CFL 2024

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Team has tried to make this a non issue right from the getgo. Carry on like nothing ever happened.
The priorities in football are very puzzling.

In the NFL---go out and get caught smoking some marijuana and its a minimum 4 game suspension and headline news on ESPN.

Beat up your girlfriend/wife or sexually harass someone and the line is "not our business, reconciliation, unfortunate, etc. etc."

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Who would have ever believed that the CFO of the Elkimos would have to make the statement "we have enough working capital to finish the season."

This is just shocking for a franchise that once boasted ample funds and often stepped in to save other franchises from folding.

In reading this article it becomes clear that finding a private owner has gone from "possibly a good idea" to "absolutely necessary."

Earnings are just "soft numbers" in accounting (unlike cash flow) but there is no disguising multi-million dollar losses for multiple years. I said before that I thought the EE had the balance sheet to survive for 2 years but it now looks to me like its one and done if no owner is found.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Who would have ever believed that the CFO of the Elkimos would have to make the statement "we have enough working capital to finish the season."

This is just shocking for a franchise that once boasted ample funds and often stepped in to save other franchises from folding.

In reading this article it becomes clear that finding a private owner has gone from "possibly a good idea" to "absolutely necessary."

Earnings are just "soft numbers" in accounting (unlike cash flow) but there is no disguising multi-million dollar losses for multiple years. I said before that I thought the EE had the balance sheet to survive for 2 years but it now looks to me like its one and done if no owner is found.

Have you seen the financial statements? I've been trying to find a link but have had no luck.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Have you seen the financial statements? I've been trying to find a link but have had no luck.
No I haven't. The statement by the CFO was a loss of 3.9M but I don't know how much cash is still on hand. If it was ample cash reserves then there would be no talk of making it thru the season.

3 years ago the stabilization fund was 13M. I don't know what it is but my guess is less than half of that earlier figure.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No I haven't. The statement by the CFO was a loss of 3.9M but I don't know how much cash is still on hand. If it was ample cash reserves then there would be no talk of making it thru the season.

3 years ago the stabilization fund was 13M. I don't know what it is but my guess is less than half of that earlier figure.
The number was literally just posted

Days ago lol

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

Further says stabilization fund drawn down to 6.4 million.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

We seem to have a disproportional amount of players on these salary lists. No bang for the buck.

Glad to see the most important position getting rewarded, at the least the top 15 in the league. But the RBs are pretty low, now I see why we don't that many good ones from the States.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

So a guy that retired then gets suspended shows up to training camp? WTF
This league is so confusing. Last week a guy is suspended until nearly Labour Day because of his off field conduct but shows up to training camp to take reps and mentor the rookies.

A week later a retired and player suspended indefinitely shows up to camp without a contract.

Is the ghost of OJ Simpson showing up to someones camp next week?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad