Blackhawks at the 2024 IIHF World Championships

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I didn’t get a chance to watch much of today’s game, but I was slightly disappointed to see he “only” had one point. Obviously great to see him having the success he’s had so far.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No.points for Bedard today in Canada's 4-1win over Norway..

So 2nd consecutive UNGENERATIONAL game by Bedard...not that Canada played that well again..

Norway did not get axshot till 41minutesxand 41 seconds into the game..Good goaltending by the Norway goalie to keep them close..Canada got an en goal. At the end and they cashed in on a shorty for their 3rd goal..

Norway finished with just 6 shots on goal forthe game but this was not duecto any great Canadian defensive effort...just that Norway hardly had any wish to attack till latevi the game.

When you consider Norway was playing 4 teenagers ,it was anotger ratger insipid performance by Canada...takibg it easy as if justcanotgercearm-up game.

Still Bedard wss nothing much in this game...2nd game in a row where he did not look inspired..

Came away impressed again by Stian Solberg the draft eligible LD who was very effective drfensively......very physical...several big hits..staples guys into the boards..Also scored Norway's lone goal on a 3 on1 break to which Bedard caught watching behind tgebpkay..

Of course soon after his goal on a Norway Po Solberg did have a criss ice pass intercepted by Cousins for a shorty goal..butcaside from thatx1 mistake Solberg was very good as a defensive dman ...skates well and is very physical..Looks Lready ready for the NHL ...can step in and pkay with the men right after this draft..I am so impressed with this kid..
Has 2 goals now I the tournament..

Very impressed..Hawks need a physical dman like this even if he is a LD.

Gotta change our culture from pansies to hard to play against.

Despite his early goals against weak co

I do not think Bedard has played upto his best ..and in his last 2 games he has been rathger like the fizzler we saw last 14 games for the Hawks..not doing anything you would want to notice as great or special..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watching the Czechia team...looks like old Blackhawks re-unuon...Kubalik Kempny Ruuta and Mrszek in net..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard again UNGENERATIONAL today in Canada 5-3 win over Finland...not only no pints for hom again...but did not generate shots or create scprong chance plays...hardly touched the puck.. Very unimpressive and disappointing play by hom last 3 straight games..More lije the fizzler he wss last 14 games Hawks played....All he did today was get knocked down twice by a hit and by a Finn leaning on him..Hardly looking effective or dangerous let alone anything special..certainly greatness missing in action and more like a useless appendage ratger than a significant contributor.

WTF...starting g to worry he is "lost" out there.

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
WTF...starting g to worry he is "lost" out there.

13+ min icetime because of lot of penalties and didn´t play in Canada´s first pp unit. But sure was a non factor today but that doesn´t matter because Canada did win though. Not worried at all. He´ll be fine.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
3 rather insipid consecutive games from Bedard is so far off gamebreaker let alone Generational that yes..I am worried how he is getting handled and not performing to hos best form that we expect from him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
3 rather insipid consecutive games from Bedard is so far off gamebreaker let alone Generational that yes..I am worried how he is getting handled and not performing to hos best form that we expect from him.
When McDavid was 19... after his rookie year went to the WC, he scored 1 goal and was under a ppg.

Bedard has 5? goals, leading his team in goals and points above ppg... still 18.

I know you show zero self evaluations but for anyone who thinks like this... it's nuts

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023
When McDavid was 19... after his rookie year went to the WC, he scored 1 goal and was under a ppg.

Bedard has 5? goals, leading his team in goals and points above ppg... still 18.

I know you show zero self evaluations but for anyone who thinks like this... it's nuts
I dont have anyone on ignore but after few words I know its fiddy post and just skip forward.. why bother with his word salad and weird takes not worth my time!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Swiss have won 4 of last 5 WHC games vs Canada..

So today without Bowen Byram,suspended 1 game ) and winnibg but not looking very goid as a team in the tirnament ,Canada needs to pkay much better to beat the Swiss...this includes Bedard who has been ineffective and pointless in last 2 games ...If he is a passenger today and his kibe does nothing again ,Canada is probably doomed to another loss to the Swiss...

Last edited:

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Pace of this game is pretty nuts and to be honest, Bedard clearly isnt one of Canada's best players so far. He slows down too much in the neutral zone, doesn't seem to be able to beat the first defender and just kind of making hope plays. Seems a little too slow and physically immature to have much a forechecking presence.

I think the coach has caught on. He's on a rotating fourth line right now with Paul, McCann and Guenther where he sits every 4th shift.

Kids played a lot of hockey the last 2 years so not surprised if he's burning out a bit

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1-1 tied after 1 period..

Bedard highlights:

1 shot on goal ...stopped by Swiss goalie (was a gradexA chance)...otherwise. dod motvdo anything...dod not generatevchances...got handled...absorbed 2 crushing hits that knocked him down off his feet (he has absorbedxa lot of thse type hits in last few games...oppsvtryingvto intimidate him physically ..
Not seeing 2 on 1s from Brdard or taking pucks to get clear and fire his ^generational " shot ..just not seeing him able to do much.

Phillip Kurashev highlights:

Did get a 2 on1 ...but elected to defer and pass instead of taking the shot...so 2 on1 fizzled..
Otherwise...got knocked down on a crushing hit by the Swiss.

In my mind:

3 knockdown big hitspn 2 Hawks (2 on Bedard 1 on Kurashev...emphasizing why it is imperative KD draft size and physical players who hit the opps and knock them off their keesters instead of softy smaller Hawks getting plastered by booming hits..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With Swiss leading 2-1 in 2nd period ,Kevin Fiala of Switzerland made a dirty knee on knee deliberate hit on Dylan Cozens...Fiala tossed for 5 monute major and game misconduct..Guhle gets 2 for retaliatory cross -check....first 2 minutes ofv4x4 ...no scoring..then Canada goes on 3 minute score as many as you can PP...Cozens gets revenge and scores.. Then still on the PP Bedard loses puck battle and Hawks down a Swiss player for a Swiss penalty shot..thecSwiss fail on it as Binnington stops it ...Then still on the PP Canada scores again...then Canada gets a break-away by McBain but stooped by the Swiss goalie..Very exciting game..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Looks lije Bedard demoted.. Last shift it was Guenther taking his place on the McCann Paul line instead of Bedard.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard back ont he Mcann Paul line..he was sat down only 1 shift.

Bedard got the start of a break-away but Kurashev cut him off..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Wild 2nd period ends...3-2 Canada leads..

Bedard highlights: again nothing doing ...
except him taking a Swiss guy down for a penalty shot which Swiss failed on.Otherwise, failed to generate chances for hinself or his line.
No shotscon goal.

Kurshev 2nd period highlights.. 1 shot attempts...blocked..another hit knocked him down off his feet..but to his credit he stopped Bedard from a potential break-away..

In other words..Hawks players insignificant .

Dylan Cozens now leads tournament with 6 goals (2 in this game) ...surpasses Bedard who has now gone goalless pointless in 8 straight periods.

While Cozens for Canada and Billy for U S A are having great tournaments and "startibg"...Bedard fizzling..And in a game where U S A. Bombed Kazakhstan 19-1,$9.5 and Vlasic did not even contribute a point.

Yikes!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedardcfinalkybhad a good shift..no scoring but generated some plays that looked like they could lead to a goal.

Another almost chance generated by Bedard..

So finally puts together 2 consecutive decent shifts.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Canada holds lead to 3-2 win.

Bedard didn't get a shift in last 5 minutes as Tourigny trusted his vets ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard was not even on 2nd PP unit for Canada.

Yes...hard to score on limitedc5x5 shifts..but you must show the coaches a reason why you should get more ice time and Pp work...Bedard has trended down3 (and though he got a goal 4 games back,he did not have a great game in that one either...so rightfully coach not going to reward him for ineffective play.

I have not seen any chemistry with lunenates from Bedard..The line is the least dangerous one Canada has It is just "off".

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard running out of gas?

Some articles in media appearing to suggest that.. Bedard played 2nd fewest minutes of Tean Canada last game vs.Swiis..

Coach Toriggny is recognizing he is struggling and is not seemingly able to show the form where he generates chances and isxa threat on hisxsgifts..He justvloojs out ofvtgevpkay mist shoftsxand is not clicking with his libemates.

So the question is should we worry..Thexarticke I read suggests he is tired from a long grind of the NHL season plus all those high pressure tournaments he played where he did show the sustained intensity and focus and energy required to star.
But he just really has beenstruggling over last 3 games plus 2/3of the game prior.Likebhevjust fell offvtgecraiksxandvis notvcompeting well agaivst these men at thexWHC.

I hope it us c just tiredness and not sonething else.
It seems to me that since Tavares came over ,Connor either has deferred the effort and stardom to the vet star of the team.and that Bedardcisxsortvof eitger denoting himself with the coach or getting demoted by natural deference to the new sheriff in town(Tavares).

I think Tavareschas gotten better each gamevhechas pkayedxand Canada will need a high cobtribution by him to pick up the Bedard slack...unless Bedardccan shrug off the unusual (for him) transfer of the spotlight to others (Cozens and Tavares)..

Instead of the main gobto focus,Bedard nowvin just a support role.. not sure hebkikes it..and hope he is realky just tired and not pouting and giving lackluster oerformance

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Some articles in media appearing to suggest that.. Bedard played 2nd fewest minutes of Tean Canada last game vs.Swiis..

Coach Toriggny is recognizing he is struggling and is not seemingly able to show the form where he generates chances and isxa threat on hisxsgifts..He justvloojs out ofvtgevpkay mist shoftsxand is not clicking with his libemates.

So the question is should we worry..Thexarticke I read suggests he is tired from a long grind of the NHL season plus all those high pressure tournaments he played where he did show the sustained intensity and focus and energy required to star.
But he just really has beenstruggling over last 3 games plus 2/3of the game prior.Likebhevjust fell offvtgecraiksxandvis notvcompeting well agaivst these men at thexWHC.

I hope it us c just tiredness and not sonething else.
It seems to me that since Tavares came over ,Connor either has deferred the effort and stardom to the vet star of the team.and that Bedardcisxsortvof eitger denoting himself with the coach or getting demoted by natural deference to the new sheriff in town(Tavares).

I think Tavareschas gotten better each gamevhechas pkayedxand Canada will need a high cobtribution by him to pick up the Bedard slack...unless Bedardccan shrug off the unusual (for him) transfer of the spotlight to others (Cozens and Tavares)..

Instead of the main gobto focus,Bedard nowvin just a support role.. not sure hebkikes it..and hope he is realky just tired and not pouting and giving lackluster oerformance
Learn English

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm guessing he's a Newfie, that's as good it gets.
Typing on an iPad touchscreen without spellcheck

So the question is should we worry..

Incase anyone is wondering, Bedard is PPG for the tournament still

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad