Rumor: Dundon asking for suggestion on Twitter

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Keep it simple. Have an outline of North and South Carolina, like this:

carolinas.jpg

I’d make it red with silver trim, then just put the man Canes logo where Raleigh is. No need to get too cute like they did with the third jersey.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Keep it simple. Have an outline of North and South Carolina, like this:

carolinas.jpg

I’d make it red with silver trim, then just put the man Canes logo where Raleigh is. No need to get too cute like they did with the third jersey.
I think we are intentionally trying to distance from SC for whatever reason, especially with the flag on the 3rd.

Maybe the main logo within the outline of NC, like ECU does?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Virginia Tech

image_handler.aspx

Yeah lol I don't know how I forgot about them.

I think we are intentionally trying to distance from SC for whatever reason, especially with the flag on the 3rd.

Maybe the main logo within the outline of NC, like ECU does?

I've been wanting this franchise to try and associate itself somehow with the good folks in the Palmetto State, but at this point I think it's a lost cause.

Maybe when the franchise eventually relocates to Myrtle Beach that will happen.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Calvin pissing on a Nordiques logo
I'm aghast of such proposition!

Bill Watterson, the creator of Calvin and Hobbes, is staunchly opposed to such usage of Calvin imagery and generally against overt merchandising of his intellectual property.

We have to find something else to piss on a Nordiques logo.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I always thought a logo with Black Beard holding a hurricane warning flags could be dope.

I can certainly see a red and black pirate secondary theme for the area, similar to what Ward had on his mask for years. Other than that, I don't have a lot of serious ideas beyond the red & black hurricane and the warning flags on the stick. Seems like a good pair of logos to me.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Yeah lol I don't know how I forgot about them.

I've been wanting this franchise to try and associate itself somehow with the good folks in the Palmetto State, but at this point I think it's a lost cause.

Maybe when the franchise eventually relocates to Myrtle Beach that will happen.
The team played a preseason game in Charleston like 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure that's the extent the franchise has reached out to South Carolinians other than having the games televised. Even their outreach beyond the Raleigh area in North Carolina is pretty pathetic. Should just go ahead and call them the Raleigh Hurricanes at this point.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Lighthouse with diagonal stripes or diamond pattern in Canes colors with a storm surge around it. Could try and steal a Tampa/Columbus vibe and have a lighthouse mockup in the arena with the storm sirens to start the game.

I suppose the NY Islanders already have a lock on that market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad