ECHL to Frederick, Maryland?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Plowing fresh soil with dull tools that failed to yield a pro hockey presence over several rounds of DelMarVa hockey dream sequences. Though trotting out the "Original Concept Art for Savannah's Arena" image while asking the social media denizens where the arena should be plopped down to suit them is even more pathetic for this go-for-pro movement. I might just buy a T-shirt to give me a chuckle when I use it to wash my car. :snide:

ETA: $10.60 delivery charge for a crappy $24.95 short-sleeve T-shirt?! Scratch the car wash idea.

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Where is your website for a revived “st. Charles chill” echl franchise?

Andre Poodle Lussier

Apr 1, 2012
Semi seclusion
Plowing fresh soil with dull tools that failed to yield a pro hockey presence over several rounds of DelMarVa hockey dream sequences. Though trotting out the "Original Concept Art for Savannah's Arena" image while asking the social media denizens where the arena should be plopped down to suit them is even more pathetic for this go-for-pro movement. I might just buy a T-shirt to give me a chuckle when I use it to wash my car. :snide:

ETA: $10.60 delivery charge for a crappy $24.95 short-sleeve T-shirt?! Scratch the car wash idea.

The dream of the Delaware Thunder is "alive" in Dover, however, if you believe Charlie Pens! (Just ignore the absolute radio silence from local and state officials about a "civic center" project in Dover.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Baltimore Arena is its original name.
that's what it's been known as since pro hockey abandoned the market.... and has been described ad nauseum for years even when pro hockey was there.... wrong section of Baltimore.... Camden Yards is 1000 x better.... warnings were made about going anywhere else in Baltimore metro.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Yeah, the real issue is the Baltimore Arena is over 60 years old.
It also doesn't help it's Baltimore's main arena for concerts and sports, so it being old and crummy deters it from serious tenants who may want to do stuff there like AHL or ECHL hockey.

There's aging gracefully and then getting old. The Baltimore Arena got old.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Crazy how Baltimore has fallen as a hockey market from a potential 1967 expansion franchise to this current situation. Actually not crazy with that arena.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I assume you dealt with Hutch's not even wrong logic or Syracuse Blazers on his 78th concussion, but yeah the arena has gone through multiple names.

I highly recommend blocking those two. Life is easier that way.
Baltimore has been discussed ad nauseum in numerous forums here and elsewhere for years.... even the old fanbases of Baltimore realized that about the arena and relayed it as such..... why would the Capitals bail on the market in the late 90s..... then the supposed flirtation by Carolina ownership brought it back up again.... before the extension w/ Rosemont, IL (NOT Chicago, not even a mailing address in Chicago, either)

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
Baltimore has been discussed ad nauseum in numerous forums here and elsewhere for years.... even the old fanbases of Baltimore realized that about the arena and relayed it as such..... why would the Capitals bail on the market in the late 90s..... then the supposed flirtation by Carolina ownership brought it back up again.... before the extension w/ Rosemont, IL (NOT Chicago, not even a mailing address in Chicago, either)
How exactly did the Capitals bail on the market in the late 90s?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad