Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zach Parise, 1-year, $825k

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
This is going to test me, because as people know, in my view, anything that is associated with, or touches/has touched the Minnesota Wild organization, is arse to me. I think I need to see him in an AVS jersey to wash away that green diarrhoea from the systems.

Unsure why we didn't keep Tomas Tatar, who has 10 points in 18 games (plus 12) for the Kraken?

BUT, like always happens, the minute I see Parise giving his all for the burgundy and blue, he's an AV, for life, and I'll love him.
Tatar just had issues with our system. Some guys like Kadri flourish in it, and some guy like Tatar just struggle. Had Tatar been putting up those kind of number here, I'm sure he's still be around. It was also a depth issue. JD was playing out of his mind and there just wasn't enough top 4 winger spots to go around.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tatar just had issues with our system. Some guys like Kadri flourish in it, and some guy like Tatar just struggle. Had Tatar been putting up those kind of number here, I'm sure he's still be around. It was also a depth issue. JD was playing out of his mind and there just wasn't enough top 4 winger spots to go around.

Can also take time for some guys to adjust to the Avs style. I have a feeling Tatar understandably might have asked for a trade, instead of waiting it out to see if things got better, since this was supposed to be a prove it contract this year, and his success impacts his NHL career a lot.

Malgin is a good example. He wasn't playing great when he was first brought in. Wasn't clicking with line mates, wasn't finishing his chances, and then a couple or a few months later, all of a sudden it started to click for him in the regular season, and he became a decent contributor in a bottom six scoring role.

Drouin is another. He wasn't clicking with the team or linemates at first either. But he's just a real smart player and realized pretty quickly he needed to adapt his style to play with a higher pace, and forecheck harder. I'm still pretty impressed he was able to adapt so quickly.

Reactions: sethro109

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

I do wonder how Parise would clique with Johansen? Maybe that could be the spark 12 needs? Nuke on the right (who in my view is a natural right winger). Does mean Lehkonen would be playing 3L, with Colton though.

That being said, we need to make plans on the future of Drouin. If we are keeping him, leave him playing with Mack. If not, Lehks needs to be there, with Drouin dropping down the lines in my view.

Jeez, then we need to consider Landy at some point.

Our club is ridiculous good mannnnn.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I do wonder how Parise would clique with Johansen? Maybe that could be the spark 12 needs? Nuke on the right (who in my view is a natural right winger). Does mean Lehkonen would be playing 3L, with Colton though.

That being said, we need to make plans on the future of Drouin. If we are keeping him, leave him playing with Mack. If not, Lehks needs to be there, with Drouin dropping down the lines in my view.

I'm telling you, cap hit aside, I think a Landy - RyJo - Parise 4th line might be a really good X factor 4th line. Just feels like a perfect playoff line.

You can manage their minutes, and get the right matchups, so they're not exposed against the better faster players. They can sit on the bench for extended periods, and then go out and give you a good shift to generate momentum or better.

All three are vets that can play in the trenches and score big goals in the playoffs. Kind of like the Cogs - Helm - LOC line. Not as fast, but perhaps better offensively.

Avs could potentially have 4 really good lines in the playoffs.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm telling you, cap hit aside, I think a Landy - RyJo - Parise 4th line might be a really good X factor 4th line. Just feels like a perfect playoff line.

You can manage their minutes, and get the right matchups, so they're not exposed against the better faster players. They can sit on the bench for extended periods, and then go out and give you a good shift to generate momentum or better.

All three are vets that can play in the trenches and score big goals in the playoffs. Kind of like the Cogs - Helm - LOC line. Not as fast, but perhaps better offensively.

Avs could potentially have 4 really good lines in the playoffs.

Heaven. Hot damn I love this club.

• Haha
Reactions: LOFIN and Foppa2118

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

You just gave me an idea. It just popped up into my head...

We should try Drouin at 2C. That could solve our 2C problem for this season and mid-term as well. He would also be easier to re-sign and fit in cap-wise. Just an idea......

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This one is growing on me. I didnt like it initially. Then I saw the money. Then I saw his numbers from last season. Having a guy like this in the bottom 6 shouldnt hurt the team. Hes probably better than slohansen too.

Reactions: The Moops

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This one is growing on me. I didnt like it initially. Then I saw the money. Then I saw his numbers from last season. Having a guy like this in the bottom 6 shouldnt hurt the team. Hes probably better than slohansen too.
Yeah, but also...

parise__2_.jpg

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

I'm guessing he just replaces Dermy at first, and plays with Lehky and RyJo, on the 3b line (Avs don't really have a 2nd line), then takes Kivi's spot on the 4th line when Nuke comes back.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Good news is that he’s going to be fresh. Rusty but fresh.

He’s looking at a 33 game season plus playoffs. He should have plenty in the tank

Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think there are simply systems where Tatar thrives and systems where he sucks. He did well in Detroit, New Jersey, and Montreal, and was a complete disaster in Vegas and Colorado. Can't really point the finger as to why but he's definitely a very unique player with a very unique set of skills.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think there are simply systems where Tatar thrives and systems where he sucks. He did well in Detroit, New Jersey, and Montreal, and was a complete disaster in Vegas and Colorado. Can't really point the finger as to why but he's definitely a very unique player with a very unique set of skills.
I think it’s slightly unfair to say he didn’t fit here. He played 19 games only.

Drouin looked porous during that same time period. Once it all clicked and he understood the system better, there was a complete change in his play.

He also would’ve been given significantly more opportunity when nuke and Lehkonen were out.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think it’s slightly unfair to say he didn’t fit here. He played 19 games only.

Drouin looked porous during that same time period. Once it all clicked and he understood the system better, there was a complete change in his play.

He also would’ve been given significantly more opportunity when nuke and Lehkonen were out.
I agree it’s a small sample size and my statement was more general in that he simply didn’t do well with certain teams and thrived with others. Still, it appears it appears either he or the Avs (or both) concluded it wasn’t going to work.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Good news is that he’s going to be fresh. Rusty but fresh.

He’s looking at a 33 game season plus playoffs. He should have plenty in the tank
He will probably get hurt again and not be healthy to play for the rest of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad