Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He was able to have a full practice and made available to speak to the media afterwards. Usually that's the green light that he's good to go, unless he has some sort of setback tomorrow. These things don't always follow a linear path.

“He plays hard,” Marchand said. “He’s an extremely physical player, great player for the group. I think he got away with a shot. But I’m not going to complain. S— happens. That’s part of especially playoff hockey. I’ve been on the other side of a lot of plays. I think he got away with one. But that’s part of the game and definitely part of playoff hockey.

“It sucks to be on the other side of it. But that stuff happens. So I’m not going to sit here and complain about it. That’s part of the game. Yeah, I think he got away with one. But it is what it is.”

Marchand has a history of postseason aggression. He made his mark in 2011 by treating Daniel Sedin like a punching bag during the Stanley Cup Final. So Marchand is not one to whine about being on the other end of playoff belligerence.

“People don’t want to say it. But part of the playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team,” Marchand said. “The more guys you take out, the more advantage your team has. People don’t say that. But that’s just a fact of the game. So every time you step on the ice, someone’s trying to hurt someone. That’s just how it goes in the playoffs.

“Any time you can get an advantage on a team, it’s going to help your team win. That’s part of the benefit of having a physical group. That’s why you see teams go the distance with a big D corps and physical teams. It’s why you rarely see teams that are small and skilled go far, because they get hurt.”

This eases my concern of Marchand returning the favor even slightly and the officials over compensating as usual with a swift ejection and major PP.

dhrT3W0.gif

Incredible!

Incredible!

• Haha
Reactions: whitefang

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The amount of times Chara and co. got away with dirty hits and sucker punches and all the dirty shenanigans... well guess what buddy... the bill has come due now...

That's basically what Marchand said, so this isn't the flex you think it is.

Plus, don't you have an off-season thread on the Leafs' board to tend to? This area is for teams that are still in the playoffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Boston where grit goes to die. Bruins just doesn't have the scoring depth to win a 4 round playoff series. Florida is better and at some point, Pasternack will have a game that he is simply unable to be a factor. Scoring depth is where those goals happen matter.
The difference is Barkov. Flip him on Boston series over

Florida in a 5 year span picked 3.2,1,and 3

They should be better then Boston

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
View attachment 871654

Source

He's 100% correct and its not just Boston and Florida. Its half the teams that make the playoffs.

You also can't have a bigger critique of the NHL DOPS. Players admitting they all have the intent to injure with their play while the DOPS has been next to non-existent the past several years.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Not a huge fan Marchand but gotta give him is due here. When one lives by sword, one can't cry when sword doesn't swing their way. Marchand owns this and doesn't make excuses. Kudos Marchand, kudos.... Now if NHL would protect players same across-the-board. We wouldn't have a what came 1st? A dirty-hit chicken -vs- fed-up egg game, that's played between players.

Hopefully rest of series is hard fought hockey without all the bush-league antics.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
In the future when some AI robot makes a call we hate we'll long for the days of bad human officiating like this.

Well that’s because Refbot 2AJ.416 is a biased piece of shit.

I heard he was programmed in a factory in Montreal!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
and you would be better if you drafted kyle connor, Mathew Barzal, Thomas Chabot, Brock Boeser, Travis Konecny.. sebastion aho...
good point - atleast they got Pastrnak at 25, McAvoy 14, and Swayman 100 something

I’ve seen scouting books that had Aho 270

How did everyone but Carolina not see this

An HF history draft search here sees my picks

Barzal
Connor
Zboril

However I go Fabbro over McAvoy & Jared McCann over Pastrnak (oh and wanted some random dude over Patrice Bergeron)

You win some you lose some

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
He's 100% correct and its not just Boston and Florida. Its half the teams that make the playoffs.

You also can't have a bigger critique of the NHL DOPS. Players admitting they all have the intent to injure with their play while the DOPS has been next to non-existent the past several years.
Not admitting anything about intentional cheap shots, talking about Intend to injure by Cleanly hitting someone as hard as you can, every time you can.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
and you would be better if you drafted kyle connor, Mathew Barzal, Thomas Chabot, Brock Boeser, Travis Konecny.. sebastion aho...

Extremely different than drafting repeatedly in the top 5....

Debrusk is a top six player. Zboril is a bust but drafted exactly where he was expected to.

Senyshyn was a fireable offense but that would only yield one other high end player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad