GDT: Cesko vs Denmark

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Should be a very close game. I'm guessing 2-1. Danes beat us at the recent Olympics with similar rosters. We can't score and Danes can defend. Expect a tight battle with lots of shots and no goals.

Czechs are starting Dostal (I would've gone Mrazek) and the exact same lineup. I do like that we aren't line blendering. Our PP is awful. Our 5 on 5 is stifling and good. Our PK is decent. Our finishing is dreadful. 1 goal against Finns and Swiss in 6 periods.lol

Good luck to Denmark!

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Should be a very close game. I'm guessing 2-1. Danes beat us at the recent Olympics with similar rosters. We can't score and Danes can defend. Expect a tight battle with lots of shots and no goals.

Czechs are starting Dostal (I would've gone Mrazek) and the exact same lineup. I do like that we aren't line blendering. Our PP is awful. Our 5 on 5 is stifling and good. Our PK is decent. Our finishing is dreadful. 1 goal against Finns and Swiss in 6 periods.lol

Good luck to Denmark!

Agree with all this (except "good luck to Denmark" - being a respectful poster to all opposition fans is good, but this goes a tad too far for me :) ).

I am glad we are not doing that Kari nonsense of rotating three goalies and pretending we don't have a clue who is number 1.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
That 5/3 was completely pathetic ... our unability to score is truly astonishing .. how are we want to achieve something with this? Two years in the row ffs, and incredible amount of pain to watch our NT

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I’m Czech and I watch the other match, it’s way more interesting than watching our pathetic PP

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Terrible, terrible, thats what you get when you take a team full of "bojovnik" who cant create shit and score. There is close to nothing in the offensive zone, and where is 99% of the shots are absolutely not dangerous.

How is it possible that Danish team, made up mostly from their own league and other euro leagues is more dangerous in the offense? Are they better players? I doubt it ... but they are scores ,creative players etc.

Where is Rychlovksy, where is Tichacek, Vrana etc. we left all our creative and offensive guys at home and now we are wondering why we cant score goals

f*** that really, I would rather lose 5:6 and not advance to QF then watch this vomitable shit all over again ... had more then enough of this last year

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Terrible, terrible, thats what you get when you take a team full of "bojovnik" who cant create shit and score. There is close to nothing in the offensive zone, and where is 99% of the shots are absolutely not dangerous.

How is it possible that Danish team, made up mostly from their own league and other euro leagues is more dangerous in the offense? Are they better players? I doubt it ... but they are scores ,creative players etc.

Where is Rychlovksy, where is Tichacek, Vrana etc. we left all our creative and offensive guys at home and now we are wondering why we cant score goals

f*** that really, I would rather lose 5:6 and not advance to QF then watch this vomitable shit all over again ... had more then enough of this last year
I agree. It's funny, last year when Kari jalonnen announced the roster, all Czech posters here said what they expected to happen, and all of it happened, it was completely predictable. This year it is exactly the same - given what players the coach left at home, we were all wondering where the goals would come from and lo and behold, we are even toothless in a nearly 2 minute 5 on 3. If it is THAT obvious to us armchair coaches posting here, how is it not obvious to the actual Czech coach?

Looks like we scored. I stopped watching but see it is 1-1 now on the iihf website.

The stats say 12-6 shots on goal to the Czechs in the first period. But somehow for the first 19 minutes (I stopped watching when Denmark scored) the Danes looked more dangerous.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I agree. It's funny, last year when Kari jalonnen announced the roster, all Czech posters here said what they expected to happen, and all of it happened, it was completely predictable. This year it is exactly the same - given what players the coach left at home, we were all wondering where the goals would come from ands lo and behold, we are even toothless in a nearly 2 minute 5 on 3. If it is THAT obvious to us armchair coaches posting here, how is it not obvious to the actual Czech coach?

Looks like we scored. I stopped watching but see it is 1-1 now on the iihf website.

The stats say 12-6 shots on goal to the Czechs in the first period. But somehow for the first 19 minutes (I stopped watching when Denmark scored) the Danes looked more dangerous.
Yeah Rutta from the blue, but that 5/3 almost 2 f***in minutes and not a single dangerous shot

Danes go into the PP and scores immediately

Its completely beyond my undersdanding, how to coach cant see this ... and its a f***in coach who won silver with U20 after the absolute offensive massacre ... thats even more disturbing, that he choose the team the way he did

Either Had f***ed with the nomination, or he shit himself from the home tournament and tried to play it safe with more known (but worse) players .. which is backfiring already lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Sweet play by Kase

I am not going to get too excited. they now look like a different team, but in hockey things change so quickly, so too early to make assumptions about how it will go.

EDIT: And THIS is why I refused to get excited. Totally against the run of play, but such is life. And hockey.

Last edited:

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
The power play looked better, even though they did not score. But at least they looked like they might, and the Danish keeper had to make some good saves. Kubalik does not look right though.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
There is that 1 goal game and headache I expected. Off the ass and in. Floating point shots are more dangerous than our pp

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
The secret to happiness is setting the bar now. So altogether, Czech doubters: "At least we are not Latvia tonight". Rejoice! :)

• Haha
Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs allow a goal late in first and late in second. So bojovnik do that? Seems like something we'd be good at preventing.

Happy with the game to be honest. I don't like line blenders. I don't like goalie controversy. I would've started Mrazek to give him a second look but dostal has had to be excellent.

As fast as I can tell the plan is to play dostal and be tied going into the third against everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad