Don't talk about playoffs, you kiddin' me? Playoffs?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Yep, that's not good for us. Today was the day they needed to lose.
Why I wanted them to lose in regulation other night. Either way, 1-1 gets us in no matter what. If Pittsburgh doesn't get 2, 1-1 clinches the 7th, which I'm actually not happy about playing Carolina lol.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Good playoff scenarios write up from Eric Hornick:

"Magic Number Time
The Isles are guaranteed to finish ahead of Columbus, Montreal, Ottawa, New Jersey, Buffalo, and Philadelphia. They need to finish ahead of (at least) two of these teams to make playoffs (Magic number in parenthesis): Detroit (2), Washington (2), Pittsburgh (1). Thus, their magic number is two to clinch 3rd place in the Metro and is two to clinch a wild card.

Sunday’s Games
None

Monday’s Games (all at 7pm)
Isles at New Jersey
Nashville at Pittsburgh
Boston at Washington
Montreal at Detroit

The Isles will be third in the Metro after Monday’s games regardless of any results.

Monday’s Clinching Scenarios:
IF Isles win – Isles clinch 3rd in Metro

IF Isles lose in OT/SO AND Washington loses in any fashion – Isles clinch 3rd in Metro
IF Isles lose in OT/SO AND Washington wins AND Detroit loses in any fashion – Isles clinch 2nd WC

IF Isles lose in regulation, they would still clinch a playoff spot if AT LEAST two of these things happen:
• Washington loses in regulation
• Detroit loses in regulation
• Pittsburgh loses in any fashion
(If Washington loses in regulation and Pittsburgh loses in any fashion, Isles would clinch 3rd in Metro; otherwise the Isles would clinch 2nd wild card with this combination.)"

Reactions: xECK29x

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
The current scenario is eerily reminiscent to last year’s Game #81 on the road in Washington…

Reactions: Osakahaus

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Good playoff scenarios write up from Eric Hornick:

"Magic Number Time
The Isles are guaranteed to finish ahead of Columbus, Montreal, Ottawa, New Jersey, Buffalo, and Philadelphia. They need to finish ahead of (at least) two of these teams to make playoffs (Magic number in parenthesis): Detroit (2), Washington (2), Pittsburgh (1). Thus, their magic number is two to clinch 3rd place in the Metro and is two to clinch a wild card.

Sunday’s Games
None

Monday’s Games (all at 7pm)
Isles at New Jersey
Nashville at Pittsburgh
Boston at Washington
Montreal at Detroit

The Isles will be third in the Metro after Monday’s games regardless of any results.

Monday’s Clinching Scenarios:
IF Isles win – Isles clinch 3rd in Metro

IF Isles lose in OT/SO AND Washington loses in any fashion – Isles clinch 3rd in Metro
IF Isles lose in OT/SO AND Washington wins AND Detroit loses in any fashion – Isles clinch 2nd WC

IF Isles lose in regulation, they would still clinch a playoff spot if AT LEAST two of these things happen:
• Washington loses in regulation
• Detroit loses in regulation
• Pittsburgh loses in any fashion
(If Washington loses in regulation and Pittsburgh loses in any fashion, Isles would clinch 3rd in Metro; otherwise the Isles would clinch 2nd wild card with this combination.)"
What needs to happen for the isles to not possibly make it? I’d imagine there is still a chance at that.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Too much nail-biting here.

The Devils lost to PHI 1-0. That tells me they aren't going to have their self-pride dial back up when we face them.

I do NOT want to face Pittsburgh in a do-or-die situation!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hockey needs an Isles-Rags playoff series. It's time to renew the bad blood between the fanbases. Plus, they are a better match up for us as we've kind of owned them since the beginning of Trotz's era.

f*** Toronto and that lying piece of shit, but it's been a while since the Rags have dominated my hate as I always thought they were irrelevant. They still are, but I'd like the boys to take a big shit on their great regular season.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011

Isles go 0-2 and pens wings and caps go 2-0
What happens if Isles go 0-1-1 and the other teams go 2-0. No playoffs for us I’m guessing. I’m looking at all the scenarios and I don’t see how NYI has 95 percent chance of getting in.

Don't forget Malkin and Letang who I think are WAY worse.
Yeah Sid not the crybaby he used to

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad