Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Whatever Montgomery ate/consumed before the game last night, I hope he does the same on Friday.

His reactions alone were well worth the price of admission.
Like Monty as a person lukewarm as a coach (games 5 & 6 last year I will never get over from how he coached) but he had a good night

It’s so simple - attack but responsibly

And that’s how they win

Friday night go after them like last night

Unhinged and electric are perfect ways to describe it haha I was dying laughing
Great summary - I’m borrowing that from you ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last 2 games the Bruins had a half dozen glorious chances they did not score- game 2 could have been up 3-0 after one period instead of two

If they are going to win Friday they need Swayman to be on and bury multiple in close very very high danger chances

I’m surprised how many opportunities Bruins have had behind Florida D with time but not cashed

They allow that to Rangers or Carolina they ain’t likely going to be so fortunate

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1715771357469.png

1715771375703.png

Reactions: BMC and BB79

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Last 2 games the Bruins had a half dozen glorious chances they did not score- game 2 could have been up 3-0 after one period instead of two

If they are going to win Friday they need Swayman to be on and bury multiple in close very very high danger chances

I’m surprised how many opportunities Bruins have had behind Florida D with time but not cashed

They allow that to Rangers or Carolina they ain’t likely going to be so fortunate

I also feel like that was the best they’ve looked in the neutral zone against the panthers. Disrupted a lot more zone entries than normal and panthers didn’t get to set up nearly as much.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Game 5 last year, Marchand stoned by Bobrovsky in the final seconds as Bruins go on to lose in ot and fail to clinch series.

Game 5 last night Reinhart stoned by Swayman in the final seconds as Bruins win and Florida fails to clinch series.

Are we seeing a rewriting of the script from last year's battle?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
G6 Friday. I’ll be at Neil Young show in Mansfield.

He’s Canadien…surely he will have the game on the screen????
Love Neil Young

Saw him at Great Woods in 90’s and with CSNY a bunch of times

If there is a game 7 what time would it be ?

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Getting to game 7 I would have a camera on Maurice - he’s a bad call in game 7 to a meltdown/unhinged

Reactions: Gordoff

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
I woke up thinking about that insane dive against Lohrei's hooking and the Montgomery reaction lol. Who was that on Florida, that was one of the worst dives I have ever seen but I can't tell if its just my memory or it was really that bad. Anyone have a highlight of it?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I woke up thinking about that insane dive against Lohrei's hooking and the Montgomery reaction lol. Who was that on Florida, that was one of the worst dives I have ever seen but I can't tell if its just my memory or it was really that bad. Anyone have a highlight of it?

I wouldn’t have called it a penalty but I also don’t think it’s a dive. Lohrei and Montours skates collide right before the “penalty” and mountor is unbalanced and on one skate right before he goes down.

Reactions: Gordoff and Drift

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Luostarinen....probably butchered that spelling

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

I wouldn’t have called it a penalty but I also don’t think it’s a dive. Lohrei and Montours skates collide right before the “penalty” and mountor is unbalanced and on one skate right before he goes down.

Dude the contrarian thing about the refs is hilarious.

Reactions: Bradely

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Dude the contrarian thing about the refs is hilarious.

I said the refs got the call wrong and it shouldn’t have been a penalty on lohrei.. do you disagree with that?

Or are you complaining that I don’t think it’s a dive and that I think the whole play is just a “play on”

I feel like yet again you read a post wrong because I’m pretty sure you actually agree with me that this is just a play on and no penalty by anyone.

Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

This game if I remember it was Debrusk, Frederic, Zacha and Geekie that each had all alone chances to extend lead and all their low shots were saved.. They forgot game 1?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

▪ It was a tense 2-3 minutes on the Bruins’ bench when Charlie McAvoy’s goal, the eventual game-winner, went to review for goalie interference.

“My thoughts were, make sure you send the right message to the bench no matter what happens,” said Montgomery, asked what he was thinking during the review. “It’s, ‘Hey, we’ve got to get one on the power play, let’s just keep playing next play, next shift.’ It hasn’t been going our way. It was nice that one did.”

“Not good things,” said Coyle, asked what was running through his mind during the review. “You never know what’s going to happen and you just try to, on the bench, say that whatever happens here, we’re scoring again. And doing it the right way. You can’t dwell on anything. You just have to have the right mind-set if it goes our way, great, and if not, we’re still coming. We had to have that mind-set to overcome anything, be relentless, and no one’s going to stop.”

▪ The Panthers were caught for diving (technically, it is embellishing) when Morgan Geekie put a light cross-check on Anton Lundell late in the first period. Lundell went down like Sonny Liston. Geekie was whistled off for a cross-check, initially looking like the Bruins would have to kill a penalty, but the ref took oof Lundell for the fake job.

An animated Montgomery could be seen behind the bench later making an exaggerated diving motion when the Panthers were not whistled for another embellishment at 12:24 of the second. Bruins defenseman Mason Lohrei instead was sent to the box for hooking Eetu Luostarinen, who took a pratfall when tapped with Lohrei’s stick.

“I just think in the league, in general, embellishment is going up,” said Montgomery. “Players are getting better and better at grabbing their heads, snapping their heads back, getting hooked and going with the hook and jumping back. When I was growing up, [Philadelphia’s] Billy Barber was known the best for it and drew a lot of penalties because of it. It makes it hard on the refs because you don’t know if a guy was really high-sticked or was just trying to get a call.”

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This game if I remember it was Debrusk, Frederic, Zacha and Geekie that each had all alone chances to extend lead and all their low shots were saved.. They forgot game 1?
Im listening to Morning Bru and Razor just said it’s 7 breakaway/ in close chances with time

He said Bobrovsky is coming out and Bruins likely realize you can just go around him like Geekie did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad