Guhle (76)
Holzer (74)

Gibson (90)
Miller (81)

Last edited:

AustrianDuck

Aug 3, 2018
Graz, Austria
Can you post the ratings of the Gulls as well? Would really appreciate that :thumbu:
Would also love the ratings of my hometown team, the Graz 99ers in the EBEL :nod:
But that´s too much to ask for.

We drafted many guys from USHL, so I think there is no chance guys like Zegras, LaCombe, Thrun or Janicke are in the game?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Can you post the ratings of the Gulls as well? Would really appreciate that :thumbu:
Would also love the ratings of my hometown team, the Graz 99ers in the EBEL :nod:
But that´s too much to ask for.

We drafted many guys from USHL, so I think there is no chance guys like Zegras, LaCombe, Thrun or Janicke are in the game?

I don't have the game yet, as the release date in Sweden is september 13 :)

I found the overalls from this video:

Couldn't find a video on the AHL ratings, but yeah no USHL or NCAA players are in the game.

Reactions: AustrianDuck

AustrianDuck

Aug 3, 2018
Graz, Austria
I don't have the game yet, as the release date in Sweden is september 13 :)

I found the overalls from this video:

Couldn't find a video on the AHL ratings, but yeah no USHL or NCAA players are in the game.

Thx, Release date here in Austria is also the same as in sweden. But with EA Access the game should be out today so you can play 10 hours before the release.
Yesterday, my hometown team got beaten up pretty badly by Frolunda :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I used to love EA NHL series back in the day but lost interest when EA would take out cool features and reintroduce them a few years later as a “brand new” addition to the game. Do they still do that? Are the games much better than they were 5 years ago?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I used to love EA NHL series back in the day but lost interest when EA would take out cool features and reintroduce them a few years later as a “brand new” addition to the game. Do they still do that? Are the games much better than they were 5 years ago?

I actually unpacked my old xbox 360 and tried NHL 14 to see what's it like. I really enjoyed that game and have never enjoyed the game on the new gen as much. Though testing the old games now, there's defenitely been much improvement since. Especially with the AI who has gotten a ton better at defending.

My biggest issue with new gen games is gameplay feels broken. I try to play realistic hockey but the game doesn't really encourage it. Takes forever to get the puck off of your blade no matter if you're trying to pass or shoot the puck, and shots from the blueline gets blocked all the time. However, if you play offline (which I mostly do as franchise mode is my favourite game mode) a lot of tweaking can be done with the gameplay sliders. And franchise mode has certainly been improved over the last handful of years.

Other than GM connected and custom soundtracks, I can't think of anything from the old games missing in the modern ones. Except Free For All way back in the day. I'd like to see that one re-introduced.

Reactions: pesko

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Rakell's still a center, huh? They literally give 0 f***s.

There hasn't been any real gameplay improvement in years IMO. NHL15 can be tweaked to feel like NHL19. EA's focus is not on gameplay and it won't be as long as people keep spending money on HUT packs.

They removed GM Connected a few years back citing it had a low player count. Well, no shit, since you literally couldn't play it.

Also, EA doesn't have the rights to include NCAA players, so Zegras won't be in the game until he signs an NHL contract.

I don't think I'll be buying this year.

Reactions: Paul4587

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Looks like I’ll still be playing NHL 2K10 and NHL 2004 (the best two NHL games ever created)

I was watching the Stanley Cup celebration from NHL 2004 earlier today. Defenitely the best celebration in any game.

NHL 2004 and 2003 had my favourite sound tracks. Many songs from those games are on my spotify list, including all three songs in this video.

If IIRC the Vendetta Red song in the end was a bonus track, never played in the menu but only during this celebration.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
NHL 2004 and 2003 had my favourite sound tracks. Many songs from those games are on my spotify list, including all three songs in this video.

If IIRC the Vendetta Red song in the end was a bonus track, never played in the menu but only during this celebration.
No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age in 2003 and Push It by Garbage in 2000 are my all time faves. They really got me pumped up at every launch!

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Move him to the ECHL (that way he won't appear in franchis mode), that's what I do with the likes of him, Hossa, Zetterberg, Franzen etc.
The game needs a place called LTIRheaven where those players are located but i doubt the Players Union signs off on the game having that.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
When will they be available on PC, damn.
Cause then the game will never sell in Russia/Ukraine where pirating PC games is common. This makes them have to buy a console & buy the console version to play NHL.
I have a friend in Lithuania who mostly only plays the pirated PC games, with how little in euros Lithuania's wages are compared to other EU counties the prices of games cost the same amount of euros as they do in france/germany.

Even for me i only buy a console to play Sports games. My PC is all RPGs/MMOs/RTS/Action/3P shooters/etc. I find PC games more affordable (yet i do have to save up for hardware upgrades)

Reactions: Kalv

AustrianDuck

Aug 3, 2018
Graz, Austria
So there would be the Gulls in the Roster section.

Gameplay still the same, if there wouldn't be a new broadcast package and a few new goalie/shooting animations, you couldn't tell if you are playing a new game. AI is still just dumb sometimes.

Attachments

• 20190907_114507.jpg
    20190907_114507.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190907_114515.jpg
    20190907_114515.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190907_114524.jpg
    20190907_114524.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
This NHL *Current version* is probably the best nhl they’ve released since 11. Game feels very smooth but EA is known for tuning and ruining their games so well see. So far I’m a fan forsure though!

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Ducks overalls:

Getzlaf (86)
Rakell (85)
Henrique (84)
Silfverberg (83)
Kase (82)
Ritchie (81)
Shore (80)
Grant (78)
Sprong (78)
Steel (78)
Rowney (77)
Comtois (77)
Kesler (77)
Deslauriers (76)
Sherwood (76)
Terry (75)
Jones (72)

Lindholm (85)
Manson (84)
Fowler (83)
Del Zotto (78)
Larsson (78)
Guhle (76)
Holzer (74)

Gibson (90)
Miller (81)

did they revamp the way ratings were done? i see a lotta guys that imo are really low on our squad. although granted we did suck pretty bad last year

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
did they revamp the way ratings were done? i see a lotta guys that imo are really low on our squad. although granted we did suck pretty bad last year
they revamp the ratings in general last year. most players are lower than previous years. was supposed to help differentiate the elite players from the average guys.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
they revamp the ratings in general last year. most players are lower than previous years. was supposed to help differentiate the elite players from the average guys.

Yeah, 77 is the new 80. I like it this way though, because I grew up with overalls like these back in the day. I think it was around 2010 that everyone started being 80+.

A problem is however how the different attributes affects the overalls. Basically EA is making every elite player being elite at everything, just to make them reach a certain number. Erik Karlsson for instance has a 92 defensive awareness. In comparison Patrice Bergeron has 94. Once I'm done editing players, there will probably be less than ten skaters with an overall rating of 90+.

Guy like Steel and Terry being low makes sense as they are not yet establishe in the big league. Though it's strange how Steel has 78 while Terry only has 75 and Jones only has 72.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm still not a fan of the ratings system if guys like Erik Karlsson have a 92 defensive awareness, his defensive awareness should be 65 as he's a disaster in his own zone for a reason.
Patrice Bergeron should have 99 defensive awareness.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Cause then the game will never sell in Russia/Ukraine where pirating PC games is common. This makes them have to buy a console & buy the console version to play NHL.
I have a friend in Lithuania who mostly only plays the pirated PC games, with how little in euros Lithuania's wages are compared to other EU counties the prices of games cost the same amount of euros as they do in france/germany.

Even for me i only buy a console to play Sports games. My PC is all RPGs/MMOs/RTS/Action/3P shooters/etc. I find PC games more affordable (yet i do have to save up for hardware upgrades)
I wonder what is possible with game streaming. It is developping and hopefully we see NHL there in a couple of years.

But the best would be if 2k returned to making hockey. Unfortunately havent heard they would

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad