Injury Report: CDS out for post-season

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Well, there's always a chance we do the improbable, but winning a series against Shesterkin with Domingue in net would be nothing short of miraculous.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Two years in a row with this injury and Desmith no?
Plus Crosby and Zucker, and I think someone else, too.

May be worth looking at some training methods. One thing to have a rash of fluke or impact injuries (broken bones and torn ligaments), but if you've got a trend of soft tissue/core injuries, that's something that potentially could be addressed.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Well, there's always a chance we do the improbable, but winning a series against Shesterkin with Domingue in net would be nothing short of miraculous.
Well, three of the NYR goals have come on special teams. If you can match that or even reverse it, you have a better chance.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Well, three of the NYR goals have come on special teams. If you can match that or even reverse it, you have a better chance.
Domingue at least looks adequate.

Put it to you guys this way: Do you feel like we have a better chance in this series with Domingue or last year's series with Jarry? To be honest the way Domingue looked last night gives me more confidence than how Jarry looked last year. I feel like we could win some games with him. Jarry was a disaster last year.

So...looking at it from that perspective, I feel like we have more of a chance this year despite this news than we did last year.

Reactions: SomeOldDude

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
How many years did the Pens go with I think only Orpik getting that injury/surgery? Like over a decade? Now Crosby, Zucker and Desmith all in a span of a couple seasons.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Penguins never should have let Fleury go

Thanks Obama

It is amazing how many things in NHL history change if the Pens keep Fleury. Pens might be better still, Caps probably don’t have a Cup, Vegas is not good. And yet it made no sense at the time. I hate hockey sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad