Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Posted a small patch @hoyster set up a new game with this DB and if you still can't get the finances right send it over to me.

NHL Updates:
- Updated rights for some players in the KHL -- thanks AngryDuck!!

Russian Updates:
- Updated KHL/VHL affiliations -- thanks AngryDuck and Славяныч!!

United States Updates:
- Fixed NCAA schedule -- thanks penguinrevolt!!
I tried to start a new game, but it didn't work. I re-installed the game and now when I try to start a new game with this DB, it gives me the 2022 roster for some reason.

The finances need to work for me to enjoy playing at all.
All the NHL/AHL tweeners are asking for 2,5M and top 9 forwards get 9M/year. Most of the top players always end up in free agency and go unsigned until September when they sign a 1 year/5M deal with some random team. How are you guys handling with this? Does even raising the cap work or are players just going to ask for even more money?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I tried to start a new game, but it didn't work. I re-installed the game and now when I try to start a new game with this DB, it gives me the 2022 roster for some reason.

All the NHL/AHL tweeners are asking for 2,5M and top 9 forwards get 9M/year. Most of the top players always end up in free agency and go unsigned until September when they sign a 1 year/5M deal with some random team. How are you guys handling with this? Does even raising the cap work or are players just going to ask for even more money?
Try unsubscribing, wait a few minutes then resubscribing none of that sounds right.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC

Yeah this is true. I've noticed in the recent DBs that a lot of the top players, Nylander, Draisaitl, Marner, Stamkos, etc all reach FA which is kind of annoying cause they end up signing cheap 1 year deals in like October lol

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Yeah this is true. I've noticed in the recent DBs that a lot of the top players, Nylander, Draisaitl, Marner, Stamkos, etc all reach FA which is kind of annoying cause they end up signing cheap 1 year deals in like October lol
Which is why I recommend you raise the cap every year similar to real life, the AI was not designed to deal with the cap as it's turned into.

Reactions: dellzor

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Which is why I recommend you raise the cap every year similar to real life, the AI was not designed to deal with the cap as it's turned into.
If I ever get this to work, does it require you to raise it every year or would just raising it to, say 92M be enough? Does just raising the cap make players ask for more? Also when I try to re-sign regular role players, I can only offer up to 2M, but the player asks ~2,7M, would it be enough if I just put every teams internal cap to 92M as well?

Thanks for all the help in advance. I'll try again to make this work later this week.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
If I ever get this to work, does it require you to raise it every year or would just raising it to, say 92M be enough? Does just raising the cap make players ask for more? Also when I try to re-sign regular role players, I can only offer up to 2M, but the player asks ~2,7M, would it be enough if I just put every teams internal cap to 92M as well?

Thanks for all the help in advance. I'll try again to make this work later this week.
Raise it to whatever you want, I wouldn't touch the max wages or spread, I ONLY touch the floor and ceiling numbers and the max club budgets as I outline here: Updating NHL Financial Data in EHM 1.5.docx.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Too bad can't just have it so each type of player ask randomly for a certain range of cap percentage (top players 10 to 14 % or whatever, just made those numbers up)

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
Started a game with the new TBL roster. I couldn't assign a scout to the Western League. Found the league and the teams so they are just missing from the list in the scouting section. For me at least.

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
OK so I am re-making my personal Ukrainian expansion database with the newest ECK database as my base (thanks for making a great DB for me to branch out with, ECK!) because my previous save decided to die in 2078 (somehow it forced every intl competition to happen at once on all three of my backup saves, and does every time I load lol).

Can someone explain what attraction for a city means? Is is the multiplier for how likely a generated player would be born there, is it related to the team rep for how likely a player would sign there, or is it both, or neither? Also, do co-ordinates really matter?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
V8.4 of Pivot has been released, huge thanks to everyone who helped with this months release. I am VERY happy with how this database performs (NHL focused).

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions
- Transactions and roster refreshes across several smaller leagues -- thanks and welcome back Matee!!
- Adjusted player aggression, dirtiness and agitation to bring penalty minutes into closer alignment with real life numbers -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Updated several club names and colors for Dani9's logo pack

Continental Play Updates: -- thanks PabloSanok!!
- Updated several leagues linked to the Continental Cup, including shuttering some smaller leagues who are not active over the next few years.
- Updated CCup and CHL licenses for accurate teams in 2023-24

NHL Updates:
- Updated 2024-2027 draft classes based on several early watch lists/rankings (for 2024) and statistical analysis of DB and Prospect Generator tweaks -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Fixed/tuned attributes of many players to allow for better growth with better attributes selected per player roles -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!

Austrian Updates:
- Updated transfer rules for win2day ICE Hockey League and Alps Hockey League -- thanks mat.liebl!!

Canadian Updates:
- Fixed OJHL league structure

Czechia Updates:
- Updated clubs and staff -- thanks Matee!!

Finnish Updates:
- Updated II-divisioona clubs -- thanks Ahmat!!

German Updates: -- thanks mat.liebl!!
- Updated and re-rated DEL and DEL2 players and staff
- Updated reputations and captains for clubs in DEL, DEL2, Oberliga and DNL
- Updated financials for DEL2

Polish Updates:
- Updated arenas and clubs -- thanks PabloSanok!!

Russian Updates:
- Fixed Olympic year schedule template -- thanks Filip85 for the report and penguinrevolt for the fix!!

Slovakian Updates:
- Updated TIPOS hokejova liga clubs -- thanks Dani9!!

Slovenian Updates:
- Updated IHL league structure -- thanks Filip85!!

Spanish Updates:
- Updated clubs, players and staff in LNHH

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
My actionpics are now updated for 23/24 (start of season). They're downloadable on steam. If you're already subscribed they should update automatically, if they don't re-start steam or re-sub.

Elias_Pettersson_12_11_1998.png
Leo_Carlsson_26_12_2004.png
Erik_Karlsson_31_5_1990.png

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
V8.4 of Pivot has been released, huge thanks to everyone who helped with this months release. I am VERY happy with how this database performs (NHL focused).

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions
- Transactions and roster refreshes across several smaller leagues -- thanks and welcome back Matee!!
- Adjusted player aggression, dirtiness and agitation to bring penalty minutes into closer alignment with real life numbers -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Updated several club names and colors for Dani9's logo pack

Continental Play Updates: -- thanks PabloSanok!!
- Updated several leagues linked to the Continental Cup, including shuttering some smaller leagues who are not active over the next few years.
- Updated CCup and CHL licenses for accurate teams in 2023-24

NHL Updates:
- Updated 2024-2027 draft classes based on several early watch lists/rankings (for 2024) and statistical analysis of DB and Prospect Generator tweaks -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Fixed/tuned attributes of many players to allow for better growth with better attributes selected per player roles -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!

Austrian Updates:
- Updated transfer rules for win2day ICE Hockey League and Alps Hockey League -- thanks mat.liebl!!

Canadian Updates:
- Fixed OJHL league structure

Czechia Updates:
- Updated clubs and staff -- thanks Matee!!

Finnish Updates:
- Updated II-divisioona clubs -- thanks Ahmat!!

German Updates: -- thanks mat.liebl!!
- Updated and re-rated DEL and DEL2 players and staff
- Updated reputations and captains for clubs in DEL, DEL2, Oberliga and DNL
- Updated financials for DEL2

Polish Updates:
- Updated arenas and clubs -- thanks PabloSanok!!

Russian Updates:
- Fixed Olympic year schedule template -- thanks Filip85 for the report and penguinrevolt for the fix!!

Slovakian Updates:
- Updated TIPOS hokejova liga clubs -- thanks Dani9!!

Slovenian Updates:
- Updated IHL league structure -- thanks Filip85!!

Spanish Updates:
- Updated clubs, players and staff in LNHH
thanks for the update! just a head up, you missed the Rathbone for Friedman trade for the Canucks. :thumbu:

dh99

Apr 17, 2019
Sorry for the silly question guys, but how does one save their modifications made with the EHM Assistant? I've been trying to raise the cap on one of my saves to 99 million, but can't for the life of me figure out how to save my changes... I've tried running the program as an admin already; didn't work.

Confusing thing is, I managed to save my changes on one of my other save files earlier this morning, so I know the modifications I'm making are working, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the changes actually saved on that file and none of my others... The save file I'm trying to edit right now is just an earlier instance of the exact same save file I editted earlier.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Sorry for the silly question guys, but how does one save their modifications made with the EHM Assistant? I've been trying to raise the cap on one of my saves to 99 million, but can't for the life of me figure out how to save my changes... I've tried running the program as an admin already; didn't work.

Confusing thing is, I managed to save my changes on one of my other save files earlier this morning, so I know the modifications I'm making are working, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the changes actually saved on that file and none of my others... The save file I'm trying to edit right now is just an earlier instance of the exact same save file I editted earlier.
You make the changes in assistant, which modified values in the game running in memory, you save the changes by saving the game.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki

I still haven't figured out how to make cap adjustments even though I've followed all the steps. So let me know if you find a solution.

dh99

Apr 17, 2019
You make the changes in assistant, which modified values in the game running in memory, you save the changes by saving the game.
:facepalm: Thanks for the quick reply, worked like a charm. I never noticed the assistant actively edited the game in real time!

Reactions: xECK29x

dh99

Apr 17, 2019
I still haven't figured out how to make cap adjustments even though I've followed all the steps. So let me know if you find a solution.
I managed to make the change by loading my save file into the assistant, going to the competitions tab -> Transfer Rules -> Finding the NHL then clicking "edit" -> Editing the salary cap there, then going to "Finance Info Rules" and editing the max wage budget to match that. Then if you go into your game, the changes should be there.

Reactions: hoyster

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I managed to make the change by loading my save file into the assistant, going to the competitions tab -> Transfer Rules -> Finding the NHL then clicking "edit" -> Editing the salary cap there, then going to "Finance Info Rules" and editing the max wage budget to match that. Then if you go into your game, the changes should be there.
Well there it is. The instructions didn't mention the Transfer Rules tab. Much appreciated!

Reactions: dh99

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
OK so I am re-making my personal Ukrainian expansion database with the newest ECK database as my base (thanks for making a great DB for me to branch out with, ECK!) because my previous save decided to die in 2078 (somehow it forced every intl competition to happen at once on all three of my backup saves, and does every time I load lol).

Can someone explain what attraction for a city means? Is is the multiplier for how likely a generated player would be born there, is it related to the team rep for how likely a player would sign there, or is it both, or neither? Also, do co-ordinates really matter?
The attraction rating determines how desirable a city is to live in.

Reactions: GagneHanson12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad