Drought Low Points

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Unless you're planning some kind of exorcism/grave dance, I don't think I want to participate in this. :confused:

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Unless you're planning some kind of exorcism/grave dance, I don't think I want to participate in this. :confused:
3/13/2022 was a fair bit of exorcism for me. Sabres come back with four unanswered goals and sonned the Leafs in glorious fashion. I was happy for days.

Strexvale

Mar 8, 2007
West Seneca, NY
Leino's whole tenure was a low point, but I think his not scoring a goal the entire season (until a GWG shootout goal hilariously) is down there.

Taylor Hall signing/using the Sabres for a big payday and then handcuffing their ability to trade and get anything for him on his way out of town is down there too.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
- Murray going up to the podium and just uttering “Buffalo selects Jack Eichel” during the draft instead of saying thank you to the owners and the host city, etc. Seems like a nice summary of that era.
- ROR saying he lost his love for the game in an interview
- Hudson Fasching kicking the puck into the net, in a critical game last season.
- Miller being traded.
- Ruff being fired.
- Lucic running Miller.

I’m sure I could think of a lot more…

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
- Murray going up to the podium and just uttering “Buffalo selects Jack Eichel” during the draft instead of saying thank you to the owners and the host city, etc. Seems like a nice summary of that era.
- ROR saying he lost his love for the game in an interview
- Hudson Fasching kicking the puck into the net, in a critical game last season.
- Miller being traded.
- Ruff being fired.
- Lucic running Miller.

I’m sure I could think of a lot more…
Good point. This is my pick.

That hit started all this bullshit.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
So essentially in a past life I was a video editor or at least I thought of myself as one as I minored in it in university. Now that I have a big boy job and have some free time and money on my hands, I'm going to get back into it as a creative outlet.

I'm going to be doing a Sabres tribute / hype / highlight video showcasing 3 parts: the drought, the current core (hope) and then finishing with the history Sabres moments and calls.

My question for everybody here, what are some of your low points from the drought years that you think I should include? Preferably if they can be actual video clip moments but of course I can make anything work if I feel they are important enough.

TL;DR: There's not enough Sabres tribute videos and I'm making one about the last 13 years, want to know people's drought low points to add to the showcase.

Please share whatever you make!

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
A lot of love is gonna go into it (despite the Sabres never returning the favor) so it’ll be at least a month before a final product, maybe 2. But I will!

Perfect, half-assing it for Sabres and Sabres management only.

I think any good disappointed faces resulting from a goal against make for good transitions.

You gotta have Risto blowing himself up on the boards for comic relief at some point.

And a closing shot of the boys golfing.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
A compilation of every shootout save Robin Lehner failed to make during the 2016-17 season. Which, if memory serves, is all of them. Kucherov even pulled the ASG move on him and that went in too.

Reactions: HaNotsri and JLewyB

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sobotka being kneed by Kucherov and nothing happening.

Dahlin being cheap shotted by Ciernak and Stamkos and Konecny and Kotkaniemi and Bennett with nothing happening.

Okposo fighting after the concussion scare.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Girgensons being the Sabres representative at the all star game...
Give the man his due, he received over 1.5m votes to lead the league in 2015. Not on hockey merit, but it's not as though he was our required throw in either. The other five top vote-getters were all Blackhawks.

Reactions: Chainshot

Greenbud Kelly

Jul 31, 2023
Orono, Maine
I forgot about this!!!!
Honestly that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title. At least with the franchise on the left of that picture we now know that was the low point and things went on the upswing from there. With the one on the right? Still waiting...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Eichel presser
ROR's "lost his love"
Tim Murray drafting Nylander
Every post game interview during the losing streak!
All the shootouts with Robin Lehner
Toews scoring to give us Eichel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad