GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I’ve been a real grumpy Gus today. The stress is getting to me…

Need a monster game from Igor and a collective emphasis on Defense.

Hopefully the stripes don’t suck again

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Dress 7 D and leave Rempe in the press box .I could post two pages of stuff but nobody wants to hear it at this stage .

I can tell you all right now......Gallant is having a great laugh over Panarin's play of late .

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Dress 7 D and leave Rempe in the press box .I could post two pages of stuff but nobody wants to hear it at this stage .

I can tell you all right now......Gallant is having a great laugh over Panarin's play of late .

Sure. But this team does have enough talent to win playoff games even with Panarin not contributing at even strength.

What we need, frankly, is more from Adam Fox and Jacob Trouba.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Well, he shouldn't be.

Panarin was a better player for every other coach he's had since leaving Chicago.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Here's a good omen.

RangersMay.png

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
These are the games where legacies are born. Every single Cup run needs these games to galvanize the team.

Mark Messier. The Guarantee, Game 6 vs. NJ in 1994. Drops a hat trick with his team on the ropes down 3-2 going into a very hostile environment.

Henrik Lundqvist. Game 7 vs. Pittsburgh in 2014. Stands on his head and steals the game and series for the Rangers after being down 3-1.

The Kid line against Carolina in 2022 for the whole series. They created mismatches all series and ultimately the Rangera dealt the KO punch on their home ice.

Who is going to step up tonight and answer the bell? It has to be the leaders on this team that set the example and take it upon themselves to shut the f***ing door and take the next step.

5-2 Rangers. Igor stops 40+ pucks. Panarin with a three point night. Kreider and Zibanejad with 1+1.

Let's f***ing go.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wild stats I saw on Twitter:
Zac Jones is top 5 in takeaways/60
2nd in NHL in takeaway/giveaway ratio
Top 10 entry denial %

He's done enough to be kept around by the organization and I think he'll be in the starting 6 full time beginning next season.

For now? He's gonna be rusty as all get out and the Carolina crowd is gonna be rockin. If you're going to put him in his first NHL playoff game it had better be one of 7, not one of 6.

Did anyone else forget Chad Ruhwedel was on the roster? I sure did.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
This is the first real adversity we've faced this post-season, and there is no earthly way of knowing what Rangers team is going to show up tonight.

I think, gun to my head, I'd take a tie game going into the 3rd, rather than play out the entire game. But it's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad