GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
On one hand, the Rangers always seem to find a way to win this season. I always believed that they had this intangible factor that analytics could not measure. On the other hand, we've seen this movie before from this core. I'm hoping Lavy is the difference this time.

I guess the thing that has me pissed is the lack of urgency and some of the post-game comments. I've always hated losing more than anything. We're all motivated differently, but that hatred for losing is what made me give 100% effort all of the time.

I don't get how our stars disappear at times and casually skate around in a playoff game. I even see guys like Wennberg casually floating out there to get a loose puck or coming back to our zone. How the hell can someone like Wennberg feel so comfortable to not give it his all on every shift in a playoff game?

Maybe they lack a killer instinct or maybe they just got too comfortable being up 3-0. There is no more time to screw around. They better bring max effort tonight.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I dreamt of a 4-1 win, and its likely with 2 empty netters.

Keep it tight, but be on the attack. Keep your FEET MOVING and draw some PPs. Convert on the PP. Stay out of the box.

Smart plays with the puck, dont chase the Gunetzal line around. Get them back to throwing low percentage shots to the net. TIE UP STICKS IN FRONT. Let Igor see shots.

Need big games from the leaders. Mika. Kreids. Bread. Trocheck. Almost moreso on Defense. All pairs need to show up and be solid.

We need a well coached game with a sneaky gameplan and adjustments from Lavy.

MATCH AND EXCEED THE DESPERATION LEVEL

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
20,554-0 NYR

Panarin (18,599)
Rempe (704)
Shesterkin (611)
Zibanejad (404)
Kreider (111)
Lafreniere (87)
Trocheck (21)
Lindgren (9)
Kravtsov (4)
Wennberg (3)
Kakko (1)
download (2).jpg

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
This is game 6. I need to get my shit together. Gotta get brats, sauerkraut with bacon bits in it, saison dupont tall boys .. got my son dressed in his jersey for school.

If were going to win this we all need to be equipped with our accoutrements. Get your beers, get your snacks, get ready to rumble.

LETS DO IT!!!

Reactions: mti79

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My gf and I have tickets. Section 105. Not sure we are going yet. I am wearing my jersey to work today though
Wore mine prior to Game#5, when I went food shopping at Publix. A pretty lady bumped into me, she apologized and all I could muster up was; "yeah, that happens to me a lot, guess you Panther fans don't like my team" And will really dislike us in about 2 weeks.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
For the love of God push the pace. Watching the Canes siege Igor for the first 10 minutes and hoping he stands on his head again is not a successful strategy.

Make some f'n plays when you have time, chip it out when you don't.
Carolina wants the rangers to push the pace
That’s the trap.
The rangers don’t need to push the pace, they need to control the pace. It’s not about how often you rush the puck, but that when you do it, it’s not immediately coming back the other way.
You don’t need speed for zone entries if you get in cleanly anyways.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
That’s the trap.

The rangers don’t need to push the pace, they need to control the pace. It’s not about how often you rush the puck, but that when you do it, it’s not immediately coming back the other way.
Was just going to mention that.

The Rangers need to be careful not to over do it and take themselves out of position. Especially leaving themselves thin in the neutral zone because thats where Carolina eats up teams. Gotta have guys coming back through the middle to close lanes and if you do that you can step up at the line instead of backing in because you have support.

Its much easier to defend and keep them to the outside that way, even if they gain entry. Defense to offense in transition. When things are going right the Canes are handling the puck high in the zone right at the blue line and there are turnovers to be had in the same area on the entries.

Lavy should just be showing them tape of how they have succeeded playing THEIR game. Their usual game we saw all year. Be consistent and trust it. When the chances come they need to capitalize. Make Anderson move East-West and get him scrambling around the net, second chances. He likes to sit on his ass after the first shot/scramble and its difficult for him to recover.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That’s the trap.
I simply cannot stand when Kreider amongst others just tosses the puck back to ther Canes at the slightest bit of danger. Others do it as well, but I've seen Kreids do that more than once, when all he has to do is hold onto the puck for a little more than a second and collect himself while looking for a teammate breaking out. I pay attention to shit like that. Don't give it away unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad