Denmark: Danish U18 WC roster.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
As predicted, Denmark vs. Norway in the final.. A victory is required for both.

Norway has one more p as they have won all their games in regulation.

Have we been to confident? I was sure Norways team was worse than ours, and not at all that good. We have allot of trouble scoring. Watched the game yesterday, and as against Slovenia most of the game was in their zone. We have allot of players that carry the puck well, but forget to pass and some that don't shoot enough.. At least not from a distance.

We don't have any snipers or decent shots imo. All the goals in the Italy game, were ugly goals around the crease.. And you cant win a WC like that..

We coulda' really used a guy like Björkstrand, has a great shot imo.

Norway may have a worse team on paper, but they sure have made it work..
Looks like they have a few great snipers and shots. Only thing im confident about is Denmarks Goalie and our D core which has been strong this year.

But, im sure Norway are going to promote.. Im sure Denmark will be the better team with more SOG and more time on attack. but Norway will just find a way like they always do..

Will never forget the U20 WC where Denmark leads the WHOLE game, Norway tie the game just before the end.. They go to OT, Denmark bombards Norways net with no luck.. Norway get ONE SHOT OFF in the WHOLE OT and score, win and promote ;)

It's like all their collective hate for Denmark gathers when we play :D I remember when Denmark played Norway in the Euro Soccer Qual, the rhetorics from Norway were suprisingly racist and very angry, whilst it was a bit more jokey and fun in Denmark.. Before I moved to Denmark, I always thought it was Denmark vs. Sweden.. But boy oh boy have I learned the hard way, that Norwegians "don't like" Danes :D

I remember before I became a member and used to read these forums back in 2003 or 4 and Denmark had just promoted to the A groups. I read a thread where all the Swedes were happy about it and congratulating the Danes, and all the Norwegians were like, to hell with Denmark, we don't want them here.. And you could genuinely feel they ment it.

What about Ehlers?:help:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Go Denmark :D Beat those cave-trolls :D

I cannot put words to how much I want to beat them..

What about Ehlers?:help:

Well one thing Ehlers is good at is carrying the puck.. He just does what he want's and no one takes it from him.. He reminds me of Lars Eller's early days in that way.. He is fast and has very good hands and is an awesome stickhandler, and he seems to have a good wrister, but not so much the slapper.. He just does not use it near enough..

But it is very evident that Ehlers is miles above everyone else... He just needs to shoot waaaay more..

Denmark's strategy has been weird imo, ive watched all games and they absolutely dominate, it's almost ridiculous they don't win by bigger margins.

On the other hand, Norway as always seem to have no trouble scoring.. Ive watched 2 of their games, and im 100% honest when I say their not even half as talented as the Danish team.. they play a simpler game and are way more effective though.

Denmark are creating allot of flashy plays that end in nothing, instead of going simple, they wanna make beautiful goals.
It's dumb.

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I cannot put words to how much I want to beat them..

Well one thing Ehlers is good at is carrying the puck.. He just does what he want's and no one takes it from him.. He reminds me of Lars Eller's early days in that way.. He is fast and has very good hands and is an awesome stickhandler, and he seems to have a good wrister, but not so much the slapper.. He just does not use it near enough..

But it is very evident that Ehlers is miles above everyone else... He just needs to shoot waaaay more..

Denmark's strategy has been weird imo, ive watched all games and they absolutely dominate, it's almost ridiculous they don't win by bigger margins.

On the other hand, Norway as always seem to have no trouble scoring.. Ive watched 2 of their games, and im 100% honest when I say their not even half as talented as the Danish team.. they play a simpler game and are way more effective though.

Denmark are creating allot of flashy plays that end in nothing, instead of going simple, they wanna make beautiful goals.
It's dumb.

Seems that Norway is just very good at using thosel limited chances they get,seems that denmark needs to shut down Norways Offense completley with good defense and goaltending.
Btw your situation reminds of the KHL final 4th game which eneded just now- Traktor chalyabinsk is the better team most of the game,but Dynamo moscow scored one flukey goal and they win :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Seems that Norway is just very good at using thosel limited chances they get,seems that denmark needs to shut down Norways Offense completley with good defense and goaltending.
Btw your situation reminds of the KHL final 4th game which eneded just now- Traktor chalyabinsk is the better team most of the game,but Dynamo moscow scored one flukey goal and they win :laugh:

Indeed they are.. I expect Markus Söberg to rise again in the draft.. Once perceived to be a 1st rounder then dropped to 5-6th round. I think he'll rise to 3rd-4th round:)

I think Norway will win, one big positive is that Denmark has only let in 3goals in 4 games(Norway has let in 9). And Our Goalie has an astonishing svs% above 97%. Our D have been more than good in their own zone too :)

Offensively they are dominating and playing some flashy hockey, but it is very frustrating seeing them shoot so rarely and when they do shoot they do not do it good enough. Also Ehlers really needs to shoot more.

Is the russian series done now then, or?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Indeed they are.. I expect Markus Söberg to rise again in the draft.. Once perceived to be a 1st rounder then dropped to 5-6th round. I think he'll rise to 3rd-4th round:)

I think Norway will win, one big positive is that Denmark has only let in 3goals in 4 games(Norway has let in 9). And Our Goalie has an astonishing svs% above 97%. Our D have been more than good in their own zone too :)

Offensively they are dominating and playing some flashy hockey, but it is very frustrating seeing them shoot so rarely and when they do shoot they do not do it good enough. Also Ehlers really needs to shoot more.

Is the russian series done now then, or?

I really hope that Denmark wins,i `m getting sick of norway(btw our womens NT lost to norway too :laugh:)

No,its 3-1 in favour of Dynamo Moscow,too bad i really want to see Kuznetsov and Nichushkin lift the Cup.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I really hope that Denmark wins,i `m getting sick of norway(btw our womens NT lost to norway too :laugh:)

No,its 3-1 in favour of Dynamo Moscow,too bad i really want to see Kuznetsov and Nichushkin lift the Cup.

I think our women are playing them tonight.. :D

Really, what ever happened to Kazan? Thought they were a dominating factor al'a early 00's Detroit?

And what is up with this Amur team? Please tell me they don't play their games in Amur? And how the hell do they attract foreign players?

Last thing, how come Riga are doing so bad?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I think our women are playing them tonight.. :D

Really, what ever happened to Kazan? Thought they were a dominating factor al'a early 00's Detroit?

And what is up with this Amur team? Please tell me they don't play their games in Amur? And how the hell do they attract foreign players?

Last thing, how come Riga are doing so bad?

Well,Kazan played in the Eastern Conference finals,but their team has aged quite a bit,in the end they couldnt outplay the youthfull Traktos,and it looks like they will go full rebuild mode next season

Abou amur- i'm not quite sure what you mean Amur is the name of the team which plays in Khabarovsk(not too far from chineese border)

Riga- our suckage can be attributed to lots of reasons,mainly coaching(Rautakallio) and alot of the leaders leaving for wealthier clubs(M.Rēdlihs,L.dārziņÅ¡,sprukts)
Hope this answers the most of it. :D

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well,Kazan played in the Eastern Conference finals,but their team has aged quite a bit,in the end they couldnt outplay the youthfull Traktos,and it looks like they will go full rebuild mode next season

So exactly like the Red Wings :laugh:

Abou amur- i'm not quite sure what you mean Amur is the name of the team which plays in Khabarovsk(not too far from chineese border)

Ofcourse I meant Khabarovsk.. How do they attract players that far away? And do they play their matches in Khabarovsk?

Riga- our suckage can be attributed to lots of reasons,mainly coaching(Rautakallio) and alot of the leaders leaving for wealthier clubs(M.Rēdlihs,L.dārziņÅ¡,sprukts)
Hope this answers the most of it

Ahh, I thought Riga was wealthy enough? I mean you managed to attract Rob Schremp.. But he left, right?

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
An eternal Puzzle is WHY on Earth did Nichlas Jensen skip the U20 Div 1A tournament to play meaningless friendlies against France? He would surely have tipped it in Danish favour. I fear the Danish goalie will be the gamewinner this time. He's a mountain, and 97 % now. And the Norwegian team appears a bit too cocky IMO. That said, this is not a bad Norwegian team, and totally different from what have been representing Norway in previous tournaments (NIT Bauer, Minsk etc.)

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So exactly like the Red Wings :laugh:

Ofcourse I meant Khabarovsk.. How do they attract players that far away? And do they play their matches in Khabarovsk?

Ahh, I thought Riga was wealthy enough? I mean you managed to attract Rob Schremp.. But he left, right?

1.Yes,pretty much,also funny coincidence that during lockout Datsyuk from Red Wings was rumoured to go to Kazan,but went for CSKA instead.

2. Well,yes they play their games in Khabarovsk,platinum arena, i dunno how they attract players that far away.probably by overpaying :laugh:

3.Well we`re not the poorest club,but we cant compete budget wise with teams like- Ak Bars,Maginitka,CSKA. About schremp- i thought he would be our next Marcel Hossa,but he failed miserabley so we had to get rid of him (although his stats in SEL were good ,SEL is not KHL)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Will never forget the U20 WC where Denmark leads the WHOLE game, Norway tie the game just before the end.. They go to OT, Denmark bombards Norways net with no luck.. Norway get ONE SHOT OFF in the WHOLE OT and score, win and promote ;)

It's like all their collective hate for Denmark gathers when we play :D I remember when Denmark played Norway in the Euro Soccer Qual, the rhetorics from Norway were suprisingly racist and very angry, whilst it was a bit more jokey and fun in Denmark.. Before I moved to Denmark, I always thought it was Denmark vs. Sweden.. But boy oh boy have I learned the hard way, that Norwegians "don't like" Danes :D

I remember before I became a member and used to read these forums back in 2003 or 4 and Denmark had just promoted to the A groups. I read a thread where all the Swedes were happy about it and congratulating the Danes, and all the Norwegians were like, to hell with Denmark, we don't want them here.. And you could genuinely feel they ment it.

I would say that Danish people hate to lose against Norway in football because of their Drillo-way of playing the game. It's unaesthetic for Danes. You don't find the same attitude in handball for instance.

I pretty confident there is no hate between Danes or Norwegians. It's all newspaper hype that has almost no foundation in reality.
The Norwegian papers will often use the "we were a Danish colony and we were treated badly" argument, which first of all has no basis in reality but it's often used to counteract the danish "fjeldabe" joke that is really meant only as a joke. Some Norwegian newspapermen have maybe become more "Swedish/German" and becomes offended by danish jokes?
I personally haven't met any danish people that dislike Norwegians, though we surely laugh at them sometimes (going around in their flag and being very excited). Neither have I met Norwegians that hate Danes!
I have met a lot of both Norwegians and Danes that dislike Swedes (but it's usually Stockholm-Swedes - the "08") and not Swedes in general. We still have the old joke "Keep Denmark clean and help a Swede to the ferry". It's from the old days in Helsingør (Elsinore) when they came over to drink themselves into a stupor.

Denmark-Sweden have a long history of warfare that has been translated into sports, but it's still very civil compared with other "hate" games around the world.

But we still dislike losing to Norway or Sweden in sport, because it's a local derby that means more than other matches.
So while we call Norwegians names such as "fjeldabe", Swedes are just called "svensker" (Swedes) - it's apparently an insult enough :laugh: (we really don't have any specific names for Swedes).
That's what I meant that the "fjeldabe" is meant more endearingly than as a real insult.

If any Norwegians, Danes or Swedes disagree....I'm open for insults kept civil :laugh:

PS: I have heard that some Norwegians that goes to bars in Denmark often end up with a free beer from the bartender as compensation, because the bartender first thought they were Swedish and ignored them for a long time. Some Danes can't really hear the difference in language between Norwegian and Swedish.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark-Norway is away.
1-0 to Denmark by Mads Larsen (ass. Nikolaj Ehlers & Mathias Asperup). 2.17 min
1-1 Markus Søberg (ass. Ludvig Hoff). 3.12 min
Both goals were PP-goals.
2-1 Denmark by Mads Eller (ass. Nikolaj Ehlers & Markus Jensen). 9.56 min

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
2'nd period on.
Norway equalizes to 2-2. Goal Herman Kopperud, (ass. Colin Olsen & Kristoffer Nomikos).
Two times now Norway have come back from a danish lead! Looks like a typical close race between them.
Norway gets the lead 3-2 by Markus Søberg (ass. Mats Henriksen & Andreas Klavestad).

Denmark seem to lose yet again to Norway. History repeating itself......

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
2'nd period on.
Norway equalizes to 2-2. Goal Herman Kopperud, (ass. Colin Olsen & Kristoffer Nomikos).
Two times now Norway have come back from a danish lead! Looks like a typical close race between them.
Norway gets the lead 3-2 by Markus Søberg (ass. Mats Henriksen & Andreas Klavestad).

Denmark seem to lose yet again to Norway. History repeating itself......

Its like they are ******* invincible :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
3'rd period.
Denmark equalizes to 3-3. Goal Mathias Asperup (ass Nikolaj Ehlers & Christian Kristiansen). Third assist from Ehlers so far.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Is Nikolaj Ehlers really number 24? what is he playing in the fouth line or something? I cant seem to spot him.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Is Nikolaj Ehlers really number 24? what is he playing in the fouth line or something? I cant seem to spot him.

The lineup says 24....so unless he got the wrong jersey on? :laugh:

4-3 Denmark on PP. Goal by Mads Olsen (ass. Mathias Asperup & Mads Larsen).
Come on Denmark...don't lose this. Another 2 min for Norway....time to nail the coffin!

5-3 on PP. Goal Mathias Asperup (ass. Christian Kristiansen).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad