Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 7:41 PM - BRUINS @ Sunrise ( Boston leads series 1-0 ) - ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Not trying to be argumentative, but I think every line got hemmed in a lot. Florida had nearly 40 shots and a bunch of offensive zone time.
And they will continue to get shots and zone time, Its about limiting good scoring chances and try to let the goalie see the shots.

Florida hems in every team in the league, lets them skate around the perimeter all game. Its losing face offs in the d zone that needs to get better for me but unfortunately I don't think that's possible

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
And they will continue to get shots and zone time, Its about limiting good scoring chances and try to let the goalie see the shots.

Florida hems in every team in the league, lets them skate around the perimeter all game. Its losing face offs in the d zone that needs to get better for me but unfortunately I don't think that's possible
This. Bruins whole defensive structure is keep everyone to the perimeter. Let them shoot from outside the dots. Clear front of net.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

Boston dropped from 3rd last season to 18th this season in league faceoff win percentage.
With all the centers on the team they have to find someone to help out, probably why Brown was there. Another game of Barkov at 68% and Coyle at 35% will not end well.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah winning this one is gravy since they already took back the home ice advantage, but F it...I'm greedy. Lets put a stranglehold on the series
Same. I’m feeling great already, but expectations shift game to game, so I wanna head home with 2.

Need to see more from McAvoy. I think if he gets going it will be a key part to winning this series.
What’s crazy is we could point to several players with that same thought. Coyle, Zacha, Marchand, Debrusk, McAvoy, Frederic…should any of these guys go on a heater then we are in for a fun time

Edit. I’ll put Pastrnak in there as well. Had the epic game winner but we all know he’s got a long way to go before he tops out

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
If they play like they did from about the 5 minute mark in the first to the end they should come away with another win. Rough’em up now that we have the horses to get it done.

Reactions: lopey

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad