Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
Did a little creative work.

Just going to leave these here.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I am hoping that Brad can return but I also have my doubts. Just seeing him in the tunnel "bumping" the guys, they were so careful and it seemed like he was pretty fragile. I am glad they had his jersey hanging in the locker room and that he was there with them. Concussions are no joke, but the NHL is so serious about protecting against head shots, it really shows with player "safety" and their actions.
If the NHL really took player safety seriously, they would not only fine Bennett (even a few days later), but also suspend him for a couple of games after they saw the clear cut video angle of the cheap sucker punch to Marchand's head. But since it's Marchand, they just look the other way while whistling dixie

The DoPS is way overdue for a complete overhaul, or else change their name to Dept. of Who Gives A Shit
Get Parros the hell outta there and replace him with somebody who will actually do something to ANY player who intentionally injures another player (no matter who the injured player is)

Maybe a lawsuit or two would get their attention

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
If the NHL really took player safety seriously, they would not only fine Bennett (even a few days later), but also suspend him for a couple of games after they saw the clear cut video angle of the cheap sucker punch to Marchand's head. But since it's Marchand, they just look the other way while whistling dixie

The DoPS is way overdue for a complete overhaul, or else change their name to Dept. of Who Gives A Shit
Get Parros the hell outta there and replace him with somebody who will actually do something to ANY player who intentionally injures another player (no matter who the injured player is)

You've got to love how they won't review a cheapshot that resulted in a head/upper body injury after the fact, but they'll spend 10 minutes studying a replay on a coach's challenge to see if someone's skate was a strand of dental floss over the blue line of a player that was 35 feet from the play and had zero impact on the goal scored. Makes sense, NHL. :rolleyes:

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
So where do you slot Marchy if he's back. And who sits?

I'm tempted to put him where JVR is...

View attachment 871365
I look at this
So where do you slot Marchy if he's back. And who sits?

I'm tempted to put him where JVR is...

View attachment 871365
Semi off topic - As I look at this forward group, half that lineup should have no real fatigue impact despite the first round's 7 games. Maroon only slotted in late season, Brazeau missed several weeks and played just 2 games vs Leafs, JVR sat late season and came in half way vs Leafs, Lauko, Beecher sat out some games, Heinen just came back, hopefully Marshy slots in after some time off and Zacha should be well rested because he has been boning the pooch. 🙄

Even on D, half the guys Lohrei, Wotherspoon and Peeke haven't played all the playoff games.

I'd sit Maroon though as JVR brings a tad more speed, has been hitting and has more offensive upside.

Reactions: BMC and KWbruin

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Why does Marchand-Zacha-Brazeau have to be the 3rd line?
it's how you posted it..... when has Marchand ever been a 3rd line LW in his career.... hence except the 1st 2 seasons he has been a top 6 LW.... same goes w/ Pasta if u look at it... that's why they toggle them but neither of them are 3rd or 4th line

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I would normally agree, however he traveled on the plane to Florida. He didn't stay home in a dark room. That cabin pressure etc on the brain. If he was fine enough for that. I expect him to play Friday.

Head injuries are no joke. I would never risk it. But I think he plays.

Agreed, I don’t think it’s a concussion for the reasons mentioned as well as the fact that he participated in a decent amount of the practice yesterday as well.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
In the old days, both of these goals would have both counted, unquestionably. This would be true even if they had video review back then, which they didn't. So, both were called good goals on the ice.

Old time rules, on Bennet's goal, he was never in the crease, and he was never in contact with Sway. Old time rules, both of these would have had to happen. Whatever Coyle was doing stumbling over his own goalie was his own problem.

Old time rules, on McAvoy goal, Heinen was not in the crease when the puck entered the crease, and he was not in contact with Bob when the puck entered the crease. Whatever contact happened prior to these two things would not matter. Old time rules, both of these would have had to happen for no goal. It is important to note also that refs would blow the whistle and stop play, even without a goal, is a guy parked in the crease. Faceoff out in the neutral zone. These whistles didn't happen that often. But conceivably, in the old days, the ref could have killed the play even before McAvoy shot the puck.
OK.... but what 2024 NHL rule and especially the rule appreciation and application have to do with the old days! IMO with how NHL have overlooked goal review in 2023 and 2024, inconsistency is at best what I see and biased, and incompetency at worst. Some will talk corruption.... I don't go there

Reactions: bob77

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Lawsuit does not work. It always finish with a confidentiel settlement and NHL will protect itself.

There are absolutely no reason in whatever analysis that can back up a no call on Bennett punching in the face Marchand in a shoulder to shoulder hockey play. Marchand was vulnerable, can not prepare himself to be knock out by this dirty punch.

An indépendant group should be named reviewing hit à la Bennett on Marchand. But there is a reason why it ain't the case..... control!!!

I’m not so gung ho on inserting Marchand when he’s not right. Didn’t we learn from doing that with Bergeron last year or even 2013?
2013 is irrelevant.
Last year I agree.

Sit Lauko
Not the way Lauko plays. Let the kid in.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The start time of Game 6 of the Second Round series between the Florida Panthers and Boston Bruins has been set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, May 17, in Boston. The game will be televised on TNT, truTV and MAX in the U.S. In Canada, the game will be on Sportsnet, CBC and TVA Sports.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

They are not concerned with protecting against headshots. They are concerned about the multimillion dollar litigation cases that follow.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad