Pre-Game Talk: Blues v. Stars. Round II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Why is the thought of losing to the Stars even entering your minds? The Blues should end this series in 5 or 6 games, especially without Seguin in the lineup some of the games.
Were like a battered spouse. Even when things are going good, we expect a black eye

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
If the Blues play with discipline and energy for the full 60 minutes every game, we should win. It will be a tough, close series....no gimmes in the PO's and especially not against the President Trophy winners.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If the Blues play with discipline and energy for the full 60 minutes every game, we should win. It will be a tough, close series....no gimmes in the PO's and especially not against the President Trophy winners.

Sweet, we're already in the finals!?!?!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'd love to see the Blues get on a role like the first King's Cup where they almost couldn't lose another game. But I just don't see that happening. I think Dallas in 6 is the most realistic. I'll be pretty curious about how well the Blues get mentally ready for tomorrow night after the euphoria of winning the last series.

If the Blues win Game 1? I think Dallas could crumple mentally kind of quickly. Like 5 games maybe 6. If Dallas wins both games at home to start, I see a 7 game series most likely. I also think Allen would start Game 3 if Blues were 0-2 in the first couple games.

Risky Bryzness

Oct 2, 2014
Minnesota
I'm way too superstitious to say who I think should or shouldn't win so I just want to say how excited I am we're in round 2! Hockey in May?! How fun! Let's Go Blues!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'd love to see the Blues get on a role like the first King's Cup where they almost couldn't lose another game. But I just don't see that happening. I think Dallas in 6 is the most realistic. I'll be pretty curious about how well the Blues get mentally ready for tomorrow night after the euphoria of winning the last series.

If the Blues win Game 1? I think Dallas could crumple mentally kind of quickly. Like 5 games maybe 6. If Dallas wins both games at home to start, I see a 7 game series most likely. I also think Allen would start Game 3 if Blues were 0-2 in the first couple games.

I don't believe that Blues won't be ready for 1st game. I only see biggeest obstacle in deep run was that 1st round. That win against Chicago is going to give Blues wings and so huge extra boost. I don't see who could stop this boost train, maybe Caps and Oshie?

We're gonna sweep Dallas if Seguin won't be back.

giphy.gif

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
I'm expecting a huge bounce back series for Shattenkirk. I think Stastny will be our 2nd leading point getter behind Frank. Forwards that is. I think shatty will rack up the apples and pot a couple goals to boot

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah Roussel is actually more annoying than Shaw. We can't let him be a factor.

If it comes down to it and he's a pain in the ass, we might as well just put Reaves in there and let him run wild. Then Dallas probably won't want to get involved.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Yeah Roussel is actually more annoying than Shaw. We can't let him be a factor.

If it comes down to it and he's a pain in the ass, we might as well just put Reaves in there and let him run wild. Then Dallas probably won't want to get involved.

Let's not get carried away now. Shaw has the single most punchable face in the history of hockey

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Let's not get carried away now. Shaw has the single most punchable face in the history of hockey
I'm pretty positive you guys will hate Roussel more than Shaw. Shaw is a pain but he mainly just plays physical and goes to the net for garbage goals. Roussel is the type of guy that will try to drop the gloves with Pietrangelo.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
stars d is going to get destroyed if blues punish them like they punished the hawks d.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Problem for Rousell is he has to face the Blues a minimum of 4 times. He will get rekt if he's tries some crap. Dude is a rat and league wouldn't miss him

Risky Bryzness

Oct 2, 2014
Minnesota
Rousell is dirtier than Shaw IMO. He goes true "intent to injure" at times. I didn't see the Dallas-Wild series so I don't know if he toned down the slashes in the playoffs.

Here's a Rousell slash on Tank earlier this season:

https://twitter.com/CMS_74_/status/708874220982251520/photo/1

Oh gosh I almost forgot about that! My cousin and I were collectively holding our breaths when he was down and trying to get off the ice. Very scary moment for a Blues fan. Hope, hope, hope this same crap doesn't occur.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Too much confidence. As long as we don't play complacent, this could be a short, sweet series.

This line of thinking needs to stop, far to reminiscent of the attitude around here for the 1st round series against Minnesota last season. No whammy's people :help:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong, but does this mean you're picking Dallas to win in 6 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad