Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What was his shooting % before the surgery..................therin lies your answer for next year.
The surgery caused him issues, no doubt about it....................the kid played very well picking up a ton of assists, and his coach was happy with his 200 ft game.

He is the very least of our worries..............
Stats on the surgery are that it can take up to three years to return to normal. That sucks.

Hopefully he's a fast healer. :)

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just hope Caufield stays away from injuries and Dach has the year we think he can have. Caufield will be fine if we have a strong top 9 and the other team's coach has a difficult time in the match-up game. This is where you will se the best from Caufield.

Building a strong top 9 with two good PP units is key. Complemented with a very good D core and consistent goaltending that doesn't allow soft goals. Caufield is an important piece to this strategy because he can burn you in tight games. You just don't find a shot and goal scoring like this very easily.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Not next year, but the year afters Caufield's carrer upswing.

Next year, if Dach is healthy and we add another legitimate NHL top-6 forward, expect 30-40 (70) for Caufield, but, the next year, with a stronger D and more experienced forwards making it a better top-9 (not just top-6),he will be a 40 G, PPG player and Suzukiwill be a 30 G, PPG player.

Two more years before "Is this the year?" gets answered with a resounding yes!

Reactions: Redux91

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I felt like his shot was improving as the season went on
Let's call a spade a spade: CC is not that quick, certainly not powerful, does not drive the lanes up the middle and cannot win board battles.. but, he has a hell of a release off the half wall and is a fairly high IQ player.
Personally i think he is overrated as a sniper but his value as a second line W is deserved. His contract is slightly high, but otherwise in line with our strategy.
I believe he brings a wonderfully positive attitude to the team as an intangible, and should remain a staple as our core for the duration of his contract.
I dont expect him to produce much more than a 35-35-70 type player with ample PP time, but if they opportunity arises to package him up to get a true #2C (Dach can never be counted on) I would not hesitate to pull the trigger.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Let's call a spade a spade: CC is not that quick, certainly not powerful, does not drive the lanes up the middle and cannot win board battles.. but, he has a hell of a release off the half wall and is a fairly high IQ player.
Personally i think he is overrated as a sniper but his value as a second line W is deserved. His contract is slightly high, but otherwise in line with our strategy.
I believe he brings a wonderfully positive attitude to the team as an intangible, and should remain a staple as our core for the duration of his contract.
I dont expect him to produce much more than a 35-35-70 type player with ample PP time, but if they opportunity arises to package him up to get a true #2C (Dach can never be counted on) I would not hesitate to pull the trigger.
alot of the bolded isn't true at all. Caufield engages and wins board battles all the time. He also drives the middle all the time, what are you talking about?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad