Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
The other thing he's doing is uniting everyone against him because of his terrible arguments. I feel like everyone (except one person) is on the same team rn. That should count for something, bringing ppl together is not the easiest thing
Full disclosure. I'm a Leaf fan.

I ran out all the excuses in years past. Hot goalies, team was too young (early in AM's career), bad breaks. Saturday night just f***ing broke me, man. That game, on a Saturday night, against an Original Six rival that has had your number for over a decade, and to come out like that. Just f***ing horrible.

It's time to stop making excuses. They're built wrong, coached wrong with a President who just rolled the dice and lost. I always thought the $40 m for four forwards could work, the way the cap was going up each year. But the COVID flat cap also hurt, as it did a lot of teams. It's not an excuse. It's reality.

JT is off the books in a year, and I'm pretty sure one of Nylander/Marner will be persuaded to waive their NMC. Do they take a run at McD in two years? Will he even want to leave Edmonton? Or do they invest in a 1D and elite goalie? Who knows, but something has to change.

Keith Pelley was just named CEO of MLSE. He is going to want to make sure everyone knows who is in charge. I wouldn't be shocked if he cleaned house, from Shanahan down, if the Leafs don't rally.

I've been a fan since the Ballard years. I've seen the shitty teams, the jerseys tossed on the ice, everything. This, this just feels different.

Maybe they prove us all wrong and rally. And then maybe Margot Robbie might knock on my door an hour later, telling me her car broke down out front and she needs a place to stay.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Leafs loyalty to Keefe is ridiculous. Edmonton fired 3 coaches in Keefe's tenure so far. They were tied with San Jose before Woodcroft was fired.

Keefe however gets unlimited chances and we'll never know if another coach would have made of a difference. There's a chance that Keefe could have been the problem as other teams, such as Edmonton this season, improved with the same players under a different coach.
Blame everybody except the 4 guys payed 10 mill who have to actually go on the ice and do something :laugh::laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Full disclosure. I'm a Leaf fan.

I ran out all the excuses in years past. Hot goalies, team was too young (early in AM's career), bad breaks. Saturday night just f***ing broke me, man. That game, on a Saturday night, against an Original Six rival that has had your number for over a decade, and to come out like that. Just f***ing horrible.

It's time to stop making excuses. They're built wrong, coached wrong with a President who just rolled the dice and lost. I always thought the $40 m for four forwards could work, the way the cap was going up each year. But the COVID flat cap also hurt, as it did a lot of teams. It's not an excuse. It's reality.

JT is off the books in a year, and I'm pretty sure one of Nylander/Marner will be persuaded to waive their NMC. Do they take a run at McD in two years? Will he even want to leave Edmonton? Or do they invest in a 1D and elite goalie? Who knows, but something has to change.

Keith Pelley was just named CEO of MLSE. He is going to want to make sure everyone knows who is in charge. I wouldn't be shocked if he cleaned house, from Shanahan down, if the Leafs don't rally.

I've been a fan since the Ballard years. I've seen the shitty teams, the jerseys tossed on the ice, everything. This, this just feels different.

Maybe they prove us all wrong and rally. And then maybe Margot Robbie might knock on my door an hour later, telling me her car broke down out front and she needs a place to stay.
if so, give me a call, I can be there in 10 hours. I promise not to discuss anything hockey related.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Let us all relish in the fact that the Toronto Maple Leafs currently have 3 of the top 10 AAV's in the entire NHL (soon to be 4 of 10).

Absolute cluster f*** of mismanagement. Only one of those players can be considered one of the top 10 most valuable players in the league based on his regular season (only) 69 goal performance.

The other 3 are outside the top 20 (50 for Tavares) most valuable players in the league but paid like the top 10.

Most people realize this is a massive issue. I don't see how anyone in good faith can argue that is good cap management, hell even if they were legit top 10 players. Not only is it completely forward heavy.....it is a downright overpay.

Any team with 4 of the top 10 players in this league, should be instant cup favourites. The fact that they can't get it done, is all the evidence needed that it is bad.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah I’m saying his comments are ridiculous. Pastrnak hasn’t had a good series and he’s not run out of town. Marner and Pastrnak have the same number of points this series if it wasn’t for Pastrnak’s empty net assists.
Pasta has had 3 Leaf players draped over him every game. He is fine. He is also a major leader on the team.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Blame kadri! Blame keefe! Babcock! Dubas! Freddy Anderson! Blame sammy! Blame treiv!

But don't ever blame AM34 !!!! the expected goals per 60 king !
You've had a lot of horrible takes over the year, this one might be the worst of them all. Out of anyone you could have picked, you chose Matthews lmao. We know your season is over and you have nothing to look forward to except a Leafs loss, but do better man. At least pick on Marner, Tavares, Reaves, Lily, Brodie, you know the guys that have actually been dog shit.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins beating the Leafs with their bread and butter - elite goaltending and team defensive structure. Sprinkle in executing on special teams and inspired play by their Captain and it's easy to see why this is 3-1 right now.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Core 4 haven't even played one full game together this series which is a big part of the reason Boston is up 3-1.
1714411555082.png

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
You've had a lot of horrible takes over the year, this one might be the worst of them all. Out of anyone you could have picked, you chose Matthews lmao. We know your season is over and you have nothing to look forward to except a Leafs loss, but do better man. At least pick on Marner, Tavares, Reaves, Lily, Brodie, you know the guys that have actually been dog shit.
How are my takes bad? Especially the ones on the maple leafs :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: its the easiest thing to call , like clockwork.

You are the exhibit A of King AM34 having no blame from the fanbase its hilarious

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
The Leafs are in a place right between hell and purgatory at this point. When you have nearly half your cap locked up in 4 forwards who aren't showing up and answering the bell (or are injured) and you can't afford solid depth or good goaltending, you'll never go anywhere in the playoffs. Tavares is getting paid 11m to put up 1 point in 4 games and Matthews has been held scoreless in 3 of their 4 games. The pressure to win is only gonna get worse on a season to season basis and I don't think any of these guys outside of Nylander are mentally fit to step up. I hate to say it but this core as it is will probably never make the ECF, let alone win a Cup. Toronto needs a personnel change, culture shift and aggressive retool that won't be easy because of their cap situation. I'm grateful I'm not a Leafs fan.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
What’s his playoff resume? Being out scored by Tyler Bertuzzi last season?
Not as stellar as Marner's I'm sure..🤭 :biglaugh:

Just checked the NHL app for top 25 players for points scored in the playoffs so far. Counted 4 Bruins...and not a single Toronto Maple Leaf. Anders Lee outscoring anyone on your team. Hell, Marchand has 2 more points than the entire core 4 combined :laugh:

Last edited:

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Bruins beating the Leafs with their bread and butter - elite goaltending and team defensive structure. Sprinkle in executing on special teams and inspired play by their Captain and it's easy to see why this is 3-1 right now.
Without a doubt, it’s been the defense, goaltending and a powerplay that decided to kick it in gear after a month of futility and taken advantage of those chances. Get yourself a job over at NESN, perfect and concise summary of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad