Prospect Info: Dalibor Dvorský, 10th, 2023

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
There’s a good feeling of getting a guy who’s a borderline top 5 talent after screwing up the chance for a top 5 pick by going 9-5-1 in March.

Was thinking about this earlier today. I spent so much time being annoyed at us winning, only for us to get a guy who would be a top 3-5 pick in any other draft.

It really worked out for us in the end, and I’m super excited to see how good he ends up being.

Reactions: Pomee and Blueston

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023

Does this mean Dvorsky will be playing with 54 on his jersey?

I was really hopping he would stick with 15

Reactions: Pomee

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Reading though the prospect thread about DD on the main board, he seems a little polarizing.

It seems his showing at WJC was very much a standout compared to his play against pros in Allsveskan this year. Is he another case of a big guy looking better against his peers, but against men he will struggle because his size isn’t an advantage?

It will be really interesting to see how he performs in the SHL next year.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Reading though the prospect thread about DD on the main board, he seems a little polarizing.

It seems his showing at WJC was very much a standout compared to his play against pros in Allsveskan this year. Is he another case of a big guy looking better against his peers, but against men he will struggle because his size isn’t an advantage?

It will be really interesting to see how he performs in the SHL next year.
People have a hard time grasping context. He was one of youngest guys in league. His numbers stack up quite well historically against draft eligible players.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
People have a hard time grasping context. He was one of youngest guys in league. His numbers stack up quite well historically against draft eligible players.
I just was noting it as a thing to watch for. It wasn’t because I see it as a big concern or anything.

Being one of the youngest players and playing a pro game already bodes well.

Mar 6, 2012
Word is he looked very impressive at the prospect camp...

Is Dvosrky the highest draft pedigree forward we've had in like... a long time?

I know he's the highest forward we've selected in like 40 years, but what top 10 drafted forwards have even played for the Blues?

EDIT: Brayden Schenn was the 5th overall pick... I'm guess there have been others as well...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

I know he's the highest forward we've selected in like 40 years, but what top 10 drafted forwards have even played for the Blues?

EDIT: Brayden Schenn was the 5th overall pick... I'm guess there have been others as well...
Wickenheiser, Yakupov, and Turgeon were 1st overall picks. Paul Kariya was top five. Paajarvi was a top ten pick. Arnott too, though we obviously got him super late in his career. I’m sure there are more but those are the ones that come to mind.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I saw a post online last week that Brind'Amour was the last time the Blues picked a forward in the top 10 of the draft. Believe it was in 1988.

Reactions: jura

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I realize he‘ll add strength and weight as he matures, but imagine if he grows another inch or 2. Probably doubtful though.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Wickenheiser, Yakupov, and Turgeon were 1st overall picks. Paul Kariya was top five. Paajarvi was a top ten pick. Arnott too, though we obviously got him super late in his career. I’m sure there are more but those are the ones that come to mind.
Don’t forget a certain spouse-thieving power-forward turned league rule-enforcer turned Leaf executive whose illegal signing cost us a HOF-defenseman.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Don’t forget a certain spouse-thieving power-forward turned league rule-enforcer turned Leaf executive whose illegal signing cost us a HOF-defenseman.
There was nothing about shanny signing that was illegal. He was a rfa and blues legally signed him. The compensation rules were different back then. Since the teams couldn’t agree on compensation an arbitrator was needed to do so and the arbitrator screwed blues.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
I realize he‘ll add strength and weight as he matures, but imagine if he grows another inch or 2. Probably doubtful though.
That wouldn't neceseraily be positive for a guy with average skating. Dvorsky is bigger than McDavid as of now. His height is just perfect, he only needs to add strength and work on his skating.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
If i could NHL video game "customize a player" and add an inch or two of height to any player from this draft i would do it to Lindstein. I want him to be the next JayBo.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
After watching the last scrimmage, Dalibor is on a level over all our other prospects. The way he handles the puck and whistles shots out of nowhere is very impressive. Best player on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad