GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
3 things in our favor: Panarin and Trocheck are due, Panarin only went pointless for 3 games 1 time this season. Carolinas PP still sucks, its 1 for 20 and also allowed 2 shorthanded goals. And Andersen has performed lousy in the past in game 7s if it ever gets to that (0-4).

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
IMG_0907.jpeg
Delivering to Da Angelo pizza in Williston Park. I might “accidentally” forget to give them a case.

LGR

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It’ll never happen, but the coaching staff shouldn’t hesitate to shake up PP1 if they go out there and lay eggs the way they were in game 5.

Two years in a row of that group crumbling when they’re needed and the corpse of Patrick Kane isn’t around to blame anymore.
We're very limited as far as what else we can do. Put Laf on it. That's about it.

Our talent is very top heavy and PP2 is one of the worst units in the league.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We're very limited as far as what else we can do. Put Laf on it. That's about it.

Our talent is very top heavy and PP2 is one of the worst units in the league.
I certainly know why that is the case. When you have a guy that shouldn't even be sniffing the pp trying to set up the 2nd unit. Coaches for some reason still keep putting him out there to run the 2nd unit.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I certainly know why that is the case. When you have a guy that shouldn't even be sniffing the pp trying to set up the 2nd unit. Coaches for some reason still keep putting him out there to run the 2nd unit.
Hasn’t Gus mostly been the pp2 guy for the majority of the season?

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah that's fair.

But it also includes:

-Chytil? Might not even play.
-Kakko who sucks at offense.
-Wennberg who scores like 6 goals a year.
-Roslovic I guess?

Our talent is very limited outside of the guys you see on PP1. It's one of the major issues with our roster.

mti79

May 11, 2007
My playoff beard has started to cross into “guy living in a log cabin who died of typhus in 1871” territory.

Win this round and I think I can look like a Chechen separatist by the end of the ECF.
Awesome. Mine is starting to look like a 15 year old kid who hasn't shaved in like 5 days and inexplicably has gray hair throughout it.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Richards

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah that's fair.

But it also includes:

-Chytil? Might not even play.
-Kakko who sucks at offense.
-Wennberg who scores like 6 goals a year.
-Roslovic I guess?

Our talent is very limited outside of the guys you see on PP1. It's one of the major issues with our roster.
We’re top heavy, so are like all the remaining teams in the playoffs.
The exception is Dallas, but Dallas also doesn’t have the true high end talent most other teams do.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We’re top heavy, so are like all the remaining teams in the playoffs.
The exception is Dallas, but Dallas also doesn’t have the true high end talent most other teams do.
I don’t know, Johnson has turned into a star over night

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I'd be lying if I said I was confident about tonight. Not feeling good about this one.

Good news is I didn't feel good heading into Game 3 either and they ended up winning that one. Hoping for the same thing to happen tonight.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hasn’t Gus mostly been the pp2 guy for the majority of the season?
Yeah I believe so but unless my eyes are deceiving me I've seen Trouba out there way too much on the 2nd unit these playoffs. Seems like both Gus and Trouba have been out there with the 2nd unit. There is zero reason Trouba should be on any pp especially one that is fighting to make it to the final four of the Stanley cup playoffs.

Reactions: CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad