Player Discussion: David Jiricek, 6th Overall, 2022 Draft

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
One part of my family tree traces back to Plzen, its on my near-future travel plans for genealogical research. And I am a fan of a good Pilsner.

The Jackets have now drafted Pilsners in back to back years!

Jiricek and Svozil are good friends, their families have long been friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
The Jackets have now drafted Pilsners in back to back years!

Jiricek and Svozil are good friends, their families have long been friends.
Actually, Svozil was drafted out of Kometa Brno and is originally from Prerov i guess, but both cities are exactly at opposite end of country and far away from Pilsen

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Actually, Svozil was drafted out of Kometa Brno and is originally from Prerov i guess, but both cities are exactly at opposite end of country and far away from Pilsen

Ah my mistake. We heard that bit about their families being friends and maybe someone (myself?) assumed they were both from Pilsen.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Yep Svozil is Moravian and Jiricek is Czech. Svozil is drinking wine and talking with funny accent and Jiricek is drinking beer.

• Haha
Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Saw somewhere on here that they weren’t sure if he spoke English. He can, just needs some work :)

Reactions: CBJx614

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Long time listener.

I am very interested in Jiricek as a player and I’m hoping for some info about how he is playing in the AHL. 5 points in 6 games appears great when stat-reading.

But how is he playing? Is he on the first PP? Does he already eat lots of minutes? How is his foot speed in the A?

Thanks beforehand!

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Long time listener.

I am very interested in Jiricek as a player and I’m hoping for some info about how he is playing in the AHL. 5 points in 6 games appears great when stat-reading.

But how is he playing? Is he on the first PP? Does he already eat lots of minutes? How is his foot speed in the A?

Thanks beforehand!
He is looking great! Like Seider with higher offensive ceiling, great defensively.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I saw on Twitter that they Called him up
sure hope so, let the young studs play and grow in the Show

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
My expectations will remain low for any member of this team. However, my standards remain high. Here's hoping expectations meet the level of standards I have for these players/team internally. I don't put much into an 18 year old having impact as a rookie in the NHL. I would have preferred they call up Christensen, however, I get the need for RHD with two currently out. NHL is not a league to develop players. Let's hope this doesn't result in Klesla part 2.

Reactions: majormajor

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I don't think the intention was to call him up so he could grow and develop "in the Show". We have two injuries on the blue line and needed to promote a d-man. He was next man up.
And in getting experience he will grow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad