In Memoriam Blaine Lacher dead at 53

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Was one of the goalies when I started to really get into hockey.

Rest in Peace Lach Ness Monster.
1995 was the first year I watched hockey and Lacher was the big story that year as the hot young rookie. So this sucks.

A while back I found a couple games from that year on youtube and watched them, and it really stood out that Lacher was the last pure stand-up goalie the Bruins had. If he comes out five years earlier maybe he has a better career, but he was already kind of a stylistic relic in the post-94 lockout era so in retrospect no surprise he didn't have a long career. But it was fun for that one year, he was the first goalie I remember and had the cool Lach Ness Monster nickname.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Terrible news. I met him once at T's Pub, as a few Bruins came in once(I remember Brian Smolinski and Mariusz Czerkawski being among them) and he was affable. He was awesome that 94-95 season.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Dang, I remember him well from my childhood. Definitely have several of his cards in the attic. Just pulled up his stats though, I didn't realize he only played 47 total NHL games.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This had to be for it's time the best looking goalie mask in the NHL. RIP Mr. Lacher.
Lacher.PNG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad