Prospect Info: Development Camp ‘23

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
When is camp?
“The Bruins will be holding their Development Camp from July 3 through July 7 at Warrior Ice Arena, following the NHL draft on June 28-29 in Nashville (for which they are currently without first, second and fifth round picks) and the start of free agency on July 1.”

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
“The Bruins will be holding their Development Camp from July 3 through July 7 at Warrior Ice Arena, following the NHL draft on June 28-29 in Nashville (for which they are currently without first, second and fifth round picks) and the start of free agency on July 1.”
Well, I won't be driving yet so I will need all of you going to report here.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Love development camp!

I know lots of folks like to crap on it, but the kids who stood out last year all had pretty good years...

Locmelis
Merkulov
Bussi
Edward
Brunet
Poitras
McLaughlin
Duran
Jellvik
Gaber
Gasseau

I do too. It's a great place to see prospects compared to each other. Barring the rare exception (DeBrusk), a prospect has to stand out at DC to be on track for the NHL.

I have not attended in years, but I might go this year with my two older daughters (6, 7) who will be out of school but not in camp. Poitras, Gasseau, Lohrei and Lysell are the guys I'm most interested in.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I do too. It's a great place to see prospects compared to each other. Barring the rare exception (DeBrusk), a prospect has to stand out at DC to be on track for the NHL.

I have not attended in years, but I might go this year with my two older daughters (6, 7) who will be out of school but not in camp. Poitras, Gasseau, Lohrei and Lysell are the guys I'm most interested in.
Yep, it’s the only place you can see all our prospects on the same surface, head to head.

The standouts tend to make it, and the opposite is also true, the hyped but underwhelming tend to struggle to make it (Zboril comes to mind).

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
In circa 1999, da Broons signed an undrafted free agent right-shot dman, named Shane Belter. He ended up playing a year in Providence, but it took me only a few seconds (I honestly don't recall for certain whether it was DC or regular training camp) to see that he was a very poor skater for an NHL prospect. I don't know who scouted this young man, but it was a very poor evaluation.

Reactions: Gordoff

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Wonder if the invite list will include
Jay O'Brien
John Farranacci
Robert Mastrosimone
Should have it by Sunday afternoon

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad