do with support and skating too. When they are tighter they have outlets instead of low percentage passes or just going off the wall and hoping someone skates into it. The standing around watching isnt going to fly. Support the puck carrier in all zones.

The other thing that has driven me nuts this series is not getting pucks out of the zone when they are hemmed in. Especially against the Guentzal line. They have these extended shifts that not only result in chances but it tires out the Rangers D. Thats when you WANT to punt. If theres a chance to clear it, CLEAR IT. f*** it. Take the icing if you have to to slow down the momentum, the crowd, the taxing of the shift. This team is very good on faceoffs for once in a million years so you can take that chance with a little more confidence.
HockeyBasedNYC also speaks for me.

Reactions: CLW

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
We don't have a functioning PP2 unit. Gus and Laf are the only players that really belong on that unit. Having Jones in the lineup would give you another puck handler on the blue line, but we have no triggerman. No one who is truly a threat that demands attention. So the canes can play their smothering, high-pressure PK style and we get nothing going. Maybe Othmann can be that guy, if he ever makes the big show.

From a practical perspective, I think you need to leave PP1 out there the whole time.
They don’t need a trigger man, just 5 players out there who know what the black rubber cylinder is for. A unit with Laf/kakko/ros/gus are very capable of cycling and scoring without Trouba especially if they get rid of wennberg too

Reactions: Captain Lindy

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Hit ‘em where it hurts!!!
IMG_2154.png

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Stuck in the Newark airport with a delay. Heading to Canes country ironically. Deep to Charleston though.

Watching a win from up in the air would be dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad