Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Game 6 and (if fortune favors us) Game 7 would be an awfully good time for Pasta, Coyle and Zacha to finally come to life...
If those three started potting goals the B's would win the next two games for sure
I'm guessing Marchand got a concussion, and maybe out for the series.
If it was a concussion, he should be out for the series.
If it's up to Brad, we all know he's playing game 6

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Let's get a replay of Bobrovsky making that save..
tenor-1766187992.gif

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Regardless what will happen next, this playoffs will be the playoffs Jeremy Swayman went into superman mode. Does anybody still want to keep Ullmark over him?
I love Ullmark and the tandem, but to address this team's needs, trading him is the most logical thing to do. Sway is a proven #1 now and has proven a playoff performer.

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
Well he continued to play the rest of the period when he got hit ,and it sure looked like he got his bell wrong and was out of it.
Although I know that I am in the minority, I hope Marchy doesn't try to play. First of all I am concerned for his health. Even if he is 100% I am afraid that the players who gave a great effort in game 5 will ease up a bit because the captain is there. I feel that was a factor last year when Bergy and Krejci were put in the line up when they replaced healthy players.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Although I know that I am in the minority, I hope Marchy doesn't try to play. First of all I am concerned for his health. Even if he is 100% I am afraid that the players who gave a great effort in game 5 will ease up a bit because the captain is there. I feel that was a factor last year when Bergy and Krejci were put in the line up when they replaced healthy players.
It will be up to the doctor and medical team

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Sure seems hard to close out a 3-1 series in that game five. Anyone know the stats on that? How often does the team that's leading the series 3-1, win game 5?

From Wikipedia:

List of teams to overcome 3–1 series deficits​

NHL teams have overcome 3–1 deficits 32 times, the most recent instance being accomplished by the Florida Panthers during the 2023 Stanley Cup playoffs.[24] The Rangers, the Vancouver Canucks, and the Montreal Canadiens are tied with the most successful 3–1 series comebacks in the NHL, with three. Four times a team comeback from 3–0 down and only one instance has occurred during the Stanley Cup Finals, accomplished in 1942 by the Toronto Maple Leafs, who initially trailed 3–0.[25]

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
So where do you slot Marchy if he's back. And who sits?

I'm tempted to put him where JVR is...

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.58.40 PM.png

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
just replacing JVR with Marchand would probably make the most sense, but i woudn't hate a 63/18/43 line and a 11/13/55 line if you could guarantee me they throw their weight around

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad