DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta think he’s getting a game reduced at this point

good to see him Monday matinee

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
exactly.
Which all starts with Marchands original 6 game suspension on Salo, which was basically a 2 minite minor for interference maybe.
Lowbridging a guy's knees seconds after he gives you a clean hit isn't "interference maybe"... it was a dirty cheap play. If you want to argue the length of this current suspension, that's one thing. But please... the apologists for a guy who went out and TRIED to injure someone and succeeded is a little bit much. It's not tough old school hockey, it's a gutless, coward's play. He didn't like getting a clean hit so he intentionally went into a guy's knees.

BTW here's the DPS well explained video for this with the definition of the actual penalty and the context why it wasn't a 2 minute penalty.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Lowbridging a guy's knees seconds after he gives you a clean hit isn't "interference maybe"... it was a dirty cheap play. If you want to argue the length of this current suspension, that's one thing. But please... the apologists for a guy who went out and TRIED to injure someone and succeeded is a little bit much. It's not tough old school hockey, it's a gutless, coward's play. He didn't like getting a clean hit so he intentionally went into a guy's knees.

BTW here's the DPS well explained video for this with the definition of the actual penalty and the context why it wasn't a 2 minute penalty.

I will forever defend this play because he clearly hits him above the knees. Literally anybody else does that and it's called a "beauty of a hip check". Sneaky, dirty play? Yes. Illegal check? No and it never should have been punished.

Keith Ballard used to do shit like this all the time and was praised for it:
Listen to the HNIC guys gushing over Ballard doing it to McGinn here

Another Ballard hip check for good measure that I believe went unpunished despite injuring Perry.

Honestly I could post more but there's too many to post b/c Ballard made a career out of it.

Only difference compared to what Marchand did is the patches on the front & back of the jerseys IMO.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

thanks for coming here and explaining to us how DOPS got it right. I guess I was wrong questioning the decision making of the DOPS leadership.
BTW, we know you dislike Marchand so I'm not really sure your giving us an unbiased opinion.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I will forever defend this play because he clearly hits him above the knees. Literally anybody else does that and it's called a "beauty of a hip check". Sneaky, dirty play? Yes. Illegal check? No and it never should have been punished.

Keith Ballard used to do shit like this all the time and was praised for it:
Listen to the HNIC guys gushing over Ballard doing it to McGinn here

Another Ballard hip check for good measure that I believe went unpunished despite injuring Perry.

Honestly I could post more but there's too many to post b/c Ballard made a career out of it.

Only difference compared to what Marchand did is the patches on the front & back of the jerseys IMO.

Yeah, I can’t disagree with your point on this play. It’s a cheap as shit play, but Keith Ballard was doing it virtually nightly and getting praised. Some of Ballard’s hits were so ridiculous, it was laughable. He “hip checked” Malkin by almost laying down on the ice.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
thanks for coming here and explaining to us how DOPS got it right. I guess I was wrong questioning the decision making of the DOPS leadership.
BTW, we know you dislike Marchand so I'm not really sure your giving us an unbiased opinion.

Complaining about an organization like DoPS is a given no matter how they handle things. It’s like complaining about referees. It doesn’t prove anything other than fans dislike authority and store in their minds all the perceived injustices most of which are heavily tainted by bias.

The league has whipped through I don’t know how many heads of the DoPS and they’ve all been equally hated.

Knox Harrington

May 28, 2021
Wow. And that f***ing hobbit reduced Spezza’s suspension for his dirty knee.

I hope Brad honchos the NHLPA someday. Never go away like herpes.

Reactions: Sigh

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Complaining about an organization like DoPS is a given no matter how they handle things. It’s like complaining about referees. It doesn’t prove anything other than fans dislike authority and store in their minds all the perceived injustices most of which are heavily tainted by bias.

The league has whipped through I don’t know how many heads of the DoPS and they’ve all been equally hated.
my issue is that it's always been a previous nhl player. clearly they bring historical bias based on the way they played. many times suspending players they played against. the optics are terrible. I simply feel a good first step would be to remove any perceived bias from the so called judges.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Okay, please tell us more about some other "unenviable records" around the league

Like Subban

Crosby

Oh wait....

And no, I'm not denying Marchand's history because he has done some stupid crap. But this wasn't worth six games.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Not surprised I guess, it is what it is. It seemed a few games too many to me but don’t feel bad for him at all that it isn’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad