GDT: CGY(34-35-5) @ WPG(45-24-6) 6pm SNW, going to Winnipeg edition

Who do you like best from the crop of top dmen for the 2024 NHL draft?

• Anton Silayev

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200w.gif

Wolf starts. Flames can sweep the season series with a win tonight.
Or they could also lose and it probably wouldn't make a difference to anything, but it would officially eliminate them from playoff contention.
200.webp

for luck :

giphy.gif

Reactions: Boomstick

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Meatballs sound good. I'm going to Flyers/Sabres tomorrow night with my brother. That should be fun. Always a good time in Buffalo. Would love to see Fedotov play.
I often daydream about taking various trips around the league's barns and pull up Ticketmaster to check on prices. How are ticket prices for a game like that w the Sabres out of the race?

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I often daydream about taking various trips around the league's barns and pull up Ticketmaster to check on prices. How are ticket prices for a game like that w the Sabres out of the race?
We're row 10 off the ice bench side for $160 US for the pair. Stub Hub gets you cheaper the day of the game, but my bro is a Flyers fan and my cousin from out of town is going and he's one row lower than us, so we wanted to be close to him.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
We're row 10 off the ice bench side for $160 US for the pair. Stub Hub gets you cheaper the day of the game, but my bro is a Flyers fan and my cousin from out of town is going and he's one row lower than us, so we wanted to be close to him.
Sounds fantastic. Good shout re: StubHub.

I used them recently for a comedy show that sold out quickly on TM, and the seller misrepresented the tickets. They claimed orchestra level (closest) but they were in the mezzanine. Thankfully I found another pair on FB marketplace that were both cheaper and better (and actually in the orchestra section).
Was a lot of back and forth w sh to get a refund. I just dislike that sellers need to provide zero proof they actually own the tickets posted. In this case I bought them in oct for a march show. Long time to wait after payment and they weren't available for me to see them until a day before the show.

Glad to hear for hockey it's more reliable.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Sounds fantastic. Good shout re: StubHub.

I used them recently for a comedy show that sold out quickly on TM, and the seller misrepresented the tickets. They claimed orchestra level (closest) but they were in the mezzanine. Thankfully I found another pair on FB marketplace that were both cheaper and better (and actually in the orchestra section).
Was a lot of back and forth w sh to get a refund. I just dislike that sellers need to provide zero proof they actually own the tickets posted. In this case I bought them in oct for a march show. Long time to wait after payment and they weren't available for me to see them until a day before the show.

Glad to hear for hockey it's more reliable.
We're on the Canadian side, an hour from Toronto, 30 mins to Buffalo. Toronto ticket prices are disgusting, I pretty much refuse to go there for a game. Buffalo is so much better and they treat Canadians like one of their own, unless you're a Loafs fan.

Reactions: flames23

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
We're on the Canadian side, an hour from Toronto, 30 mins to Buffalo. Toronto ticket prices are disgusting, I pretty much refuse to go there for a game. Buffalo is so much better and they treat Canadians like one of their own, unless you're a Loafs fan.
Yeah id do the same in your shoes. 30 min away is such a luxury. That's how far it is for me to get to a Canucks game. Even when they stink tickets are costly. Now that they're a playoff team its $180-200ea for quasi decent seats vs flames later this month. That's a tough pill. First round bleeders are going for $300+. Nothing like leafs tix for sure but rich for my blood.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Yeah id do the same in your shoes. 30 min away is such a luxury. That's how far it is for me to get to a Canucks game. Even when they stink tickets are costly. Now that they're a playoff team its $180-200ea for quasi decent seats vs flames later this month. That's a tough pill. First round bleeders are going for $300+. Nothing like leafs tix for sure but rich for my blood.
Leafs playoff tickets usually start at $1000 for nose bleeds. I always laugh when people pay top price for the 2 games before they're eliminated lol.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ah shucks!

I have to say though, I'm not sure that was entirely unstoppable. It's the size mechanics that worries me, something else about size too. I'm worried if Wolf can cut it out at the NHL level.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Now all jokes aside, Wolf might want that back. In saying that, a cross ice pass that close in the slot is not something you should be given up lol

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Another game where the zone coverage is trash. Still not sure why Huska came in to one of the strongest possession teams in the NHL and decided the system is the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad